What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Has anybody tried the new elite socks? Elite 1.5 https://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/dry-elite-15-crew-basketball-socks/pid-11373047/pgid-11621641

How do they compare to the OG elites? They're starting to show up in my local factory store, wondering if they're as soft/comfortable and durable as the originals. They felt pretty soft by hand when I looked at them. Not crazy about how they look.

I have not tried them, but I was curious so I looked up the difference in % of certain materials that they are made of. If you look at all performance socks: original elites, hyperelites, stance NBA, For Bare Feet NBA, etc, they all have a different mix of nylon, cotton, spandex, polyester, acrylic, etc. -- this is some nerd ****, I know... but interesting to me and makes sense.

SO -- looking at the original elites vs. the new 1.5, here is the composition and it is nearly the same:
Nike Elite (original)
62% polyester/21% nylon/15% cotton/2% spandex
Nike Dry Elite 1.5
61% polyester/20% nylon/17% cotton/2% spandex.

Would like to try the 'thick' NikeGrip Power Crew sock (what a name). Sick of wearing double pairs.

I have many elite pairs (OG) and they're great.

I didn't realize Nike took over the NBA socks until recently.

I get the sense maybe they were taking a hit on their socks? When I saw Stance NBA socks available for the low in Marshall's and what not, I completely forgot about anything Nike was putting out. $4-5 for a pair of those is a great deal.

Yet NBA players double and sometimes triple layer those PowerGrip. Wonder how loose their shoes are with just 1 pair of socks on.

Where are y'all getting them in the Bay Area? It's as if all the NTers are in the know and cleaned out the Marshalls, Ross, TJ, NRack, etc around me

know this is a little late but peep your outlets during sale weekends, copped the white mid elite socks from orange outlet last weekend. they were listed for around $10 with additional 30% off, got two pairs for free with survey coupons

I’ve like the new elite quick. Got a pair a at outlet for $7 and also thru the Richards sale 4/$20

Anyone ever try out Eastbay EVAPOR socks? How do they compare to Elites?

I bought the Lakers' colorway NXT 360s on a whim and now I need purple and gold **** to match them because I'm dumb like that. Can't find either color for Nikes.

Back
Top Bottom