What's going to happen to these Chrysler cars?

iblink

Banned
When thousands of dealerships close their doors, what happens to the vehicles? Chyrsler's already said they're not taking them back.

nothing? just like the hundreds of thousands of cars sitting in ports and lots right now. They wont budge on the prices to make money, so they will sit on thelot and lose even more money. IDIOTS.

They'll be sold to exisiting dealerships at below cost. Some will go to auction, some will go to non-chrysler dealers...

...all at a loss to the vendor who was already forced to close their doors.

That said, there was always an inherent risk for any dealer to lose their sales and be forced into that position anyway. It just sucks for a lot of dealersthat someone else made the decision for them.

I mean, the dealerships have to close their doors and it's the dealership owners who decide what to do with their merchandise.

just like the hundreds of thousands of cars sitting in ports and lots right now. They wont budge on the prices to make money, so they will sit on the lot and lose even more money
Exactly.

Just lower the prices already! People will buy them.

Making 80 cents on the dollar is better than 0 cents on the dollar.

If the car companies don't relax these sticker prices and start designing good looking cars again, people will simply buy quality used cars.

Ex. A brand new 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - much superior to today's version - had an average sticker price of about $29k. Jeep loyalists will tellyou this era of GC's was by far the best. Had one in my family and loved it.

A 2009 Grand Cherokee Laredo - complete with ugly design and cheaper materials - has an average sticker of about $31k-$32k.

2 or 3k MORE for a poorer quality product. This ain't about inflation, either.

It's about paying unions.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Burns1923

just like the hundreds of thousands of cars sitting in ports and lots right now. They wont budge on the prices to make money, so they will sit on the lot and lose even more money
Exactly.

If the car companies don't relax these sticker prices and start designing good looking cars again, people will simply buy quality used cars.

preach!
pimp.gif

sell these new cars for dirt dirt cheap so ppl can buy them. simple as that!

instead of having them sit around and collect dust

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

nothing? just like the hundreds of thousands of cars sitting in ports and lots right now. They wont budge on the prices to make money, so they will sit on the lot and lose even more money. IDIOTS.

actually they are cutting prices so they can break even, or atleast lose less money than they would if they didn't sell the cars at all. saw a newscastyesterday where a car salesman, i forgot the state, was selling a brand new 300m for $22,000 (MSRP was $37,000).

-waystinthyme

Ex. A brand new 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - much superior to today's version - had an average sticker price of about $29k. Jeep loyalists will tell you this era of GC's was by far the best. Had one in my family and loved it.

A 2009 Grand Cherokee Laredo - complete with ugly design and cheaper materials - has an average sticker of about $31k-$32k.

2 or 3k MORE for a poorer quality product. This ain't about inflation, either.

It's about paying unions.
mad.gif
that sounds EXACTLY like jordan brand right about now

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Exactly.

preach!
pimp.gif

I live in St. Charles Co, outside of STL and there is a GM plant out here...... There are cars parked in a outdoor storage facility that I knowthey wont be selling anytime soon. And time keeps flying......

I mean who the hell wants to buy a DS 2007 vehicle at full price 3 years later?
mad.gif

No more clubbin for me all my money is gettin saved. 300 are still nice. Remember that g unit car episode where buck, yayo, and game had expensive whips and 50had a 300. lol. I know 50 got other cars but that showcase was weird.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

No more clubbin for me all my money is gettin saved. 300 are still nice. Remember that g unit car episode where buck, yayo, and game had expensive whips and 50 had a 300. lol. I know 50 got other cars but that showcase was weird.
I'm almost certain 50 got paid to do that lol. I remember he showed off that "50 Cent" edition Pontiac on a show..... I saiddamn..... 50 all about the money

I just purchased an 07 Magnum SRT8 with low miles and one year left on the warranty from a dealership on the brink of bankruptcy.
When I spotted the car two months ago, they were already in trouble but wouldn't let up on the price. I caught them last week the came off the pricemany thousands of dollars since sales numbers were low this month.
The warranty is backed by the government so I'm not worried.

The cars are going to end up at other dealerships that think that they can turn a profit on them. Patience is key.

i wonder if the entire blogosphere (
grin.gif
) made a huge massive big deal aboutall the cars sitting at lots, we could make it happen

(they'll have to give in on those prices sooner than later
grin.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom