What was the last ICONIC beat in hip-hop? Something that will be bumped 15/20 years from now...

No question Still D.R.E
pimp.gif

[h3] Something that will be bumped 15/20 years from now... [/h3]
Iconic- In Da Club
Fan favorite- Grindin
Replay friendly- On My Block/Empire State Of Mind/Runaway
Most memorable- Still DRE

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

Of course all of the college dropouts are going to come in here with that Kanye %@%@.

But naw.

OH MY GOD...
LOG OFF.

You need to catch a ban ASAP. 

roll.gif
roll.gif

Y'all seen the car commercial playing "Heart Of The City" ?

That beat is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But my basis for that answer is my ears. It's not because some guy told me college isn't the one.

But I don't understand this question.

"Something that will be bumped 15/20 years from now..."

?

+$! does that mean?

I don't know how y'all college dropouts do, but N's around my way ain't slappin' instrumentals.

I think the proper question might be "which instrumental will rappers still be flowing on 15-20 years from now?"

You know how J. Cole killed this beat?

Is that what your question is?

That beat is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But my basis for that answer is my ears. It's not because some guy told me college isn't the one.

?

+$! does that mean?

I don't know how y'all college dropouts do, but N's around my way ain't slappin' instrumentals.

I think the proper question might be "which instrumental will rappers still be flowing on 15-20 years from now?"

Any Kanye beat is better than that, and do you even know who produced Heart of the City

How do you NOT understand the question?
laugh.gif
Didn't think it was possible for it to go over someone's head...
30t6p3b.gif

It's as simple as it gets...what was the last major iconic beat in hip-hop? Get out of here w. the J.Cole mess...
laugh.gif

*Would some of you put "Grindin'" on the same level as "Shook Ones?"

Originally Posted by Mags on fire

That beat is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

?

+$! does that mean?

Any Kanye beat is better than that, and do you even know who produced Heart of the City

indifferent.gif

How do y'all call me a "Stan" and a "troll" and let these other cats slide? Because they also believe in the "College Dropout Lifetime Pass" ??

Any Kanye beat is better than "93 Til' Infinity" ?
roll.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Power ..

almost forgot Diamonds too

And on a street level ..

Nothing may surpass trap or die ...

NOTHING

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

It's as simple as it gets...what was the last major iconic beat in hip-hop? Get out of here w. the J.Cole mess...
laugh.gif

The part where you say "will be bumped in 15-20 years from now" is what's confusing.

You act like N's be bumpin' instrumentals.

People play Illmatic, Ready To Die, and Life After Death to this day. Does that mean those beats are iconic?

That's why I brought up that Cole freestyle. That be was probably 15-16 years old when Cole flowed on it. Thus, my question was "do you mean instrumentals that N's will be recording new raps over in 2 decades?"

Because "still bumped 15-20 years from now" doesn't mean %*%@. And people I know don't ride around bumpin' instrumentals.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

The part where you say "will be bumped in 15-20 years from now" is what's confusing.

You act like N's be bumpin' instrumentals.

People play Illmatic, Ready To Die, and Life After Death to this day. Does that mean those beats are iconic?

That's why I brought up that Cole freestyle. That be was probably 15-16 years old when Cole flowed on it. Thus, my question was "do you mean instrumentals that N's will be recording new raps over in 2 decades?"

Because "still bumped 15-20 years from now" doesn't mean %*%@. And people I know don't ride around bumpin' instrumentals.
laugh.gif

What does the word ICONIC mean to you? 

Funny how you're the only person confused. 

TI's "What you know about that "

Sheer Epicness

Camrons "Killa Cam" .. "Oh boy"

Why hasn't this Cole World character fallen off the face of the planet yet?

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Arguably the best thing 'Ye has ever made as far as I'm concerned.
One of the best introsever and an amazing beat,classic
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yo, J. Cole killed that ^^^^^ beat. I'll post the video for y'all later.And that ni**a didn't drop out of college (no gimmick needed).

A lot of this isn't iconic. They're huge songs that will be around for years, but not at a truly iconic status. Like people will still bump "Still D.R.E." till the end of time, and it'll probably be used in a movie or two within the next ten years. But right now it's not iconic or anything. "Power" is a great sports song, but it has a ways to go before being considered iconic.

Iconic is being used in sports and movie montages, commercials, and/or general theme music fairly regularly; and being instantly recognizable to the general public.

"Grindin'" is probably close. A lot of people will recognize that beat but not even know the song.

Back
Top Bottom