what would you do? blatant money disrespecting

If he's blatantly ducking you and posting that kind of stuff on Facebook, it's time to light a fire under him.  Try posting an ad from Craigslist for the Foams on your FB page and see how quickly he makes contact with you.  You've been more than generous on the deadline and he's been more than foolish to post his exploits of excess spending on FB.  If he doesn't get the money to you within 2 days go ahead and sell the collateral.  Keep one pair to show that he still has a chance and if he doesn't get you the money for that within a week you'll dispose of those too.

Originally Posted by NooEra

OP is soft and afraid of dude he loaned money to, clearly.

I am not soft. Trying to be reasonable. I'm a grown man with a career. All my homies graduated and have careers except him. The person who owes me money is in a tough spot. (College dropout, not much going for him, got a DUI, car mangled hitting center divider)I don't want to cameo in "when keeping it real goes wrong". It's not worth it to me. I don't want my BMW keyed/vandalized/blah blah blah/whatever (god forbid) that can happen. Feel me?I have a lot to lose, hes basically hit rock bottom.

It sounds more like he's bouncing along the bottom.  Rock bottom doesn't have $1000 worth of shoes that he hasn't even worn.  If I'm you and I actually care about the guy, I'm going to show him there are consequences for not following through on his word.  That way next time he tries to pull that one someone he'll think twice before not keeping his word.

Originally Posted by dunks318ti

NT, I need your advice.

My homie owed me money. $300 to be exact. He has been shaking/ducking me for over a year.
He contacts me asking a favor during XMAS 2011 saying he desperately needs a loan (on top of him already owing me $300).

I said Hell Nah, but he said he'll give me good faith collateral. I say ok.

He gives me '10 cool grey XI, '07 royal foam ones, Golddigger sb trainers. He gave me those 3 kicks for a $250 loan on top of $300 so now he owes me $550, saying he will pay me by end of January. Cool.

Comes end of Jan, he only pays me $150 and says he'll pay me $400 next week (payday+tax return), I say cool and he takes the cool grey XI back. Now he owes me $400 and I have 07 royal foams and golddigger sb's.

It is now March. Excuses after excuses. Same old story. Extensions on extensions. "He owed taxes instead of return" "money to relatives wedding" "waiting on bookie" "etc"

All in the mean time he fake balling, going out to bars everynight, clubbing every weekend, going to Vegas, buying new gear and posting on facebook etc., obviously this fool has money to do all these activities, yet he can't pay me back. Everytime I say Imma sell your %@!%@ and deduct from what he owes me is says don't do it, he'll pay me in a few days then same old story.

Am I wrong for trying to sell his stuff? I don't want any trouble or drama but this is ridiculous. Money ain't no thang to me, but this blantant disrespect is what gets me. He be like, "do you really need the money? You stackin, right?". SMH

so why you stressing the fact he hasn't paid you back?  just write it off as a gift to him if this statement is true...other than than  just sell off the kicks and learn the lesson of never lending what you cant afford to lose.

Honestly I'd let him know via Facebook that he needs to pay up. It's the principle and the fact that he has money to do other things besides pay up is a slap in the face to you. DS 07 royals will get you $250-280 depending on size, not sure about the other kicks. I'd send him a message on FB and tell him you'll be selling his kicks this weekend so if he wants them pay up.

I did write it off as a loss.

He owed me $300 and I had no collateral/pull/documentation. Money gone.

He asks for a desperation "loan" on Christmas eve and he gave me collateral. I LENT HIM MORE MONEY AFTER HE OWED ME FOR OVER A YEAR.

I'm not lending money I can't afford to lose LOL...It's disposable cash. I'm saying its all about the principles now. He DISRESPECTING me, LYING to me, taking advantage of my GOOD will.

Like I said, if he aint parlaying bets with bookies, getting drunk every night after you recently got a DUI, going clubbing, Vegas gambling, buying gear and flossing it like you doing it big, I wouldn't care. $$%%, i'll use those shoes to take out the trash or moe my lawn...

Just because I can afford to lose it, doesn't mean you have the right to say "Do you really need the money? You stackin, right?" %+$???

Baby Jumpman what's good??? I sold you a pair of 07 royal foams back when...(size 10 on ebay) if im not mistaken, my ebay id is: dunks_318ti
Thanks for the advice, thats what I did, but I just sent him an email instead of putting it out there...

I'm a size 10, both kicks are still a primetime size (9.5), I would just keep them, but 9.5 is a lil too snug for me

kill him and dump him in a random ditch somewhere and hope his body is never found.

What size are the shoes? Reason I ask is because if they are a 9.5 or 10 I will buy them and your boy will def not even think of stepping to me, and you profit.

You're stupid for taking that "collateral"

I say sell the kicks and then rob him for the rest.

OP is definitely not about that life. Your friend is disrespecting you all kinds and you're worried about retaliation or how you'll look to others? You're looking like a real b right now. Time to cut ties and keep it moving.

lol @ give him another deadline. Sell the kicks and never talk to that loser again, period. you sound like a nice guy and this dude basically exploited your kindness. F that piker

Will be posting in the buy/sell for the DS 9.5 2007 royal foams.
Will post the gold digger sb trainers on eBay as it is more a niche/cult shoe.

Quick question, how much should I list the foams for?

Is $300 shipped going price?
(Since $200 was retail and these are superior to 2011 retroes??? Excuse me for not knowing market price

Back
Top Bottom