Whats good with U of W?!?!

yendro

Banned
got accepted recently so will most likely attend, CLASS of 2013 ahahah...... whats good there though, are the parties crackin? plenty of females? What do youdo/dont recommend?

im not sure if i wanna live at home or on campus yet? which would you recommend?

2013 eh?

man i feel old.

you should live on campus though. dorms for freshmen year to network, then move out to an apartment later on.

all my friends love living on campus, even though its distracting at times.

congrats on the acceptance. what are u studying? do you know?

you should try a frat, I'm in one right now and its great, lemme know if you want to come check out the house, always good to have an NTer in the house.

congrats on the acceptance! getting in has been no joke the past couple of years!
laugh.gif

Don't use the Odegaard bathrooms or you might get hugged inappropeiately by a creepy dude that doesn't go to the school....

Definitely dorm your first year. Get into Lander if you can, that's the all freshmen dorm.

Go to the IMA everyday as a freshmen.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

I might be going to UW Bothell
laugh.gif

Does that count?
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

UW Seattle is awesome.... if you can get into the Seattle one, definitely come.

Originally Posted by mtg

UW...ftl

aww... didn't get in, huh? it's ok. get your grades up and maybe you could transfer...

unless you're in that top notch Communications program over there~ you mos def wanna take full advantage of that!
pimp.gif

yo, i know there's already the uw students thread but i think this would be a better place to get my questions answered.

i'm considering transferring to uw next year as a sophomore winter quarter from a school in ohio (miami university) but i don't know if i really wantto make that change.

one of the reasons i am considering uw is because my family is moving back to washington so this way i can be a little closer and then land a job in seattleafterwards.

at miami, it's a rural campus where greek life is big as is the bar scene. it's ok and the demographic here is mostly white.

i know uw will be a lot different but i'd like to hear from current students about the education, and social life and whatnot

Originally Posted by sangalang

yo, i know there's already the uw students thread but i think this would be a better place to get my questions answered.
i'm considering transferring to uw next year as a sophomore winter quarter from a school in ohio (miami university) but i don't know if i really want to make that change.
one of the reasons i am considering uw is because my family is moving back to washington so this way i can be a little closer and then land a job in seattle afterwards.
at miami, it's a rural campus where greek life is big as is the bar scene. it's ok and the demographic here is mostly white.
i know uw will be a lot different but i'd like to hear from current students about the education, and social life and whatnot
Well for starters....
UW is ranked 42nd in the nation academically..... it's a GOOD school with good teachers.

Demographic here is mostly white too..... decent size Asian population..... and not much else.

Sports scene will be better here, which can be cool/fun..... football games are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(even if we do suck, SO many people go & the tailgating is
pimp.gif
)...... and the basketball team is usually pretty good

Seattle is located in the city.... which is cool. I like that feature.... no way I could live somewhere like Pullman out in the middle of nowhere
sick.gif
Plenty of places to go in Seattle and suburbs surrounding.

I don't know much about the Greek scene.... I've heard it's "decent" but not "great", but that could be wrong

Bars are okay near the school..... (sketchy area at night anyways these days) but plenty of places within Seattle to go (as well as lounges & clubs, which can be fun...... and more safe/more Policeactivity)

Our sports facility is
pimp.gif
..... At least 10 basketball courts..... bigworkout room, etc etc

The campus scenery/views/archietcure is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
......... unfortunately a good portion of the year it's raining/drizzling/cold/whatever so being outside isn't the most pleasant place to be
laugh.gif

Hopefully that helped a little....... feel free to ask more questions!

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

i'm considering transferring to uw next year as a sophomore winter quarter from a school in ohio (miami university) but i don't know if i really want to make that change.
one of the reasons i am considering uw is because my family is moving back to washington so this way i can be a little closer and then land a job in seattle afterwards.
Well for starters....
UW is ranked 42nd in the nation academically..... it's a GOOD school with good teachers.

...and if you're interested in the medical field, chances are, UW's ranked much higher than 42nd.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FRANChISe206

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Well for starters....
...and if you're interested in the medical field, chances are, UW's ranked much higher than 42nd.
pimp.gif
UW Medical school = 6th
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

UW Law School = 30th
eek.gif
..... (please please please let meget in
laugh.gif
)

I didnt know the law school was that good. the Business school is ranked 25th in the nation (thats including private schools as well). Up from 33rd last year.Slowly but surely climbing.

how is the vibe there? i saw on collegereviews that a lot of people just stick to high school friends and that'd make it a little hard for me to meetpeople if that's the case lol.

academically, i'm expecting about the same quality of education i can get here as miami's business school is ranked above or similarly depending onwho's doing the reviewing.

here, it is a mainly white, 85% and a pretty weak mixture of everything else. i feel like the vibe will be a lot different since here, it's usually knownas a preppy school.

i think my best option is to just visit and actually get to see for myself.

Back
Top Bottom