What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

If anyone who keeps pickin them up and has access to more and could hook me up please message me.. I need these so bad but really don't wanna pay eBay prices

kobe elite socks
pimp.gif

km4hw.jpg

just wanted to give my official review of these socks after using them for about three weeks.

1. comfort: they definitely feel great. the padding is in all the right places.
2. look: let's be honest, we all got em for the looks.
3. performance: BIGGEST let down for me. i'm a 5'6" point guard, so i do a ton of running and stopping and cutting on the court. the first time i played in these, i was wearing my flightposites. this was the first time in my life i bruised my 2nd toe (next to the big toe) on BOTH FEET. i'm not talking about someone stepped on my feet while i balled, but everytime i stopped on dime, my feet slid inside and jammed my toes. it's kinda hard to explain because i wasnt jamming it into my shoe, but more like my toes wasnt held down in place so it would curl underneath itself. i balled 7 full court games back to back. so i was thinking, maybe my flightposites just arent compatible with these shoes. so i balled in my foamposites a few days later. same thing. my feet kept sliding inside the sock in the toebox area. yesterday was my final trial. lebron iv's, outdoor. same thing. upon inspection of these socks, the toebox area of the socks just arent tight. the best way i can describe them is very padded and droopy. the toebox area twists and turns so easy for me, and it's not droopy length wise, it's droopy width wise. i have wide feet too.
ive been ballin since 7th grade competitively and i'm 30 years old now, so my feet sliding inside my own socks and shoes have never been an issue. perhaps i need to try out the socks in a size down. anybody havesimiliar experience?
i will say however, these socks are awesome when i wear dress shoes. the padding is incredible for walking around in uncomfortable dress shoes.

(in my previous post i said i didnt really notice the socks while i was balling. i shoulda noted that it was mostly shooting drills after lifting.)

i think its the posite. ive had the toe jamming issue in my foamposites but i still love the socks esp in my KDIIs

and im wearing my kobe elites right now
smile.gif

i still dbl sock with these...
i wear those thin champs/ftl no shows then the elites, haad no problems

Originally Posted by Luichi

eastbay says they're restocking in august.. i will probably have to wait until then since im international.
unless someone is keen on getting me some at retail price or below, pm me and let me know
Yea, but i think its going to be the whites and blacks only.  No colored ones.

Went hunting last night and copped the very last pair of the crew black/orange.
Salesperson said they didn't know when they would restock and that they were flying off the shelf.

I have yet to try them on ... judging by eBay reseller prices these socks can add 6 pts and 3 rebounds per game. /sarcasm

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Went hunting last night and copped the very last pair of the crew black/orange.
Salesperson said they didn't know when they would restock and that they were flying off the shelf.

I have yet to try them on ... judging by eBay reseller prices these socks can add 6 pts and 3 rebounds per game. /sarcasm
lol

just saw a westchester player with some white red accent ones. also saw some wht blue accent ones

its like everyone and their mommas had em

My Opinion on these socks.

All hype. They perform exactly like locally bought (Here in the Philippines) 'Burlington' branded socks which cost (equlivalent to) 3 for $2.50 USD

Originally Posted by mojako

My Opinion on these socks.

All hype. They perform exactly like locally bought (Here in the Philippines) 'Burlington' branded socks which cost (equlivalent to) 3 for $2.50 USD
Add another to the list.

These are the best looking socks on the market, without a doubt.

But to say that they outperform all other socks is a lie. My NBA socks are the best socks I've worn. No slipping, correct length (Nike ones run short) and widely available at retail price or lower. I don't need any extra cushioning from a sock inside my shoe. My shoes provide all the cushioning I need.

I JUST BOUGHT A BUNCH OF THEM @ HoH IN HARLEM...THEY WERE BOGO FREE...SO I CAME OUT WITH 12 PAIRS...

PLUS WHILE I WAS WORKING THE RUMBLE IN THE BRONX I DID NOTICE A LOT OF KIDS ROCKING SOME CRAZY COLORS...

Slippage problems are for people wearing these for the first time I'm guessing? I slipped in em first time after a wash they are way better. I need more , 2 pairs ain't cuttin it

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

Originally Posted by andfattoo

the new usa elites......

be535d9ee3c877d4acbe45e705fef7068d86fab.jpg
what sneakers are you wearing?

I'm sorry, but this made me
laugh.gif
. It says Durant on the tongue, though.

Anyways, I picked up three pairs the other day at my local HOH. I've been wearing them ever since.

I wanted the red pair, but they didn't have my size. I ended up buying three black pairs.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom