What was life like in the 90s? Vol. Old heads chime in

90’s was the last decade you could be blatantly ignorant on a topic and not even know it. There was no Google to search for information. We are all so much better informed now it’s insane to consider sometimes.

90’s was the last decade you could be blatantly ignorant on a topic and not even know it. There was no Google to search for information. We are all so much better informed now it’s insane to consider sometimes.
We’d like to feel that way, at least.

This isn’t true. In the 90’s if you didn’t know you just kept your mouth shut. Now, everyone reads a single headline and feel like they’ve earned a degree on the subject. Got idiots on NT thinking 5G is killing people :lol:

Last edited:
Anxiety is also at an all-time high

I believe information overload is real

Anxiety is also at an all-time high

I believe information overload is real
I don’t think it’s info overload, but more so the inability to correctly process the BS from truth. We’ve got whole generations of people thinking the African prince WILL send you money in a month :lol: . North America is one of the dumbest of the world powers and this is all bringing it to light

This isn’t true. In the 90’s if you didn’t know you just kept your mouth shut. Now, everyone reads a single headline and feel like they’ve earned a degree on the subject. Got idiots on NT thinking 5G is killing people :lol:
I disagree because I remember a lot of discussions about drugs, music, and sex in High School with my friends that was completely wrong.

Conspiracy nuts are completely ignorant, because the choose to ignore facts because they don’t trust the source. In the 90’s if you didn’t know somebody you couldn’t even fathom the truth on simple stuff.

Yasmeen bleeth :lol: just don’t Google her now it’s a boner killer :lol:
0EB82B80-1806-48B8-A7B1-B3E763F8BCCD.jpeg

Life in the 90's? The month of March wasn't just spring break. It was MTV Spring Break. Depending on your age, it meant no school, no responsibility (except making sure you thawed out that chicken Mom told you to take out of the freezer for dinner later). Put a blank tape in the VCR (google it), and hope you catch something from that week worth "revisiting" at a later date.

Eastbay catalogue were always the ****. For any skaters out there that ccs catalog was just as exciting. Ordering **** over the phone or filling out an order sheet and mailing it in. :lol:
I completely forgot about those little catalogs. Lol pay with money order

I remember one of my HS teachers specifically told us not to use Wikipedia to do a report. Immediately piqued my interest since I had no idea what Wikipedia was. Ended up using it to do the whole thing and got an A.

Discovered Spark Notes for English class a little before that. Very handy for that Shakespeare mess.

Life in the 90's? The month of March wasn't just spring break. It was MTV Spring Break. Depending on your age, it meant no school, no responsibility (except making sure you thawed out that chicken Mom told you to take out of the freezer for dinner later). Put a blank tape in the VCR (google it), and hope you catch something from that week worth "revisiting" at a later date.
LOL, TRUTH. At age 7 I knew I had to go to spring break when I was old enough. I made that dream happen

Maannn. As soon as I walked in...straight to the magazines and post up until moms walked buy with a cart full of groceries. Discovering the biker mags had ******* in them. :pimp:
This was me back in the middle school - early HS days. I was always looking at those Import Tuner mags with the hot models on the cover. Also took out some foldout posters and sports cards from mags in those days I didn't buy, not proud of it...

Back
Top Bottom