Whats one thing you hate about your game??

My "court vision" leads straight to the basket
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

Originally Posted by eight2one

I hate how when shooting around I can make every single shot from all over, sweet J too!!! but once were running a game, I cant make Jack!!

whats yours?
well is that how you practice? you sound like if some one passed you the ball you'd drain it but if you did a crossover pull up you're off.
you have to shoot both ways during practice. when you shooting off the dribble it requires a different amount of shooting power than one from a set shot...
as for me overall consistency i'll go on runs where i play constantly and get back to my hs form then i'll go months without playing and by the time i play again all i can do is drive, play d and pass
laugh.gif

I do both when practicing, but in games, I usually cant make a wide open J...

I'm a cutter type and is strong, but I always pass the ball up.
My three pointer is laughable and i never really developed a jumper =/

To passive at times... _ be gettin mad when I dont shoot even when im off..

Last tourny game we had I only had 4pts and was like 2/9... Yesterday I had 21 on 8/8, _ was like thats why the #+#! I tell you keep shooting
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

I never learned how to properly shoot when I was younger, so my release is extremely awkward...

Same here, Shawn Marion FTL Offense is by far the worst part of my game. My handles are also real suspect. But I pass well, play D and get putbacks.

Originally Posted by Johnson1

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

My ball handling is not strong.

I'm also lousy on defense because I'm not the quickest or strongest guy out there.
this has nothing to do with playing defense, example Shane Battier or Bruce Bowen

it's all about effort, technique, and position.
Of course, but those three aspects can only take me so far
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

i grew up playing 1v1/2v2/3v3 AT MOST and never learned to play 5v5.

they're two COMPLETELY different games.

i'm not composed in 4v4/5v5s. i suck at getting around picks. i pump-fake instead of just pull up when i have a little bit of space.

my shot has improved over time, but my lay ups have gotten much worse.

Don't shoot enough
smh.gif

Usually, I'm just into making plays for my teammates and playing lockdown defense.

NO HANDLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif
Also cansomeone answer this without me having to do a whole new thread? How can you go from being a team player to a scorer? I haven't played ball in a while,butwhen i get right i want to be a scorer. I know it's a mind thing but team first was the the way i was raised on ball, it's going to be hard to changeover 20 years of habits.

My jumper seems to never have the same form on every shot.
laugh.gif

one day its smooth and it goes in
next it feel feel jerky and i cant buy a bucket

I have the nicest mid-range game around, I have excellent court vision and passing ability. But I can't finish at the rim and my shooting % lowersDRAMATICALLY once I get beyond the arc.

Laziness. I get by on some of my physical gifts which is strength in both my upper and lower body and long arms. Never put enough work to be in shape the way Ishould. But then again I always played more for fun than anything else.

My jumper was good when I was in HS and that's why my coach kept me on the team. But my handles were never great, and neither are my hops or lateralquickness.

But prob what I def hate most about my game. I can't play and just do things out of reaction. I try to analyze everything and it makes me a tad bit slow.But when I have moments that I do just out of instinct without planning for it, it catches people by utter surprise at how quick and fluid some of my moves canbe on offense. I don't know whether people actually have this same problem.

I spent/spend a lot of time practicing my jumper.

As a result I kind of fall in love with it and sometimes settle for it too much. I've been told I don't take it to the rack as often as I did before.

Back
Top Bottom