What Would You Do? Vol. Giving Strangers Rides

So I was coming back from a friends house, and was dropping off a friend, when this scrawny 18-year-old dude comes up to me asking for a ride.
It's pouring outside, I live in a city and at like 1 am it started pouring like crazy (If you walk two feet, you're drenched). 

He comes up to my window and asks if I could drive him and his 2 friends to a place which is like 20-30 minutes away...

I, of course, say no, because of the distance, gas, the weather, and I don't want soaked people in my car. 

But after like 5 minutes, I began to feel bad haha.

I pictured myself in those shoes and I was young too once, and my friends and I would do stuff like that (not exactly, but yeah).

So I drive back to offer them a ride to some local transit (which is more reasonable), but I couldn't find them lol. 
ohwell.gif

What would you guys have done?

If it was just him, yeah I'd do it.

Him AND his friends? Nah breh, dudes prolly gonna rob my %@@ of my money and car.

Originally Posted by thacapt

If it was just him, yeah I'd do it.

Him AND his friends? No breh, dudes prolly gonna rob my $@! of my money and car.

this gotta be smart...
1 person fine...but friends included nah...they can survive a lil rain together 

i dont give a damn if it was just him or 50 peeps, no way im giving a stranger a ride

that goes for broads too, i aint trying to get ganked

Trust no 1 my man you probably havent been to that point where you learn that but judging from this post youll learn soon. trust nobody moms to babys moms everybody and i mean everybody has there price.

YOU $*@$#! STUPID BRO?? THATS THE SAME EXACT TACTIC PEOPLE USE TO STEAL CARS IF YOU DIDNT KNOW.. SMFH
TRUST ME I KNO

I feel like i would but then again i wouldn't. I would feeling bad for dudes, but i would be out numbered. IDK

Once I got into a strangers car.....

dude tried to suck me off.....

almost jumped out the moving car.....

Strange gay man actually took me to my destination....

felt violated for a couple hours after.....

Strangers and cars dont mix

You stupid, OP?

I would have left them there and not given a damn. Naive folks are the ones that end up on the evening news.

No sir.

I was actually talking about a similar topic with one of my boys yesterday.

Lets say you're driving into NYC and you really don't want to have to pay that $8 toll...would you pick up folks (waiting for their buses) that are headed to NYC to get into the carpool lane and pay less for the toll??

I picked up a person once...

It was about 3AM (bars and clubs close at 2AM, here) and I saw this girl walking down one of the main streets of the area. She's pretty, crying, etc. So I just pull up next to her, asked about her destination--which turned out to be about another half hour walk away--and offered to take her myself. She accepted. Turns out her friends left the bar without her, her phone had died, and she pretty much had no other option but to walk. I remember she smelled heavily of vodka, but she was cool. We just talked the entire way about random issues we had going on, and then she cried like no other saying she can't believe there are nice people out there and stuff and thanked me and I went on about my way home. Didn't ask for her name or anything, and don't think I've ever seen her again. Then again, even if I did I probably wouldn't recognize her because it was late and she probably wouldn't recognize me because she was drunk.

I know, crazy idea, but she seemed harmless and looked like a decent person. That is, she didn't look like a homeless junkie or axe murderer, but I suppose the risk was still there. Still not sure why either of us actually went along with it, but it worked out.

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

I picked up a person once...

It was about 3AM (bars and clubs close at 2AM, here) and I saw this girl walking down one of the main streets of the area. She's pretty, crying, etc. So I just pull up next to her, asked about her destination--which turned out to be about another half hour walk away--and offered to take her myself. She accepted. Turns out her friends left the bar without her, her phone had died, and she pretty much had no other option but to walk. I remember she smelled heavily of vodka, but she was cool. We just talked the entire way about random issues we had going on, and then she cried like no other saying she can't believe there are nice people out there and stuff and thanked me and I went on about my way home. Didn't ask for her name or anything, and don't think I've ever seen her again. Then again, even if I did I probably wouldn't recognize her because it was late and she probably wouldn't recognize me because she was drunk.

I know, crazy idea, but she seemed harmless and looked like a decent person. That is, she didn't look like a homeless junkie or axe murderer, but I suppose the risk was still there. Still not sure why either of us actually went along with it, but it worked out.

least youre a good guy, but that couldve easily been her last day on earth if you were a twisted sonuva(*)#&

I have done it before. I ain't neva scared. It was a dude at Love's the other day sitting down with a sign on his luggage that he was headed to California and needed a ride and he's from MD. I live in Oklahoma! It's a truck stop/gas station/store so I guess he is getting across the country hitchhiking with truckers.

"tough break %%!$!, *drives off* *throw's deuces* there's always FUUUUUBUUUUUU..........." would be my reaction whether I'm alone or have people with me.
WHY that pops into my head randomly? Thank Dave Chappelle.

but yea...NO. I refuse to pick up strangers just asking for rides/hitchhikers, @%+% that.
I know I'm not crazy and wouldn't do anything to another if I was ever in their situation so I would feel bad, but I wouldn't expect anyone to ACTUALLY pick me up in today's age and I'd be afraid if someone did honestly.

the only persons i wud pick up is pregnant woman and old folks still wouldn't trust them tho

Man I've picked up two people in my life, neither turned out bad.

1) me and my homie were driving down a back road, and saw a women and her two kids walking (while she was carrying one as her daughter was like 3). Turns out their car broke down and they were walking what is like a twenty mile drive. No phone, no money they just started walking. So glad I picked her up.

2) I was driving home from work and saw this angry looking black dude limping down the highway, passed him at first then I thought about and said f it. Picked him up, turns out this girl had punked him for like 30 bucks, left him with four dollars in his pocket and made him walk home. He lived in Leavenworth and she dropped him off in the heart of KC( a 45min drive). Had a J, let him hit it, gave him ten bucks and sent him on his way...I hope he ain't kill that chick for real.

There is no faith in humanity, because there seems to be no such thing as humanity these days. It starts with one person and there shouldn't be a need for any return in favor. Til this day I don't see the benefits of the deeds I do, but hopefully more people will stop being selfish and suspicious of other people so that we can all help each other. There is a reason why we don't live by ourselves in the wilderness, whether you realize it or not living in a society helps you specifically, maybe more people will understand that and this world will be better...probably not but thats not going to change the how I conduct myself. I'll always pick up hitchhikers, and if I end up in the back of a van with my kidney's out, thats the risk I run for wanting to be a good person, and expecting a better society.

In that situation, no. Rain won't kill them. I've given strangers rides before tho, I was younger tho. Depends on a lot of things.

Back
Top Bottom