What was life like in the 90s? Vol. Old heads chime in

Yea they was different. I heard those Dream Team practices were no joke. It would just turn into the world’s greatest pick up game.

Dudes are just soft now, I don't want to hear excuses.

It's still a team of NBA Superstars and All-Stars against teams with 2-3 NBA players and like 8 guys not good enough to make the league.

Next we'll hear about the rules in FIBA play. :lol:

I haven seen or heard the name Dr. Quinn in so long. Her name used to pop up in jokes all the time. “Who you think you are? Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman?” :lol:

True but I don't think, in general, the players have the same drive or motivation
that they used to. More easy come, easy go - too cool to show.

Yea, I don't know about that honesty.

THere is no way to measure it though so it will always be a generational debate.

Exactly. As much as I loved the team, I get so tired of people bringing up the dream team and how they didn't lose. Basketball was not as popular in those countries back then. Look at all the global players in the league now vs back then.

Dudes are just soft now, I don't want to hear excuses.

It's still a team of NBA Superstars and All-Stars against teams with 2-3 NBA players and like 8 guys not good enough to make the league.

Next we'll hear about the rules in FIBA play. :lol:
That is the case now, But this wasn't the case in 92 and 96 though.

The gap in talent between USA vs. the World was much larger in the 90s than it is today.

That's why it isn't a fair comparison at all.

Also, international teams today have a level of chemistry that our teams don't have.

That is the case now, But this wasn't the case in 92 and 96 though.

The gap in talent between USA vs. the World was much larger in the 90s than it is today.

That's why it isn't a fair comparison at all.

Also, international teams today have a level of chemistry that our teams don't have.

in your opinion, what allowed the international competition improved more/better their game than america

in your opinion, what allowed the international competition improved more/better their game than america
Well, they had a lower baseline so they had more room for improvement than Americans.

But
The Popularity of Dream Team 1. (ANd the NBA)
More people around the world simply playing basketball.
More people around the world liking to play basketball.
The internet, YouTube, NBA League Pass. (People having access to watch MORE basketball)
American coaches going abroad for coaching/training jobs.

There are more minor reasons but these are the main ones.

Last edited:
90s as hell.

1632413268421.png

Another thing that I miss about the 90s would be Regional Differences in EVERYTHING.

The internet made the world smaller. It exposed different pockets of the world to the rest of the world.
Back then, DC Dudes dressed differently than dudes from HOU.
Dudes from MEM rapped differently than dudes from OAK.
Ball players from NY played differently than dudes from CHI.
Wrestlers from Japan wrestled differently than Canadians.

Now, EVERYTHING is one big Hybrid. Fashion, Music, Athletics, Accents.

Regional differences are not what they used to be. I won't say they are completely dead but the world is definitely smaller now.

Things had more "mystic" back then. I miss that
This hit home. Back in the day I could tell if you were from Jersey, New York, Phili, dc, or bmore before you spoke a word. What you wore actually represented who you were. Today, everyone wears the same dress code uniform from tic too or Instagram.

Think kids are just different now. If someone came to mess with me they’d have about 8-9 other kids to deal with. Now I think their friends would just record the abduction to post online for views. *OMG look what happened to ME today! And top 5 ab workouts*
This made me laugh. I used I hangout outside with about 8-10 other kids since I grew up in an apartment complex. Sometime in the Early 90s, bc I was in 1st or second grade. Anyways we’re outside and a cop pulls up and said we should go inside because some guy tried to snatch a kid and he’s still in the area.

we all looked at each other and was like hell nah! We’re about to go find him 😂. We searched and searched and even talked about how we Would jump him if he tried to snatch one of us. Group got huge too because we would tell other kids what we heard and they would join us. Good times!

fb went from a site you used to try and hook up with people in your college to a place that spreads maga antivaxx trash and gets controlled by russian bots.

The fact that so many people live for internet fame now is borderline sickening. Nothing can just be enjoyed, it has to be filmed. I can't act holier than thou bc I've done it too, but l miss how simple things used to be.

Back
Top Bottom