What to do when the one you've been scouting for quite a while gets snatched up?

What's up NT fam. Been an NT vet since 02 and I've never made a post in general but y'all are my favorite source of entertainment. I'm in a predicament where I need to ask for subjective opinions because ninja turtles can't give me any useful advice. I work with a girl that's 5 years older than me and I've worked with her for 2 years. I've passed on opportunities to pounce on her because I didn't want to mix that up with work and make it awkward but she has given me signs for quite a while at work and outside of it. The knuckle curveball here is that she recently got with a guy and it seems like the door has slammed on this. I'm not the type to give up so easily but at the same time, ive always had the integrity to try and never swipe another persons draft pick from them when they've been taken since I hate being that !%!%#*! because I'm a believer in karma and would never want to have another person do the same to me. I come to you NT fam asking for your honest opinion as to how you would approach this situation or what your past experiences with situations like these were like and how they played out. Any advice is always appreciated.Peace to all and many thanks to all of y'all. 

Chalk it up as a learning experience....you had a chance and messed up. YOU gotta move on. If yall are meant to be, that time will come. No need to dwell on the one that got away. Live your life.

never mix a relationship with a co-worker, a job is not worth losing in this economy
move on and get with another girl, there's millions of females out in the world
there's no need to stress/worry/think about one girl if it's someone you work with

2 years tho? Damn bro, you loafed. As stated, chalk it up, you need to find another joint to get your mind off of her.

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

2 years tho? Damn bro, you loafed. As stated, chalk it up, you need to find another joint to get your mind off of her.
and

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

you had your chance...

This. How you going to get salty after she's been throwing the box at you for two years? I think you only want her because she's taken now and you can't have her.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Chalk it up as a learning experience....you had a chance and messed up. YOU gotta move on. If yall are meant to be, that time will come. No need to dwell on the one that got away. Live your life.
yep

be mad for a lil while and then realize theres nothing i can do about so whys it matter

02 vet
pimp.gif

Get at other girls. I wouldn't say its over for this one but you need to redirect your focus elsewhere for a bit instead of gazing at her and daydreaming. Thats getting you nowhere. And I don't recommend smashing coworkers. It gets ugly.

i've learned in my time on NT that there are more debbie-downers than positive-polly's when it comes to giving advice.

When they tell you, that you messed up, you had your chance and blah blah blah there not really helping %+%@.

Here's what I would do...try and think long-term, big picture...could getting with this girl eventually cause me to lose my job...is it worth it?

How strong are my feelings for this girl, how strong are her feelings for me and her current man?

Now it is @#!%@% to just scoop up a girl from another guy, but there is nothing wrong with showing her your interested. You can either splurge all your feeling over her, scare her/entice her and see where it goes from there or you can play a Jim Halpert, date around and see where this thing goes in the future.

I had a similar situation a year back with a colleague, she was sending mixed signals...I couldn't interpret them so I left it alone and now she's with some straight out of Russia fabio looking !##!%!$!$%%#. Me and her are still cool as hell and if in the future we both connect then I wouldn't mind...but i'm not gonna wait for her %!@.

There's no point in dwelling. Learn the lesson and try not to make the same mistake again later on in life.

You can't change the past but you can write the future.

You had two years, there's no one you can blame but yourself.

If it helps, think of it this way: There was something holding you back from bagging her during those two years. If that same thing hasn't changed, then your opinion of her and being with her shouldn't change either. You're letting outsiders to the situation influence how you think, and you shouldn't want that.

Back
Top Bottom