What was the last ICONIC beat in hip-hop? Something that will be bumped 15/20 years from now...

Sitting here watching MNF, and they dropped this beat in the intros:

Joint dropped in 1993 and it STILL goes hard.  This is a beat that is synonymous with hip-hop. The word "classic" gets dropped in the music forum way too much...no, we're not gonna hear !@$@ like "Get em' Daddy" years down the road, so let's get real...what is the most recent beat that you can think of that will have that "iconic" status much like Hip-Hop Hooray?

FWIW, NbN has a ridiculous catalog and if you're not familiar, do yourself and your ears a favor....

'Grindin' though relatively new, is one of the most popular beats in history. Evreyone plays this beat with their hands at some point in their life.

In terms of being played 15 - 20 years from now, it's gotta be something by Kanye. Probably Amazing or one of his more radio friendly joints. They already used it in the NBA ads.

-Grindin' was a HUGE fan favorite, definitely going down in hip hop history.

-A Milli is probably going to be seen as a classic in the eyes of today's youth in the next 10 years.

-Exhibit C was epic as well (on an underground/mixtape/blog song level, of course).

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

In terms of being played 15 - 20 years from now, it's gotta be something by Kanye. Probably Amazing or one of his more radio friendly joints. They already used it in the NBA ads.

To be fair, the NBA also used that Jamie Foxx/Justin Timberlake joint (can't remember the name)....I dunno how relevant "Amazing" is going to be in the grand scheme of things when looking back. 

*GREAT call on Still Dre....when that first chord is struck, you know...
pimp.gif

I dont care what anyone says, that scene in training day when still dre comes on
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

Of course all of the college dropouts are going to come in here with that Kanye %@%@.

But naw.

bro...nobody is even asking questions conducive to anyone being negative, yet you MUST come in here and hate. you didn't even answer the question..
and to answer the question it'll probably be somethin from Kanye...probably Power or something.

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

Of course all of the college dropouts are going to come in here with that Kanye %@%@.

But naw.

OH MY GOD...
LOG OFF.

You need to catch a ban ASAP. 

"Grindin'" or "Still D.R.E."

Whichever one came out second is the last one.

Pretty sure "Grindin'" came out second.

"Grindin'" changed my life (dead serious).

You know what, I've been arguing against 50 all day, but I won't deny this record/beat:

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

-Grindin' was a HUGE fan favorite, definitely going down in hip hop history.

-A Milli is probably going to be seen as a classic in the eyes of today's youth in the next 10 years.

-Exhibit C was epic as well (on an underground/mixtape/blog song level, of course).

Stole all my thunder

Grindin' /thread.
$$$ dropped in 2002 during the end of spring/beginning off summer and caused a lot of cats to go back to the drawing board.

I feel like All of the Lights is a classic. The remix still gets bumped weekly

I respectfully disagree, Grindn isn't iconic to me.

Is it the simplicity that makes it a good candidate or what?

Back
Top Bottom