What Tap Water Looks Like

What I'm saying is that I actually actively boil my water once I get it from the tap.

Takes no more than 10mins.

I do occasionally buy bottled water, like when I'm out and about and thirsty. Obviously then, I have no choice. But if I am home, I drink tap water, after boiling it first of course.

Just seems more expensive boiling than to just spend $2-$5 bucks on a case 1 pint bottles and toss them in the fridge.

Possibly, though I don't view it that way.

10mins of electricity to boil my water amounts to a few cents on the dollar. Furthermore, I'd like to think that my methods are the more conscious of the two options, especially in light of the fact that plastics are increasingly becoming an environmental nightmare simply because they aren't biodegradable.

I'm sure there are millions of American who recycle; just as well, I wouldn't be surprised to discover that millions more don't even bother. Really though, what it boils down to is me finding it counter intuitive to spend money on something I can get for free. I'm sure pure oxygen is great, but I'd rather not pay for the luxury when I have all the air I can breathe for free, feel me? That $2-$5 adds up in the long run... :lol:

that dude in the video is just dirty. Can't believe you guys fall for this bottle water scam. where the hell do you think aquafina, dasani, or whatever gets their water?

I actually have a water filter system that DOES remove the poison flouride.

I figured a filter wouldn't get everything, but if there's something that does, share the wealth.

What I'm saying is that I actually actively boil my water once I get it from the tap.

Takes no more than 10mins.

I do occasionally buy bottled water, like when I'm out and about and thirsty. Obviously then, I have no choice. But if I am home, I drink tap water, after boiling it first of course.

Just seems more expensive boiling than to just spend $2-$5 bucks on a case 1 pint bottles and toss them in the fridge.

Wouldn't it be more expensive to buy bottled water? How much energy does it take to run an electric kettle? I drink a lot of water. I can go through a flat of 24 bottles of water pretty easily. Which is like $10-$15 where I live.

I don't boil water though. I use a filter. Had it for years. All I have to do is change the filter inside the pitcher when it needs to be replaced.

NYC tap is great. People give me the scrunch face at work when i drink tap. In my head im like wow sheep love to believe opinions over facts.

Oxygen bars are the next wave that will beat the sheeps over the head.

some of you guys are so naive thinking that your bottled water is really coming from some spring deep in the forest.

i stopped drinking bottled water a while ago, mostly because all of the plastic used to package it ends up POLLUTING OUR WATER! (kind of ironic, isn't it?)

An excerpt from a piece I read a while back on a new "luxury" bottled water being priced at an average of $55. Good read imo.

Bottled water has become so popular that 41 billion gallons are consumed every year around the world. Many people consider it safe and convenient.

Over the past few years, however, many bottled water companies labeling their product as "purified" or "natural spring water" have confessed to filling their products with simple tap water. In July 2007, for instance, Pepsi admitted to filling bottles of Aquafina with public water, even though the packaging suggests the water comes from natural springs [source: Environmental Working Group].

Recent studies have concluded that bottled water is no safer than tap water, and the costs of producing the drink and its effect on the environment have caused some alarm [source: National Geographic News].

To understand how expensive regular bottled water is, let's compare it with gasoline. With the price of oil rising, we typically think of gasoline as very expensive. On the other hand, some of us will barely blink an eye at picking up a few bottles of water from the same gas station. Here are the numbers:
A gallon of gas costs around $3. If we assume a one-liter bottle of water from the store costs about $2.50, a gallon of the same bottled water should cost about $10. Water, life's most necessary substance, costs about three times more than gasoline when it comes in a plastic bottle. If you wanted to fill up a car's 15-gallon tank with gasoline, it would cost you about $45. If you wanted to fill up that same 15-gallon tank with bottled water, it would cost you $150 [source: National Geographic News].

Tap water, on the other hand, costs a fraction of the price of bottled water. The same $2 you spend on a liter of bottled water will get you about 1,000 gallons of tap water [source: EPA].

http://money.howstuffworks.com/bling-water1.htm

my tap water is perfectly fine. i still stick a filter and routinely change it. heck, i even do the boiling.

isnt epa regulations (tap) much stricter than the fda (bottled)?

Last edited:
Old school, fill up the kettle and boil that thing until it whistles to the point where it annoys the living hell out of everyone within a 3-house radius. Even with that, boiled tap stays better than drinking bottled water at home. That article SuperAntigen posted with the relative price comparison to gasoline provides a good perspective on how the bottled water market has been taken advantage of. I don't understand how dropping $3-4 for a Figi and all that other classed-up water in a glass jar is justified. C'mon man...:smh:

As for the fluoride in tap, sure, boiling it isn't going to kill it all. Then again, do you brush your teeth? I've seen organic toothpaste but not sure how many people use organic toothpaste to avoid ingesting fluoride. I just can't commit to drinking tap water. If it's the same water that enters your toilet, you think the gov is going to waste resources on "drinkable" water that's meant to be flushed down with your piss and dookie? :nerd::rolleyes

Tap tastes very different than before and after boiling it. You can spit all that about building that Wolverine immune system from drinking tap but when it's something you're consuming all day, urrday as a daily source of sustenance? Naw, that fluoride isn't entering your system in moderation. Just make sure you visit your physician every year to make sure your guts aren't

Mine comes from my own well and is perfectly clean. Then my neighbors looks just like this and smells like eggs. 

I've read that Philly has one of the best tap water filtration plants in the country. Not sure what that actually means but I drink it all the time and am rarely ever sick so I'm gonna keep doing it. Besides, our ancestors prolly drank water that was 100x dirtier than this and they still kept the evolution train moving so I think we'll be fine.

Exactlyyyyy...

I figured a filter wouldn't get everything, but if there's something that does, share the wealth.

Ok, here you go.

https://propurusa.com/

This is the most inexpensive way to filter your water. I have the traveler because there's only
two living at my house and you only need one regular filter and one flouride filter to make it
run. If you have more than three people in your residence you should probably go with one
of the bigger units. To totally purify your water, you need to buy the flouride filter piggyback unit
which is an extra $40. The crap in our tap water ( in every state ) is the reason everyone is so
complacent now and accepting this false reality that we live in. YES, the tap water makes you
stupid because you are ingesting poison, urine and feces

Back
Top Bottom