What sneaker made you become a Sneakerhead?

Air Force 180 high.

I couldn't cover all the cost myself, and folks said NO.

So had to settle for the White/Crimson 180 low.

My first pair of Js that I acutally bought for myself were:
aj15_obs_wht_5.jpg

But the shoes that made me I guess start to get interested in shoes were these two:
aj11_gry_5.jpg

and
aj14_blk_red_5.jpg

They were hand-me downs from my older brother. The XIVs were still in wearable condition. The XIs were not bad either, just the sole became extremely yellow tothe point it turned brown. I just used them to play outside in, but I would just sit and inspect every single detail in the shoe. Don't have them anymoresince my mom forced me to throw them away, but this was it.

d44151eb982d43de8143ba48356a95fd095bd87.jpg

2001 retro 3's.back when i was in 6th grade wore them til it had a whole on the side.
roll.gif
still on the hunt for a DS pair in my sz now.

Ok, at the risk of dating myself, here goes...

I really wanted the Skyforce High but my parents thought $50 for a pair of sneakers was way too much at the time. So I ended up with the Skyforce 3/4 then theConventions that follow.

Skyforce High:

Skyforce 3/4:

These are the actual first 2 pairs of Nike high tops I ever got. I still have them in my collection with their original boxes.

Convention High:

A friend of mine had the Legend and I wanted them bad too. Been into Nike pretty much ever since. I have nearly every pair I ever got going back 25 years!

Legend:

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Everybody in NYC was into sneakers so it would be a norm for me. I was already deeply into sneaker before I even recognized the term "sneakerhead"
laugh.gif

For me it was the OG "Hare" VII. Man I love those kicks, I think I was in 3rd grade when they dropped.

This is definately true. I wouldn't really call myself a sneakerhead, but growing up in NY kicks are just a big part of the dresscode.
Basically....i would never refer to myself as a "sneakerhead"....it's just part of my culture to love kicks.

4x

Sneakers have always been an integral part of urban culture in NYC. Especially if you play basketball.

Til this day I will never consider myself a "sneakerhead". I'm just a product of my environment I guess...

And dude that posted that youtube vid from Juice is right on the money. That scene was EPIC. Every drug dealer back then had that same rotation, lol. The firstsneakers that caught my attention were the original Air max BW's, Puma Cage, Reebok Blacktop Pumps, Ewings, Puma Disc Blaze (that no-shoe lace tech hadeverybody like
eek.gif
), Derrick Coleman British Knights and even those LA Gearswith the lights on the side
laugh.gif

But this is what did it for me...

I couldn't afford them when they first came out, but after my boy put me onto eBay back in 2005 and I found an og pair in my size... Sherlock Foams wasborn!
pimp.gif

Yeezys!!!

Ok no.

Actually it was the Nikes that the good guy stole from the store at the start of the first terminator movie...

some girl put me on to ebay back in like 99.....it was a wrap!
laugh.gif

....and there was no paypal so MO's were the only method outside of straight cash
smh.gif

Has got to be this --> Saw this Picture in Photobucket and its not minethough.

anyway it was the year 2005 then. I was only 10 then when I saw this shoe..its like OMG! I gotta buy this!

I dont really remember, but it was a pair of AF1. I just remeber how I really wanted them.

Originally Posted by Wade187

My parents divorced when I was like 2 and even as a baby my mom liked me to look good so I was always into kicks I guess. But since my parents were divorced I didn't see my dad much so everytime I did see him he would buy me a new pair of shoes or if he couldnt come see me he would send me a pair. I always wanted toys instead, but he always said I was to old for toys. So I would throw on the shoes as soon as I got them and just drag my feet in dirt, jump in puddles. scrape them against the sidewalk. Basically anything to mess them up. But then around the time I was 8 my mom bought me a pair of laney XIV's and they just looked so cool to me. But what really made me appreciate them was the smell of the suede or nubuck or whatever I'll never forget that. I actually bought a pair a couple years ago and they still have a smell that's so different from other sneakers. Ever since then though I sort of fell in love with sneakers
A pic I found on google
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Similar to my story man, mom n pops divorced when I was 4, so he used to buy me clothes toys and shoes when he didnt see me. I remember one time he bought me,my lil bro and himself these and we all went to the mall wit these on. All the ladies was sayin how cute me n my lil bro was wit these on, I felt like a pimpthat day lol. This was long before me carin about sneakers, I liked how they look but i was just a kid so it nvr crossed my mind about asking for a pair.

Appreciate all the replies in this thread, read everyones story so far, I thought i would get alot of stonefaces and lock this up comments, lets keep thisgoin....

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Everybody in NYC was into sneakers so it would be a norm for me. I was already deeply into sneaker before I even recognized the term "sneakerhead"
laugh.gif

For me it was the OG "Hare" VII. Man I love those kicks, I think I was in 3rd grade when they dropped.

This is definately true. I wouldn't really call myself a sneakerhead, but growing up in NY kicks are just a big part of the dresscode.
Basically....i would never refer to myself as a "sneakerhead"....it's just part of my culture to love kicks.

4x

Sneakers have always been an integral part of urban culture in NYC. Especially if you play basketball.

Til this day I will never consider myself a "sneakerhead". I'm just a product of my environment I guess...

And dude that posted that youtube vid from Juice is right on the money. That scene was EPIC. Every drug dealer back then had that same rotation, lol. The first sneakers that caught my attention were the original Air max BW's, Puma Cage, Reebok Blacktop Pumps, Ewings, Puma Disc Blaze (that no-shoe lace tech had everybody like
eek.gif
), Derrick Coleman British Knights and even those LA Gears with the lights on the side
laugh.gif

But this is what did it for me...

I couldn't afford them when they first came out, but after my boy put me onto eBay back in 2005 and I found an og pair in my size... Sherlock Foams was born!
pimp.gif

^ foamposite does that to people dude...
smile.gif

Props to OP, great thread. I started this year actually when i waited in the cold in line on a sat morning for these..

0233675c42a09f01e2ea75b6f8d8551b43b9d47f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom