What rules in the NFL (No Fun League) would you change?

No kneeling. Teams should have to at least run the ball. Even backwards. I just hate kneeling.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by doyung9

Honestly... celebrations. I look at it like this.

1. Players can celebrate after:
a) a touchdown
b) a gain of 20 or more yards
c) a forced turnover (interception, fumble, 4th down stance)
d) "game changing" play (sack, stop for loss, 4th down conversion)

I'm sick and tired of seeing cornerbacks and safeties with all this arm waving b/s, when 90% of the time the cornerback has nothing to do with the incompletion, the receiver either drops the ball, is under/overthrown, or the pass is just plain terrible. People complained in the 80s-90s about U of Miami celebrating too much, but I'd put up with that before I have to see another nickel back acting like he's waving in an airplane just because Jamarcus Russell can't hit the broad side of a barn.

So if a RB has a 19 yd run and he starts to celebreate he gets a flag??
laugh.gif

If you want to change the celebreation rules, it has to be SIMPLE...... Only after a TD, no props.

That was just me rambling in a drunken stupor after watching the Saints v. Cowboys game... I had these images of garbage Mike Jenkins waving his damn arms.
laugh.gif

It just perturbs me to no end how much CBs and Safeties celebrate for completing an assignment, it's 10x worse in college.

I used to believe that the patty caking on QB's hurt the game, but that was before I realized how smart a move it really is.

This is a QB driven league and any of these top QB's get hurt, the NFL product goes down. The NFL is exciting because all the great QB's get to showthere stuff. If they constantly banged up the excitement level drops.

OT needs to change.

A sidenote...98% of Fox broadcasters need to go.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Honestly... celebrations. I look at it like this.

1. Players can celebrate after:
a) a touchdown
b) a gain of 20 or more yards
c) a forced turnover (interception, fumble, 4th down stance)
d) "game changing" play (sack, stop for loss, 4th down conversion)

I'm sick and tired of seeing cornerbacks and safeties with all this arm waving b/s, when 90% of the time the cornerback has nothing to do with the incompletion, the receiver either drops the ball, is under/overthrown, or the pass is just plain terrible. People complained in the 80s-90s about U of Miami celebrating too much, but I'd put up with that before I have to see another nickel back acting like he's waving in an airplane just because Jamarcus Russell can't hit the broad side of a barn.

So if a RB has a 19 yd run and he starts to celebreate he gets a flag??
laugh.gif

If you want to change the celebreation rules, it has to be SIMPLE...... Only after a TD, no props.

That was just me rambling in a drunken stupor after watching the Saints v. Cowboys game... I had these images of garbage Mike Jenkins waving his damn arms.
laugh.gif

It just perturbs me to no end how much CBs and Safeties celebrate for completing an assignment, it's 10x worse in college.
Then all players shouldn't celebrate at all. It's their job to score touchdowns, field goals, tackle, etc. There should be more peoplelike Barry Sanders. All this over celebrating is nonsense. And people like Chad Johnson should be suspended for their props and showoffness, for instancethat Chris Henry thing. Chad Johnson is one of the lamest players ever to don an NFL uniform.

JR5

Back
Top Bottom