What should be in EVERY sneaker review? Use polls to rate?

up a review thread for a shoe 3/6/X months after its release to get an idea as to how they hold up after time.

c) Insert ONE review aspect here: Name of shoe -- For example, "Sizing: Stealth XX's," "Cushioning: Shox Lethal," "Ankle Support: adidas Crazy8's," etc. This would only be for shoes that don't already have a review thread open for them. If you have more than one aspect of the shoe you need reviewed, you'd start a Review Request thread.

Would you prefer to see threads asking for a review of only one aspect of a shoe in the shoe forums?

Would you prefer to see threads asking you to compare Shoe A to Shoe B in the shoe forums?

How about people asking for the best (insert activity here) shoe for them? Sneaker Reviews or shoe forums?

Has anyone stuck out to you as a candidate for moderator or "Forum Guide" in this forum? It doesn't have to be someone that provides reviews.

Think of this thread as a brain storm rather than a voting booth. We'll take every idea into consideration, but it doesn't mean we'll implement every idea.

At the same time, don't hold back your idea because you don't believe there'll be enough moderation to actually enfornce new rules.

Thanks for any and all responses.

Questions or comments regarding the board, another user, or any moderating I do should be directed to my ezInbox, found in my profile, because I rarely subscribe to threads.

Question 1: I think your idea regarding question 1 is excellent. And a sneaker review archive would be beneficial to many people.

Question 2:
Quote:
Review Request: Name of shoe -- These are requests for a comprehensive review of a shoe. These threads would be locked once someone actually reviews the shoe.

Don't necessarily agree with the thread being locked after one review, considering other people may have more opinions to contribute.

Quote:
Would you prefer to see threads asking you to compare Shoe A to Shoe B in the shoe forums?

Quote:
How about people asking for the best (insert activity here) shoe for them? Sneaker Reviews or shoe forums?

Quote:
Would you prefer to see threads asking for a review of only one aspect of a shoe in the shoe forums?

I would like to see all these in the Sneaker Review Section simply because it seems that there's not enough action in here.

Question 3: I visit this forum every time I login and I think (and hope) that I help people in regards to how shoes perform. :wink:
wink.gif

Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Don't necessarily agree with the thread being locked after one review, considering other people may have more opinions to contribute.

I wouldn't be locking the review, rather the review request.

That's actually the way Professor5 was trying to organize the forum when he was a member of NT. He'd post a review, provide a link to it in the request thread(s), and then send me a PM asking me to lock the request thread(s).

I'm hoping that you won't be the only person offering up an opinion.

Questions or comments regarding the board, another user, or any moderating I do should be directed to my ezInbox, found in my profile, because I rarely subscribe to threads.

Quote:
That's actually the way Professor5 was trying to organize the forum when he was a member of NT. He'd post a review, provide a link to it in the request thread(s), and then send me a PM asking me to lock the request thread(s).

Okay now I understand. Originally I would have nominated 3Canada but he was already named a mod.

Thanks for your input.

I also think 3canada should run this forum. He gets alot of performance shoes and shows no biases. He also provides a great overview of a shoe.
Buckeye Football 2005-2006

Thanks for your input.

3Canada was initially thought of as a candidate to be a moderator because of his activity in this forum during those rare moments that I was browsing this it.

Although he has the ability to moderate in all forums, he focuses on the Nike and Sneaker Reviews forums.

The reason I mentioned the idea of a forum specific moderator is because we can never have too many qualified, trustworthy people to be moderators. This forum is small enough to allow many of you to mention candidates without getting involved in insect politics. Most of the people asking to be moderaters aren't asking so that they can take care of the Sneaker Reviews forum so that'll make it easy for me to trust the intentions of those people that stand out in this forum. Having candidates in mind will make it easier for us to ask someone to help us out when we're in need.

I may move this thread to the shoe forums so that I can get more input.

I'm hoping that we can get more use out of this forum and our diverse membership.

-Have a reviewer profile that shows what shoes that particular person likes just to get a better idea of if their 'shoe personality' fits you.

-Set up like a video game review where multiple people review the same shoe. And the shoe then has a total 'average' score.
[/center]

sorry a little off topic but where did prof 5 go? he'd be a good candidate for this job.

anyways i agree with 1 and 2...all those suggestions sound great.
"The only way to stop Steve Nash is to hope he goes home today and doesn't find a way to come to the game tomorrow." - Jalen Rose
http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=18967853<-- FINALLY, FREE IPOD NANO FOR CANADA!

Professor5 quit NT (deleted his account) a few days or so before we were going to ask him to run the forum.

Thanks for your input.

i say 3 canada is enough........

Those other guys mentioned are too much of hot heads to be put in charge of the shoe review forum.... They tend to "snap" when too many anti adidas comments are thrown around...

although i was one to accuse 3canada of being biased towards adidas shoes, he is the only person i would like to see head the shoe review section...

Too bad you guys couldnt reach out to prof k and try to bring him back so that he could be a part of the shoe review section.....

OH YEAH, one other dude that should be considered although i think hes been banned too much for you guys to put him in a high position......but besides 3canada, i would say B1LLY HOYLE
Buy My Size 11.5 & 12 Griffeys, Agassis, Crazy 8's,Iversons, Grant Hills, and Xavier Mcdaniels now!!!

I don't agree with a shoe review post being locked and archived. Once that happens, no one would be able to contribute any reviews of the shoe of their own.

I think there should be only one post for each shoe, each with very simple subject lines. Then people could use the search feature to find the shoe they're looking for. These posts could be sorted and categorized into sub-forums such as Nike, Air Jordan, adidas, Reebok, and1, New Balance.

One problem with the Sneaker Review forum is that there are many posts about specific aspects of the shoe, such as fit, sizing, best suited for me, shoe comparisons etc... I think there should be a different forum for these posts. Perhaps these could be put in a Shoe Help forum or sub-forum.

TEAMlateNIGHT
[table][tr][td]>MAKE A FORMAL APPLICATION[/td][td]OR CONTACT ME[/td][/tr][/table]​
For Sale: Flu Game, Last Shot Game, Bulls, Pistons
\n​
\n

^ thanks Kane. I'd actually be up for some sort of regular input in the forum, I've been checkin it a lot more lately after getting so inundated with rampant legit checks/what matches/price check/blah blah blah in the other forums...I also am pretty sure I've worn or am very familiar with nearly every shoe out there for most brands.

Quote:
a) Review Request: Name of shoe -- These are requests for a comprehensive review of a shoe. These threads would be locked once someone actually reviews the shoe.
Great idea so it allows people to ask for a specific shoe, but DEFINITELY don't lock the post once a review is provided. That would defeat the purpose of allowing all of our members to discuss aspects and pros/cons of the shoes among others who have also worn the shoe.

I like the 3 different format options for subjects, but I think it's impossible to ask reviewers to follow a formulaic structure that they'd abide by. Everyone likes givin an individual report but not everyone will necessarily put forth equal effort in typing out their review and covering all required aspects. (Also why you shouldn't lock a post once a review is posted, because the starter of the thread might have a question about the cushioning unit, lacing, or somethin else might come up that the reviewer didn't cover)

Overall, the forum is REAL quiet, seems to have less motion than the BHS these days. I REALLY like the grading scale idea brought up, and allowing people to give their input and then average out the scores would give a balanced review. Doing an average of 5 scoring components like fit, cushioning, support/stability, grip, weight and then other stuff like sizing, etc. would work really well. A simple 1-5 rating would be nice and easily readable in graph/table form.

Glad to see a real strong effort is bein made to revamp the forum, I know that roughly only 32% of basketball shoes bought are actually used for basketball, but the forum is IMPERATIVE to the community as a whole imo because so many people have lost sight of the function of the shoes we love so much.

Let me know if you need help or input with anything.

- Nick
[/center]

I'm sorry for the confusion. I'm not great with words, but I hope my edit and my response (quoted below) is enough to get you to understand what I meant when I stated that I'd lock the request for a review:

Quote:
I wouldn't be locking the review, rather the review request.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sneaker Reviews filled with requests for reviews (thread title would be "Request: XX"), the reviews (thread title would be "Review: XX"), and nothing else. The X shoe vs Y shoe threads could be split up into two separate review requests. Best shoe for me/specific sport threads could be locked and we could just as the person to search existing reviews.

We could help those people by placing the type of shoe (basketball, running, cross training, etc.) in the subject line. This combined with specifications for what should be included in the title would really help people find shoes on their own. Someone looking for the best running shoe for them would search for "running review."

Let me clarify that I don't expect everyone to provide a full review, but I'd like to see most posts providing any type of review to be formatted so as to make them easier to read. Reading through a thread where people providing a full or partial review would be a lot easier if they did so by copying an existing format (found in a sticky or archived thread?) and just filling in the blanks they're willing to fill in.

So, we'd still see the questions and general comments in the thread, but we'd have something like the following mixed in from people providing a review:

person's opinion here

blank

blank

person's opinion here

etc.

The way we'd get people to comply is by enabling post screening. A member of the staff (Admin', Mod', forum guide or equivalent name) would release each post. Post screening wouldn't take away much, if anything, from the forum because of how slow it is.

The only way we could get an efficient score is by enabling polls and number the selections 5 through 1 with each number representing the number of stars someone would give the shoe OVERALL.

Yeah, I like that idea too:

Quote:
Weight (of the person, not the shoe)?

The reason I like the idea of requiring the specifics in sizing and weight is because I believe cushioning is affected by the person's weight and sizing is relative. So, a shoe might have great cushioning to someone that's 5'7" 135 lbs, but be horrible to someone that's 6'7" 235 lbs.

I believe custom shoes, sneaker art, and the templates should have their own forum.

What do you guys think of starting all review threads (full review only, not single aspect reviews) as a poll?

SneakerReview.jpg

I agree, we should use polls in the Sneaker Review forum, it'd make it alot more organized and easy to view.

But, why did you make Test Board unviewable to the public? I liked lookin at what was goin on behind the scenes. :\
ohwell.gif

I need a Military Blue IV box. Get at me.
E-mail /// AIM ||| ebay \\\ Blingo

Back
Top Bottom