What would happen if......?? vol. NBA Rules

I was just thinking of this because of the Bulls Celtics series. What if the refs did call that foul Rondo committed on Brad Miller a flagrant?? But timeexpired, so what would happen?? Would they put more time on the clock? And if so, how much time?

Originally Posted by NikeAir45

I was just thinking of this because of the Bulls Celtics series. What if the refs did call that foul Rondo committed on Brad Miller a flagrant?? But time expired, so what would happen?? Would they put more time on the clock? And if so, how much time?

well the whistle would blow or is suppose to blow the exact time of foul which means there would have to be some time left. So they would go to the tvs andcheck what time foul was committed. If there was no time there would be no foul.

Originally Posted by x1xJIGSAWx1x

Originally Posted by NikeAir45

I was just thinking of this because of the Bulls Celtics series. What if the refs did call that foul Rondo committed on Brad Miller a flagrant?? But time expired, so what would happen?? Would they put more time on the clock? And if so, how much time?

well the whistle would blow or is suppose to blow the exact time of foul which means there would have to be some time left. So they would go to the tvs and check what time foul was committed. If there was no time there would be no foul.
the OP means, WHAT IF the time read 0:00 at the time of foul, AFTER the ball was out of his hands and it was a flagrant.

not a possible scenario.

Some time would HAVE to be put back, cause you can't foul with NO time left.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

not a possible scenario.

but if you've already taken the shot with time on the clock, but get fouled after the release and there's no time on the clock. i think that's whatthey mean? either way though, if they did add time it'd be <1 sec so i dont think it'd really make a difference

Originally Posted by bjamez20

not a possible scenario.

but if you've already taken the shot with time on the clock, but get fouled after the release and there's no time on the clock. i think that's what they mean? either way though, if they did add time it'd be <1 sec so i dont think it'd really make a difference

wrong. if you get fouled on the release, there has to be some time left or else the shot would not have been valid. if the clock already expired before therelease, i dont know what would happen, but most likely the foul would be overuled since the shot would not have been valid whether the ball was made/missed.and every second counts. remember that d.fisher shot with .2 seconds? one of the best days of my life watching ball.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by bjamez20

not a possible scenario.

but if you've already taken the shot with time on the clock, but get fouled after the release and there's no time on the clock. i think that's what they mean? either way though, if they did add time it'd be <1 sec so i dont think it'd really make a difference

wrong. if you get fouled on the release, there has to be some time left or else the shot would not have been valid. if the clock already expired before the release, i dont know what would happen, but most likely the foul would be overuled since the shot would not have been valid whether the ball was made/missed. and every second counts. remember that d.fisher shot with .2 seconds? one of the best days of my life watching ball.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

that's why i said after the release. and it was 0.4 seconds

Back
Top Bottom