What was your starting salary/wage straight out of college? vol. realistic

Major: Marketing
Starting Salary: 0

frown.gif

Man i wish i woulda stayed in school. I make 25k before taxes
frown.gif
... Hopefully i can go back to school soon. As soon as my wife finishes up imma be back in the books.

Graduated with an MBA (5th year of college) in 2008, started at about $50k working for the govt. DC area.

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy

I love threads like this...
Same here, keeps me driven. Hell, I'll be happy to even make 35k a year after college. You can live pretty comfortable in the bay making thatmuch ($850/1br/rent+$150/bills=$1000x12=$12,000). That's $27,000 for other expenses and everything else.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Same here, keeps me driven. Hell, I'll be happy to even make 35k a year after college. You can live pretty comfortable in the bay making that much ($850/1br/rent+$150/bills=$1000x12=$12,000). That's $27,000 for other expenses and everything else.
grin.gif
Bills alone will be a little more than that. phone/computer/tv is around 150 alone for me.

^add your gas/energy bill
student loans (if you have some)
food
transportation (gas, car insurance, public transportation)

graduated in june... now make $15 an hr

smh.gif

it was the best that was out there... damn recession. i'm bout to go back to school though

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Same here, keeps me driven. Hell, I'll be happy to even make 35k a year after college. You can live pretty comfortable in the bay making that much ($850/1br/rent+$150/bills=$1000x12=$12,000). That's $27,000 for other expenses and everything else.
grin.gif
Bills alone will be a little more than that. phone/computer/tv is around 150 alone for me.
Basic cable is only $50 a month, energy bill is only $35 for me, At&t internet is only $22 a month.

Groceries are $75 a month at most, student loans are aroung adjustable, but I'm expecting to pay around 4,000 a year. That's around $330+/month whichis not to bad. I still think I can manage.
grin.gif

s1eepyboy wrote:

Same here, keeps me driven. Hell, I'll be happy to even make 35k a year after college. You can live pretty comfortable in the bay making that
much ($850/1br/rent+$150/bills=$1000x12=$12,000). That's $27,000 for other expenses and everything else.
grin.gif

did you forget about taxes?

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

s1eepyboy wrote:

Same here, keeps me driven. Hell, I'll be happy to even make 35k a year after college. You can live pretty comfortable in the bay making that
much ($850/1br/rent+$150/bills=$1000x12=$12,000). That's $27,000 for other expenses and everything else.
grin.gif

laugh.gif
and his math means he would be taking home 39k. So You would have to make ~52k?

Originally Posted by CjMoney

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

s1eepyboy wrote:

grin.gif

laugh.gif
and his math means he would be taking home 39k. So You would have to make ~52k?
28,000(after taxes)-12,000/rent+bills=16,000, yeah mybad, but it's still more than enough to live comfortable even if I include the studentloans and transportation ($70/month for bus/train fastpass).

The question is how many of you guys are doing what you have a passion, and in your job for the $$$ only?

Major: Finance
Im in my first year of work right now
Base Salary: 60k
Signing Bonus: 8k
End of Year Bonus: Between 20-30k depending on performance
My official title is "Investment Banking Analyst"

grin.gif

um not to burst your bubble ... but taxes, medicare, health benefits, 401k, student loans if you have, social security ... live at home if you can if youregonna be making 35k ... you'll b better off for it ... trust

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

grin.gif

um not to burst your bubble ... but taxes, medicare, health benefits, 401k, student loans if you have, social security ... live at home if you can if youre gonna be making 35k ... you'll b better off for it ... trust
This. Taxes will take out roughly 1/3 of your paycheck each pay period.

Originally Posted by YuraS718

grin.gif
Basic cable is only $50 a month, energy bill is only $35 for me, At&t internet is only $22 a month.

Groceries are $75 a month at most, student loans are aroung adjustable, but I'm expecting to pay around 4,000 a year. That's around $330+/month which is not to bad. I still think I can manage.
grin.gif

$75 a month for groceries?!? thats 3 ramen noodles a day. i suppose you can pull it off. no seriously thats only around $3-4 a day. i know homeless bums thatspend more than that on food.

Back
Top Bottom