Whats one thing you hate about your game??

I hate how when shooting around I can make every single shot from all over, sweet J too!!! but once were running a game, I cant make Jack!!

whats yours?

my defense is lazy

I'm like 6'4 220 and I hate defending on the perimeter, would rather just hang out and rebound

I'm a streaky shooter. Also, I stopped playing for a minute, so my shot beyond 18 feet has disappeared
ohwell.gif

I hate that my outdoor and indoor game are like night and day, I don't know if it's that I have a flat shot or what, but I just get abused by doublerims.

Also I've got a quick temper and it comes out about the fourth or fifth time screens don't get called out, that's usually 50/50, sometimes I playwith people who always do, sometimes they never do

I have no consistency with my jumper, and I don't mean results; I swear I shoot different every single time.

I've been playing once a week for the last month and a half after a six month basketball hiatus, and I've taken maybe four jumpers. When I shoot beforea game, I just can't find it, so I don't even bother during games; it's straight to the cup or putbacks only.

My jumper has never been anything better than average, but now it doesn't even register on the chart. Not that I've ever been the kind of dude thatgoes out there chucking, but I wasn't joking when I said I've taken four jump shots, while playing probably 30 games.

I'd have to say my pet peeve with my game is, it takes a humiliating performance to get me back in the lab.
If things are going good, I'll just cruise and won't work on my game.

Originally Posted by eight2one

I hate how when shooting around I can make every single shot from all over, sweet J too!!! but once were running a game, I cant make Jack!!

whats yours?
im the exact opposite..i am a horrible stand still shooter
sick.gif
especially from long range
laugh.gif
i have to be in rythym to shootconsistantly, like shooting off the dribble or something
ohwell.gif

I am capable but have a tendency to not play D as well
grin.gif

My ball handling is not strong.

I'm also lousy on defense because I'm not the quickest or strongest guy out there.

Just that it's probably not where it could be.

Haven't played against really good comp in probably 2-3 years, just been hoopin' with a bunch of friends on Mondays after work.

I don't penetrate enough. The guy thats defending me is usually smaller and weaker so I just play around the perimeter and shoot over him.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I'm also lousy on defense because I'm not the quickest or strongest guy out there.
this has nothing to do with playing defense, example Shane Battier or Bruce Bowen

it's all about effort, technique, and position.

im lazy on defense
one day i can hit everything from 3 pointer, but the next day i miss everything including layups
cant handle the ball
im pretty weak, so i cant finish inside

definitely a soft player

My mid-range jumper is terrible.
smh.gif

I can hit with consistency from deep, my FT's are on point, I just don't got a solid 15 footer.

After coming back from a knee injury my confidence in my game is pretty much gone. I used to be a pretty aggressive player attacking the rim, splitting thedefence with passes and taking my man for a one on one all the way or shooting from deep. Right now I usually stand in the corner and take an open shot, thatis if anyone passes to me. At this point my dream of playing pro ball is gone I guess, as I dont think I still have that fire in me.

"I can't hit the broad side of a barn."
smh.gif

I'm a beast at everything else, defense, lay-ups/dunks, and passing
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

just like me

I never learned how to properly shoot when I was younger, so my release is extremely awkward...

Originally Posted by eight2one

whats yours?
well is that how you practice? you sound like if some one passed you the ball you'd drain it but if you did a crossover pull up you'reoff.
you have to shoot both ways during practice. when you shooting off the dribble it requires a different amount of shooting power than one from a set shot...
as for me overall consistency i'll go on runs where i play constantly and get back to my hs form then i'll go months without playing and by the time iplay again all i can do is drive, play d and pass
laugh.gif

aging and dusting the rust off ftl

my game was built on athleticism and im trying to play totally different now. used to be able to blow by defenders with ease, attack the basket andfinishstrong with contact. now, i just tend to play on the perimeter and settle for outside shots.
jumper is way too streaky, sometimes i cant even buy a basket (word to larry hughes) and sometimes im on fire (especially playing outdoors/indoors)
not a really good rebounder
i dont really play inside much and my post game is minimal. but my mj fadeaway is on point

at least i have my defense to fall back on

Back
Top Bottom