What Would You Do? Vol. Cable "Hook Up" :{

So a few people at my job put me on to a "cable guy" an employee for one of these major cable companies....

The deal was $300 - internet 24mbs & all channels

Pay dude - comes out installs & its all G for a few days then it cuts off and he stops answering calls...

Lesson learned yes, but now im like $*@ do i do. everyone elses service still working....

Leave a threatening voice-mail that you will  tell his employer that he was stealing and selling cable if he doesn't come back and fix your cable or reimburse you. If he calls your bluff, oh well.

Did you try to talk to the guy that set it up?
Did you ask the people at work if it's happened to them before?

If both answers are no.....then i don't see any other option then to take the L.  Guess you got got

use to have the same hookup. only had it cut off twice within a 3 years. everytime it did get cut off my hook up would hook it back up for $20. but the charged you $300
30t6p3b.gif
i got charged $125  

If you say it's a major cable company, why not contact them directly?

Why is NT making "Take the L" so cliche?

Originally Posted by Dok

Leave a threatening voice-mail that you will  tell his employer that he was stealing and selling cable if he doesn't come back and fix your cable or reimburse you. If he calls your bluff, oh well. turn over your full house and get his *+! fired.

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Originally Posted by Dok

Leave a threatening voice-mail that you will  tell his employer that he was stealing and selling cable if he doesn't come back and fix your cable or reimburse you. If he calls your bluff, oh well. turn over your full house and get his *+! fired.

Bad idea.. Dude been all through your house and he knows what you have... Dont do it...

Like I said.. You just have to take the L... It's like calling the police when a drug deal goes bad. Doesnt work.  

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Because he got a HOOKUP and because "taking the L" is an important lesson to learn smarty pants.

30t6p3b.gif
got got by the cable man...

like said above call and threaten to report him if he doesn't come back...if he calls your bluff its yours against his but the cable companies take theft REALLY serious so you may have some luck with that...those cable scams were big a couple years ago pretty sure they have caught on and send disabling signals out regularly to cable boxes and modems...

other than that BUY THE CABLE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!!

Get somebody at work to get in touch with him and go from there. Calling his boss might get you in trouble cuz you did pay for a stolen product andknew about it

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

KickHead23 wrote:

Dok wrote:

Bad idea.. Dude been all through your house and he knows what you have... Dont do it...

Like I said.. You just have to take the L... It's like calling the police when a drug deal goes bad. Doesnt work.

The L has been accepted
frown.gif

ESPECIALLY here in Atlanta
30t6p3b.gif

Because he got a HOOKUP and because "taking the L" is an important lesson to learn smarty pants.
All he's done is call the guy, that's it. Despite the hook up, can't you try to call the company and explain the situation?

I understand the important lesson, but take the L right off the bat?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

KickHead23 wrote:

The L has been accepted
frown.gif

ESPECIALLY here in Atlanta
30t6p3b.gif

Breh... You already know... But you could try communicating through your co-workers like JayHood said. That might work out.

All he's done is call the guy, that's it. Despite the hook up, can't you try to call the company and explain the situation?

I understand the important lesson, but take the L right off the bat?
laugh.gif
Do you NOT understanding he's STEALING cable?! Even if he calls the company they're NOT going to turn the cable back on. 
roll.gif

I'm not saying it's right, but see if he still has a job with the cable company. It's quite possible that he got caught with setting yours up and that was the last straw.
I mean, if the majority of your company has installments by him, there's a possibility that the cable company caught on. 

I only paid like $50 for a standard cable hookup from a friend of a friend at Time Warner when I was living in my apartment.

2 years of free cable.

damn cuz... guess u just gotta take that L... because snitches get stitches... but i would talk to whoever put u on to dude

You can't call the company and say one of their guys hooked you up with low price cable and now it doesn't work

You said Atlanta right so I'm guessing its Comcast. My guess is what he does is put your equipment on his employee account or his test account for work, something might have looked wrong to someone in the office and he had to disconnect your equipment. You could probably call and snitch they won't do anything to you but will probably make you get service.

I paid $250 for 2 comcast boxes in Dec... joints worked for all of 48hrs maybe and homie never picked up his phone after calling 100x

SWINDLED!
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Ghost703

I paid $250 for 2 comcast boxes in Dec... joints worked for all of 48hrs maybe and homie never picked up his phone after calling 100x

SWINDLED!
30t6p3b.gif

Yea 2 comcast boxes here too + internet. I'm not going to snitch, after all getting into this type of thing I understood there'd be risk but yea I'm mad at myself more than anything for buying into it. and yea its comcast. the buddy of mine that has it too says sometimes people's phone numbers appear on his screen a-la the caller ID.
30t6p3b.gif
SWINDLED is right

Back
Top Bottom