What shoe is Jordan wearing?..pics

Nike Air Flight One

*From Kixclusive*

Anfernee Hardaway's first signature shoe. Michael Jordan also briefly wore this shoe when he returned from retirement. 1995 release.

If my memory serves me right wasnt his basketball gear bag missing when they arrive at miami which is why he is wearing Nike Air Flight One.

Originally Posted by Flip Jays

If my memory serves me right wasnt his basketball gear bag missing when they arrive at miami which is why he is wearing Nike Air Flight One.

I read somewhere (therefore I'm not sure) that the NBA is going to fine MJ for the Concords because they (the shoes) violate the league rules onuniforms/shoes. Can't find the source though. I'll try to find it and post it.

Prior to wearing the Air Flight One, MJ was wearing the White/Black/Concord XI's against the Magic in the 95 playoffs. The NBA had a problem with thisbecause the rest of the Bulls team was wearing primarily black shoes (Bulls playoff Tradition in the 90's). Instead of taking the fine, MJ broke out theAir Flight Ones. (Rumor has it that he got them from Penny)...The last two games, MJ wore the black/white XI's, which later became known as the infamousSpace Jams.

Originally Posted by ijapino

Prior to wearing the Air Flight One, MJ was wearing the White/Black/Concord XI's against the Magic in the 95 playoffs. The NBA had a problem with this because the rest of the Bulls team was wearing primarily black shoes (Bulls playoff Tradition in the 90's). Instead of taking the fine, MJ broke out the Air Flight Ones. (Rumor has it that he got them from Penny)...The last two games, MJ wore the black/white XI's, which later became known as the infamous Space Jams.

and i just said that i read this somewhere. did you post this info in any other threads here in NT ijapino? because if you did, i might just be referringto that. silly me.
embarassed.gif

it was also the time when Jordan was wearing the number 45... and wanted to go back to 23... so he did a trade off, and decided to wear the shoes in return forwearing the 23 again.... Magic won the series... and I was happy

there's no way the XX3's will have the same impact the space jams did back in the day! that's crazy how the NBA would fine MJ for the TINKERdesigns of his shoe. this is a true definition of a shoe design being revolutionary at its finest. Now all tinkers designs are good for is to make those richbastards even richer taking advantage of the culture of MJ and his shoes. Desigins a sixth grade art competion with a $$$$$$ markup. XX3=kiss my A..!

hmm, concords in the 95 playoffs? i don't recall MJ wearing the XI's until early in the 95-96 season.

side note,
eek.gif
at how high MJ jumped to get at shaq's shot in that first pic.

Originally Posted by 23thegreatest23

that's crazy how the NBA would fine MJ for the TINKER designs of his shoe. this is a true definition of a shoe design being revolutionary at its finest.

The NBA we't gonna fine him due to the designs...It was the color that came into the question. MJ was wearing white shoes while the rest of the teamwas wearing black shoes.

^^^he did wear the concords the same night he came back w/ the 23. he got fined for both circumstances.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

hmm, concords in the 95 playoffs? i don't recall MJ wearing the XI's until early in the 95-96 season.
Let me help you jog your memory:

This was the first game of the Magic Bulls series - 1995: Note Nick Anderson in Orlando colorway 10s - Also note the #45 jersey.

p1.mj.jpg

Hi Horace!

9596PlayoffsOrlandoTomahawkHorace.jpg

Often in MJs career, he would wear the next year model of the shoe before the season began: 17s while the 16s were out. 14s during the NBA finals....

p1.mj.jpg

That's exactly the picture I came in here to post.

I hate the memories it brings up though.

Originally Posted by kdwallace

p1.mj.jpg

That's exactly the picture I came in here to post.

I hate the memories it brings up though.

I was so upset when nick anderson stole the ball and eventually beat the bulls in 6, o well shaq and penny ended up getting swept in the finals, mj comesback and leads bulls to 72-10 record and sweep magic, beat sonics to win the tittle

thats what you call revenge

Originally Posted by 23thegreatest23

that's crazy how the NBA would fine MJ for the TINKER designs of his shoe. this is a true definition of a shoe design being revolutionary at its finest.

The NBA we't gonna fine him due to the designs...It was the color that came into the question. MJ was wearing white shoes while the rest of the team was wearing black shoes.

I recall Nike doing this on purpose with the Is... was this another marketing ploy but this time with XIs?

I recall Nike doing this on purpose with the Is... was this another marketing ploy but this time with XIs?
Possibly. Personally I think Mike was just excited to break out the XI's early.

Often in MJs career, he would wear the next year model of the shoe before the season began: 17s while the 16s were out. 14s during the NBA finals....
I wouldn't say "often". I can remember back to as far as the V's, MJ would wear the last color of the series for the beginningof the season, and then break out the "new" AJ around all star break. He would then finish the season wearing the current model...

So it went like this....

1990-1991: Started out wearing White/Fire Red V's, switched to White/Infared VI's around the All Star Break, and wore Black/Infared VI's for thePlayoffs.

1991-1992: Started with the Carmine VI's, Bordeux VII's for the ASG, White/Red/Grey VII's for remainder of the season. Black/Red VII's forPlayoffs.

1992-1993: Cardinal VII's for Start of the season, Aqua VIII's for ASG, White/Red VIII's for remainder. Black/Red VIII's for playoffs.

1994-1995: Baseball IX's and X's...

1995: Chicago X's for remainder of the season. Black/Red X's against Charlotte in the Playoffs, White/Black XI's, Air Flight One, and Space JamXI's against the Magic in Round 2 of the Playoffs....

1995-1996: White/Black XI's for entire Season, White/Columbia XI's for ASG, Black/Red XI's for playoffs...

1996-1997: White/Black and White/Red XII's for season. Black/White XII's for ASG. Playoffs he wore black/white XII's for Home games, and black/redfor road games...

1997-1998: White/Black and White/Red XIII's for season, Black/White XIII's for ASG. Playoffs, he wore Black Black/White XIII's for Home Games,Black/Red XIII's for road games. He also mixed it up with a few XIII PE Lows. The Finals against the Jazz he wore XIII's and XIV's.

The Wizards years, I didn't keep track that much since he wore some Team crap as well...

Ijapino..

He also wore the XIV a couple games against the Pacers in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Wizards: 2001-2002 - Ginger 16 in the preseason, White College Blue 17 mid, 17 blue low, True Blue 3 retro

2002-2003 - Copper 17, White Blue 18, White Red 18 mid with the throwback Bullets jersey, Team FBI, Cool Grey 11 retro

i thought since penny rocked the X's prior to his sig shoe, mike and penny had "agreed" to switch sig shoes and penny didnt follow through?

He also wore the XIV a couple games against the Pacers in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Sorry, but you're mistaken. I can GUARANTEE you he did not wear the XIV's till the Finals. He did wear all black XIII lows against thePacers. That might be what you saw.

Trust me on this. 10 Years ago, it was all the talk on Nikepark.

Sorry, but you're mistaken. I can GUARANTEE you he did not wear the XIV's till the Finals. He did wear all black XIII lows against the Pacers. That might be what you saw.

Trust me on this. 10 Years ago, it was all the talk on Nikepark.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wasn't up on internet sneaker message boards at that time, but between me and a few other dudes from my neighborhood that sneaker was the talk of alltalks between us.

I still remember when they had the full fledge layout in a certain magazine, I think it was kicks, but I'm not sure, and I got that magazine and must haveread and stared at it for weeks on end, and everytime I went inside the bathroom.

I also remember in that same magazine they had a wall of sneakers with unreleased Jordan's in different colorways.

They had all black playoff XIII's with the red piece midsole thingy instead of the usual white, and some other models too.

I think someone on here has pictures of it or something, but I know I've seen them online before.

Damn, I wished I would have known about message boards back then. I was still on AOL with the chat rooms and the free disks
laugh.gif

Dial-up
indifferent.gif

Back in those days I would find out about new sneakers through the Slam Magazine's back part with new kicks on the court.

Back
Top Bottom