whats in a name? VOL....RAVEN symone

Thank you.

ole dude up there just trina be edgy
no. I provided specific examples of names that can easily be pronounced. Can you tell me what reason there is for someone to mispronounce the name Ming or make idiotic rhymes like "Ming Wong Ching Chong"? That happened to her as a kid but that's the reason she changed her name. Many Asian kids go through the same thing from non Asians growing up

no. I provided specific examples of names that can easily be pronounced. Can you tell me what reason there is for someone to mispronounce the name Ming or make idiotic rhymes like "Ming Wong Ching Chong"? That happened to her as a kid but that's the reason she changed her name. Many Asian kids go through the same thing from non Asians growing up
Bape 

Nike

easily pronounced right???

you never went into the whole racist poetry rhyme aspect of it.

hell growing up, spanish kids called me chino. thought it was an insult at first. shoulda seen the look on my face when i learned that half my classmates had no clue what Philippines was.

not every body's story and experience is the same 

:lol:

Well I get what he meant. Sometimes ppl put no effort in to trying and you can see the playful sometimes insulting ignorant attempt.

However, there is an excuse. Being raised in Asia and being raised in the Americas cause you to develop different parts of your mouth/voice which makes it harder for you to speak in certain languages especially the more difficult ones like Mandarin. I forgot which language it was that makes it easier for you to learn Russian and Mandarin. English born speakers will have a harder time though. It's why things like accents exist and we can tell where a person is from when they speak English sometimes.

I try to make an effort with the names though given I've across similar with my own name.

Thank you.

Not sure if was for me. But wasn't trying to be edgy. Just was like damn.

I already had a grasp of everything master zik was saying. Just was like damn.

:lol:

Well I get what he meant. Sometimes ppl put no effort in to trying and you can see the playful sometimes insulting ignorant attempt.

However, there is an excuse. Being raised in Asia and being raised in the Americas cause you to develop different parts of your mouth/voice which makes it harder for you to speak in certain languages especially the more difficult ones like Mandarin. I forgot which language it was that makes it easier for you to learn Russian and Mandarin. English born speakers will have a harder time though. It's why things like accents exist and we can tell where a person is from when they speak English sometimes.

I try to make an effort with the names though given I've across similar with my own name.

Thank you.

?
View media item 1745351

i had no idea how to pronounce Nguyen until i looked it up 

stuff like this doesnt help the situation 
laugh.gif

^Whoa wait was that all one long pronunciation of the name? Said it slow but that was too long.

the official youtube channel is pronunciation book

some dude made a pronunciation guide account to troll people trying to learn english 
roll.gif

Well this Vietnamese kid that went to my school was named Tony Nguyen and I always told him that if he was alive 25 years ago he would be revered for having that name

the official youtube channel is pronunciation book

some dude made a pronunciation guide account to troll people trying to learn english :rofl:
:rofl:

I was about to say I'm out here failing hard and nobody is correcting me or making fun of me. Just thinking I'm stupid and maybe even disrespectful/ignorant.

apparently "wen" is correct

how do I pronounce Ng?

Ng is pronounced "Ing" and for Nguyen I found out just a few years ago that it's supposed to be pronounced "win." I grew up with a TON of Nguyen friends and the whole time for the past like 25 years I pronounced it "New Yin"

This same bish wanted rosa parks on paper currency instead of harriet tubman :lol:

Another confused negro

There was a girl who worked at the Wendys by my crib named Ganeria. How could you do your kid like that?

What kills me is ethnic Asians conforming to white people and naming their kids mike, john, tom, dave, kyle. It's usually koreans that do this. I noticed japanese tend to keep their ethnic names but shorten it for dumb westerners like Riyosuki is Riyo and Hidetoshi is toshi

F that

All my Asian friends have cookie cutter first names. Like I know 5 john chos and 4 dave kims :smh:

Last edited:
What kills me is ethnic Asians conforming to white people and naming their kids mike, john, tom, dave, kyle

F that

All my Asian friends have cookie cutter first names
mean.gif
its really not a big deal and if it helps their kid get ahead in life then why not?

all these asians will also have asian names they dont tell you about

Nah. The koreans I know dont I even asked them. I go to their house and their parents still call them by their western name
its really not a big deal and if it helps their kid get ahead in life then why not?

all these asians will also have asian names they dont tell you about

Back
Top Bottom