What yall think about the Jordan Hall Of Fame speech??

Originally Posted by Sadad23

congrats to Jordan but wht he said abt Bryon Russel was
roll.gif

word. lol

Byron should have shut his trap

I mean the man spoke his peice
I cant be mad at that.
My favorite part is when he said to paraphrase 'you shouldnt put the Organization above the players; yes you cut the checks but we still have to go out andplay'.

I've always felt that way, whenever I see a team win a championship and they bring out the 100+year old owner and/or his kids, who did nada and let themtouch the trophy first, it always urks me.
Congrats to MJ, either way.
I read the article myself and dude was exaggerrating as are many of the posters in this thread IMO.

DR813 wrote:
I'm really suprised at all these comments on here. What's up with all the Jordan bashing? MJ is not a %#$$%@+$*. I saw the HOF speech, I thought it was fine. He is the greatest basketball player period. He can talk all the smack he wants because of what he's accomplished.
Exactly....

"The organization didn't play with the flu in Utah," Jordan grumbled.

He was on point about that. Krause had the nerve to say that organizations win titles. I wonder how many titles he has won Chicago since MJ left?? Both didneed each other in one or another. But calling out that fat boy was fair priceless. "Who invited Jerry Krause..cuz I sure didnt!"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

His speech was like watching Einstein belittling the mentally disabled for being ******ed. Like watching the other Michael make fun of people in wheel chairscuz they can't do the moonwalk as good as him.

I guess Michael Jordan is still a little sensitive after all these years. Too bad for him he will never have as many rings as Bill Russell, and to me he istied with Wilt for All-time scoring avg of 30.1 ppg. I love MJ as a player, but as a person, don't know him and don't care much about him as personcuz I dont know. I respect him as a player and thankful for being able to grow up watching him play.

He could've shown more class, but it was his speech and if he wanted to bring up of a list of all the people that ever crossed him during his life thenthats his choice. Im shocked his didnt fly up his childhood bullies or shorties who turned him down for dates.

Worst of all, he flew his old high school teammate, Leroy Smith, to Springfield for the induction. Remember, Smith was the upperclassman his coach, Pop Herring, kept on varsity over him as a high school sophomore. He waggled to the old coach, "I wanted to make sure you understood: You made a mistake, dude."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

MJ
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ya'll are telling the GOAT how to act? ya'll are trippin lol

to accomplish everything he did he had to constantly be number 1...now you telling him to chill....get outta here

MJ can never win yet he always does

Im pretty shocked people are upset at this. He was having fun with his speech. He's known all these people for 20+ years, im sure its not a big dealhe's joking around with them.

What jordan's mom still working 2 jobs? The whole thing bashing his high school coach...Was that even necessary? Overall speech is alright its not as badas people make it.

I remember a NT'er seen MJ at a golf tournament... he asked him to sign his Jordan sneaker and MJ was like "get that %@@ outa my face".
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He's a douche though..we all know that. We know people doubted him and he proved em all wrong... he just still likes to rub it in. He didn't have toremind everybody that he paid for the $1000 tickets though. That was my only problem with the speech.

Why was Scotty looking like he was laughing at Mike the whole time. Lol

I still never understood why they broke that team up. They could have easily won a 7th title.

i read the yahoo article and it made me picture him as a big douche. then i saw the speech on youtube. yahoo writer was exaggerating too much

I expected a little more humbleness and a little more appreciation for people that helped him get those 6 rings..Last time I checked he didn't win them byhimself..But there were some funny parts..

I've watched Jordan's speech and read the yahoo article as well...I don't see anything wrong with Jordan's speech though.He did thanked histeam mates, coaches and even the people he "bashed" on his speech but he did explain that is the reason he excelled himself in basketball at thehighest level and that he is a competitor.

Michael is Michael. He was kidding and everyone took it the wrong way.

And plus, he was telling the truth.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

It was like a child sticking his tongue out at his teacher. We all knew he was a jerk (and most loved justifying it with "it was due to his competitive spirit") but I for one actually expected him to act like a humble adult for this ONE speech - for the sake of basketball. He was being inducted into the hall of fame. No one is talking bad about him or doubting him anymore, he didnt have to be as childish as he was.

I respect him as an athlete and a competitor, but as a person? People need to stop with the blind love. None of us know him. What we saw, what we admire was the athlete.

Perfectly stated.

So if you are the best at something you can be a +*!* to all the people who aren't as good as you are? Sounds right.

Speech was straight. He pointed out the obvious. That writer made way to big a deal out of it. MJ could've walked on stage said "F yall" anddipped. What they expect? He's the best bball player of all time.

Back
Top Bottom