What school has the best Sports Science / Kinesilogy Grad program?

I don't really like what I'm doing with my life right now, and this is what I majored in (however I'm working I.T now). I'm 24, so I'mconsidering maybe going back to grad school and trying to get into the field I really wanted in. In general, I'd just prefer to have a job in sports. Iknow that's vague, but anything from A.D, facilities manager, coaching, athletic training and exercise prescription, recreation manager, things of thatnature are what I'd love to be involved in.

As for my undergrad, I didn't really take it that seriously and pretty much just had the mentally to pass and get my degree, since your GPA doesn'tshow on your degree. I know now though that that may come back to bite me. I was the same in high school even when it came to going to college, just went tothe local one when I probably could have gotten into OU or OSU.

Anyways, to anybody in the field, what did you do to get in and where did you go to school? Do you think it'd be worth it for me to go back 2 more yrs ofschool at my age? I don't have any real bills or responsibilities like kids, car, or mortgage or anything. It'd just be a matter of me being able tolive where ever and eat.

Thanx for any advice

CLIFFNOTES

I am a Sports Med/ HPET Major, but work in computers
I want to get into the field
I might go back to school but dont know where or how I'd afford it
Any advice

come chill at UF with me. I'll be across the hall from the kinesiology people in the tourism, rec and sport management dept starting this Fall.

Gainesville's cheap, housing is outta control cheap cause of the cut in undergrad admissions and extra apts that were built.

UCONN has a TOP kinesiology program...i think they were ranked #2 last year or something...(I could be wrong)...but they're def. top 4

^ UCONN is a top program indeed, I considered going there for my next degree. I was pulled away by an offer I couldn't resist.

see if there's a national/academic organization for kinesiology, not sure what it's called, they'll have a website and likely a listing of"certified" or "accredited" schools...meaning they wrote a check and met flimsy minimum requirements, but at least you'll get a fewideas.

Man I can't afford %%@%. I might just go to OU, in state tuition still applies for Grad school doesnt it?

Back
Top Bottom