What sneaker made you become a Sneakerhead?

Good thread. Man it started like in 3rd grade. I wasn't collecting or anything but I started caring alot about having a nice pair of kicks. So shell toeadidas for me throught 5th grade.

6th grade the mad handles dropped (adida) joints. And ever since then it was a wrap. Having a new pair atleast once a month become a must!

9th grade I just had to knock them dead and I just started buying mad kicks! All the Mexican drug dealers always had mad heat so I just had to be in top of mygame. Shoes man I don't think I'll ever stop. You just can't be fresh without a pair of hot kicks.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Everybody in NYC was into sneakers so it would be a norm for me. I was already deeply into sneaker before I even recognized the term "sneakerhead"
laugh.gif

For me it was the OG "Hare" VII. Man I love those kicks, I think I was in 3rd grade when they dropped.

This is definately true. I wouldn't really call myself a sneakerhead, but growing up in NY kicks are just a big part of the dresscode.

jzjzf7.jpg

I remember it was winter time, either late 95 or early 96 when my cousin came down to see his mother. He was a dope dealer in VA, and he had these on. I'vealways liked shoes before then, but these made me want to step my shoe game up.

Didnt really pay attention to shoes until the 8th grade. Went to the mall on my birthday and saw the PL Carolina 1s. I thought they were AF1s at the time. (lolthe irony) Wore em to school the next day and its been a nightmare ever since

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Everybody in NYC was into sneakers so it would be a norm for me. I was already deeply into sneaker before I even recognized the term "sneakerhead"
laugh.gif

For me it was the OG "Hare" VII. Man I love those kicks, I think I was in 3rd grade when they dropped.

This is definately true. I wouldn't really call myself a sneakerhead, but growing up in NY kicks are just a big part of the dresscode.
Basically....i would never refer to myself as a "sneakerhead"....it's just part of my culture to love kicks.

just a couple would have to be wht/cement aj4.... air max 95 crystal blue.... nike air go(tim hardaways)..air flight one(original penny shoe)...also airup's

Concord 11's..... Saw an add just showing the bottom of them and was like
eek.gif
.. Then saw the rest of it a couple days later and was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

That was in '95 but I was only 4-5 so I didn't start buying sneakers til like '03 but that's what started it all.

the military iv. i was just looking around for a pair of shoes, and that's when i spotted them on ebay. awesome shoe, mine look horrible now and still oneof my favorite shoes to wear.

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Started to gain interest in '89.

Then this happened.......

10giixt.jpg

Bought them brand new from Foot Locker.

The rest is history.
Never had 'em, but wanted 'em. The folks didn't think it was fair w/ my poor grades to be gettin' nice kicks like this. Doesn't matter now, I make the money.

nike air BARRAGE black/white CW..marshall faulks (sp?)...had them when they first came out ...still in the hunt for for them again..

For me it was all white shell toe Adidas back in '84 with New Yorkers (Fat Laces)
I wasn't really a "sneakerhead" it's just all the B-Boys always rocked fresh sneaks. I remember changing different color laces every few daysbecause so many people rocked them it was the only way to keep them different.

The Air Jordan IV.

I saw the Military's back in '06 when I was looking for a pair of bball shoes and I fell in love. I bought a pair later on, but they got beat so easilyI sold them and now have no IV's. The III has become my favorite now

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

laugh.gif

Basically....i would never refer to myself as a "sneakerhead"....it's just part of my culture to love kicks.
I agree with all of these.

There wasn't a specific shoe that drew me into sneakers but Air Max 95s in general did it for me. Those and Air Max Pluses were my two favorites whilegrowing up but now the Air Max 95 kinda stands alone at the top now for me.

Air Flight 89. White with Carolina Blue trimming, got it when I was in 8th grade.
Similar to this but instead of Navy Blue it was Carolina. I miss those shoes.
frown.gif

15793141_w.jpg

These, from here just started playing ball. Already knew who MJ was and i begun to look at Air Jordans and boom... Hooked. Still consider these as my favoritekicks from my closet tho..
2ypg5zp.jpg

omg seeing these t-mac 2s and iversons and the mention of AIR KUKINIS!
bringing back memories... i remember i rocked the all black t-mac 2s EVERYDAY and balled in them for 2 years. later realized playing ball outdoors in 90 degreeweather everyday burns your feet. lol.

Og Atlantic penny ii easily my favorite shoe I have ever owned

Kept me going:
Jordan xi (Everything from sj to cg to bred to concord to citrus low wmns)
Air max 95
Jordan Iv 99bred and cement
01 tb3
Air Pippen 1
Griffey max 1
pink/silver box sb
grape v

Back
Top Bottom