What was the last great hip-hop album released?

20071116NLUPE_450a.jpg

IMO, NOTHING has come close to this album since it dropped. There have been a few OK albums here and there but most of them lost their replay value after a few weeks or so. This album though
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
The Cool is a personal classic for me and it's actually the last album I actually went out and purchased. I guess many people would say Nas' Untitled, but I can't relate to that album at all so it's not really up there for me (still respect what he was doing with it though).

For me, Roc Marciano's Marcberg was the last hip hop album I picked up that I could play straight through

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

You really gon make this thread today?

Right?
laugh.gif
A great one dropped last night.
So an album becomes great overnight? I thought an album had to stand the test of time to be considered great
grin.gif

An album stands the test of time to be a classic. I dont know if 'great' means 'classic' to you, but they're 2 different things in my eyes. And of course, it's all subjective anyways.

I just cant believe you havent considered another album classic since The Cool.

An album stands the test of time to be a classic. I dont know if 'great' means 'classic' to you, but they're 2 different things in my eyes. And of course, it's all subjective anyways.

I agree, that's why I said personal classic. Any suggestions though (besides Kanye)? I'm open to anything I might have missed or disregarded (no sarcasm).

I havent listened to anything but WTT since it dropped, yeap great/classic over night come at me bro

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

I agree, that's why I said personal classic. Any suggestions though (besides Kanye)? I'm open to anything I might have missed or disregarded (no sarcasm).
My other favorite rap albums from this year were Black Up by Shabazz Palaces and Elmatic by Elzhi.

Originally Posted by twozerosix

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
At WTT being a classic. I'd say OB4CL2.
I forgot about OB4CL2. Not really my cup of tea (I'm more of a Method Man/Ghost guy) but I can see why this could be one of them. The posse cuts on this album
sick.gif
pimp.gif
and Gihad
eek.gif
roll.gif

I love WTT played through it at least 3 times. Only song I don't like is the first track, and the one with Swizz (only because I just don't like that dude)
But honestly MBDTF...never skipped a song on that album.

No Consideration for Thank Me Later? Classic album, it has literally 14 singles/great tracks on there....and Take Care will give the title of "Album of the year" a run for its running, you can bet that.

Back
Top Bottom