What's Some Good Country/Blues Music?

I'll probably get flamed, but I don't care. 
I was listening to some old Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Sr., and Leadbelly, and I've realized that country/blues music is the *+#%. 
I was just wondering if any of you knew any good music of this genre, or anything similar. 

By good, I'm not talking about Taylor Swift or any of that Billboard/Grammy stuff, I'm talking about like old classics. 

I'll probably get flamed, but I don't care. 
I was listening to some old Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Sr., and Leadbelly, and I've realized that country/blues music is the *+#%. 
I was just wondering if any of you knew any good music of this genre, or anything similar. 

By good, I'm not talking about Taylor Swift or any of that Billboard/Grammy stuff, I'm talking about like old classics. 

I don't know that much about country, but I really only like classic country

dude's missing out on some great story telling/clever writing, if they ain't messing with classic country

These 2 song will have you like 
eek.gif

Reeba McIntyre- Fancy
Reeba McIntyre- The Night the Lights Went out In Georgia

Johnny Cash- 1 Piece at a Time (just get you a Johnny Cash Greatest hits cd and 
pimp.gif
)

and Jerry Reed (the coach from Waterboy)

Jerry Reed- Uptown Poker Club

Jerry Reed- When You're Hot, You're Hot

Jerry Reed, Dolly Parton- She Got the Goldmine, I Got the Shaft

Jerry Reed- Amos Moses

Jerry Reed- Lord Mr. Ford

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jerry Reed- KoKo Joe[/font]

Johnny Cash- Hey Porter

Johnny Cash- Folsom Prison Blues

Johnny Cash- Delia's Gone

Dolly Parton- Coat of Many Colors

Jeane C. Riley- Harper Valley PTA

Tammy Wynette- D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

Hank Williams SR.- Just Waitin

Hank Williams Sr.- I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

don't know who sings it originally but- I had but 50 cents
cd-cover.jpg

I don't know that much about country, but I really only like classic country

dude's missing out on some great story telling/clever writing, if they ain't messing with classic country

These 2 song will have you like 
eek.gif

Reeba McIntyre- Fancy
Reeba McIntyre- The Night the Lights Went out In Georgia

Johnny Cash- 1 Piece at a Time (just get you a Johnny Cash Greatest hits cd and 
pimp.gif
)

and Jerry Reed (the coach from Waterboy)

Jerry Reed- Uptown Poker Club

Jerry Reed- When You're Hot, You're Hot

Jerry Reed, Dolly Parton- She Got the Goldmine, I Got the Shaft

Jerry Reed- Amos Moses

Jerry Reed- Lord Mr. Ford

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jerry Reed- KoKo Joe[/font]

Johnny Cash- Hey Porter

Johnny Cash- Folsom Prison Blues

Johnny Cash- Delia's Gone

Dolly Parton- Coat of Many Colors

Jeane C. Riley- Harper Valley PTA

Tammy Wynette- D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

Hank Williams SR.- Just Waitin

Hank Williams Sr.- I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

don't know who sings it originally but- I had but 50 cents
cd-cover.jpg

Some blues artists to check for are Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, John Hammond and B.B. King. Some country artists to check for are Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson. Also check out Ryan Adams' first album Heartbreaker, and Tom Waits' albums after Swordfishtrombones. That ought to get you started.

Some blues artists to check for are Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, John Hammond and B.B. King. Some country artists to check for are Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson. Also check out Ryan Adams' first album Heartbreaker, and Tom Waits' albums after Swordfishtrombones. That ought to get you started.

I'd recommend some Kid Rock... Check out Born Free, his self titled album, & some of Cocky fits into that catagory.

I'd recommend some Kid Rock... Check out Born Free, his self titled album, & some of Cocky fits into that catagory.

Back
Top Bottom