What's really good with Darren Collison?

I picked him up in fantasy, and ever since Chris Paul went down...he's been putting up CP3 numbers
nerd.gif

is he really that raw?

Rookie of the Year canidate/leader if not drafted by the Hornets.

Thats what ive been wondering, hes playing very well as of late.
Is it the system.....?

i doubt it

When he was at UCLA I for one DID NOT think his game would translate well coming into the league....dude has proved me wrong
pimp.gif

Dude has saved my fantasy team.  From what I've seen, he reminds me of an undersized rondo especially with his shot.
This will sound dumb but I was surprised CP wasn't traded.  I've heard so many rumors about the Hornets wanting to save money that I thought they would have dealt him for a cheap big man.

yea from what i remember in college....he was not all that good. I didn't think he'd do anything in the league..

He's been killing it ever since CP went down. I followed him in college, but did not expect this type of play from him now, maybe not even ever. I feel like he's a product of being around a great PG and having all the tools. I'm glad he's playing well, maybe a little while longer under CP's tutelage and we'll see him flourish even more running his own team in the future.

well, he's proving me wrong. i didn't expect him to put up some of the numbers he's had this season.

This was a good question that poped up in the NO season thread. Do you trade CP3 with collision blooming?

My pick: If you can get rid of all those bad contracts (peja, posey, okafor) since they're a team thats trying to save money, and can get young proven talent as well as a bunch of draft picks, i say do it.

It may be a bit tough trading one of the best point guards in the league though.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Dude has saved my fantasy team.  From what I've seen, he reminds me of an undersized rondo especially with his shot.
This will sound dumb but I was surprised CP wasn't traded.  I've heard so many rumors about the Hornets wanting to save money that I thought they would have dealt him for a cheap big man.

Josh Powell
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by PoeticJays

yea from what i remember in college....he was not all that good. I didn't think he'd do anything in the league..

You serious dog?  He WAS the offense for UCLA during his last three years there (aside from Kevin Love's lone season).  His greatest asset is his ability to control the tempo of a game, on offense and defense.  The only knock on him was him being dominated by bigger, stronger guards (see Derrick Rose).  Granted, I thought he'd have the same problem in the league but at this point it doesn't seem to be slowing him down one bit.

I was hopin that he be traded to a bad team, so he can get some more minutes and start putting up some ROY numbers.

This dude may single-handedly get me into the playoffs. I was like 10-games out of a playoff spot when I picked him up...now I'm only like 3-games out.

not sure why MINN didn't draft Collison. lol. hornets should package him to move up in the draft.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

not sure why MINN didn't draft Collison.
Maybe because it was universally determined that Rubio and Flynn were both better prospects than Collison? We drafted our guys at 5 & 6 and he fell and Collison wasn't taken until 21.

I see you jumped off the Eric Maynor bandwagon after everyone realized he's a back-up point guard at BEST.

That's just this time around. 18, 4, 8 and 2 as a starter for the season. 45%, 38%, 87%.

The Hornets are 7-2 when he turns the ball over five or more times. 
laugh.gif

He's played at least 41 and a half minutes in nine straight games.
grin.gif

capt.a96d776c09df4442bdc77411f2996b3b.magic_hornets_basketball_lasg108.jpg

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

That's just this time around. 18, 4, 8 and 2 as a starter for the season. 45%, 38%, 87%.

The Hornets are 7-2 when he turns the ball over five or more times. 
laugh.gif

He's played at least 41 and a half minutes in nine straight games.
grin.gif

He's our point guard of the future
pimp.gif

capt.a96d776c09df4442bdc77411f2996b3b.magic_hornets_basketball_lasg108.jpg

Fixed

Back
Top Bottom