what's all da damn hubbub over da 13 colonies Flag air maxes?

This Nike Air Max 1 For Independence Day Honors The Betsy Ross Flag
69006b822d14ae9cdc931d5ae3c66be3
Ross Dwyer
1 week ago
nike-air-max-1-independence-day-cj4283-100-5.jpg

With the annual July 4th celebration of America securing its independence from Great Britain right around the corner, several patriotic-colored takes on popular Nike shoes have surfaced, and the latest pair to appear is this Air Max 1 equipped with Betsy Ross’s original American flag design. The basis for today’s 50-star equipped flag, Ross’s design had 13 stars in a circle for the original 13 states, and that detail from the 1700s is present on these Maxes as it’s embroidered directly on the heel. However, it’s not just the special flag that’s noteworthy here. The rest of the shoe flaunts a patriotic color scheme as well with its white mesh base, red mudguard, blue Swoosh, and red trim. Soft grey overlays serve as a buffer between all the colorful tones, and a circular tongue patch with another 13-star graphic provides alternate branding. Down below, a white midsole, gold Air Max unit, and navy blue outsole complete the look. You’ll be able to grab these in time for your 4th of July festivities too: they’ll release on Nike SNKRS July 1st for $140 USD, so peep all the special details below in the meantime.

Nike Air Max 1
Release Date: July 1st, 2019
$140
Color: White/Midnight Navy-Neutral Grey
Style Code: CJ4283-100

Flag was made during the slavery era.

I’VE never thought to associate it as a symbol of racism like the confederate flag and moreso correlate it with patriotism but in today’s social climate, patriotism has kind of become synonymous with racism so I respect black people’s views towards it & Nike’s decision to recall them.

Flag was made during the slavery era.

I’VE never thought to associate it as a symbol of racism like the confederate flag and moreso correlate it with patriotism but in today’s social climate, patriotism has kind of become synonymous with racism so I respect Colin's views towards it & Nike’s decision to recall them.

Fixed. I never knew to be offended by that flag, but why did Nike use it instead of the 50 stars is weird. I honestly don't care though, the shoes are ugly and that's the peak of my interest on this.

It’s pretty dumb imo, but not surprising in this day and age of fake activism.

18345C45-7087-404D-8148-10309F9676D2.jpeg

Gonna have to change our money soon as Washington and Jefferson were slave owners.

cuz of that?! might as well rip da plate from da Statue of Liberty :lol:

that PC ish gonna invoke some backlash :smh:

Fixed. I never knew to be offended by that flag, but why did Nike use it instead of the 50 stars is weird. I honestly don't care though, the shoes are ugly and that's the peak of my interest on this.
Probably because of it’s (13 stars) historical relationship with the 4th of July & independence.

All you had to do was look in the Air Max 1 thread.

newflash b, those silos of threads in da retro section suck... absolutely destroyed that forum as far as finding any kind of news.

should've moved all that ish to da retro section.

folks seem to confuse fake outrage
with wanting to get rid of the ideologies
from back when
now i get how it could be irritating to a person into shoes
say "hey whats the big deal"
but at the same time
that person has to realize what certain things
and symbols mean to other people and cultures
just cause 1 black person isnt offended
doesnt mean the black person who is offended isnt justified
that flag is a symbol america back during slavery
and if missing out on a pair of shoes
is that serious to u
to where u would over look the symbolism behind that
(REGARDLESS knowing that wasnt nike's intention
which i know it wasnt)
then theres something wrong with ur thought process
like why cant folks just say i disagree with it
but i respect how others may feel differently
and move on
why does it always have to be "blah blah blah fake outrage"
specially when no one is outraged
colin seen the shoe
spoke with nike on why it could be deemed "offensive or inconsiderate"
and nike recognized how it could be perceived

Don't know, but apparently conservatives everywhere are crying about it. Arizona governor pulled back fund support for Nike building a plant and bringing jobs there over it:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/arizon...ross-colin-kaepernick-controversy-11562072719
We've gotten to the point where we have governors tweeting and enacting policies about a ****ing sneaker.
Streisand Effect. Nobody gave a damn about this release until Nike banned it. Now news on this is everywhere :smh:

Back
Top Bottom