What's "success" mean to YOU...

This is an indirect spin off thread, but serious nonetheless

Is your success defined monetarily; by the people you influence; by what you accomplish -- or by some combination of the three?..

I think if you do a quick search you'll be able to find at least 2 recent threads on this exact same topic.

Originally Posted by OnTheMove13

Progressing, not failing, not giving up.
since im a college student i would say this applies most to what I believe in ... and also seeing my family members succeed makes me feel accomplished too

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

I think if you do a quick search you'll be able to find at least 2 recent threads on this exact same topic.

But I'm asking this time. Search that.

Originally Posted by LarryIndiana219

this makes no sense..

roll.gif

i never really understood why people caught feelings because there was a similar thread that already existed lol

Originally Posted by chris steez

i never really understood why people caught feelings because there was a similar thread that already existed lol
Word. As if who's asking the quetion doesn't effect the answer.... evidenced by Sir Smart !%# 's reply up there
laugh.gif

"sir smart $*@"
laugh.gif

Success to me is being able to lead a life that ma
kes you happy, also being able to buy the things you w
ant.

That's just a dim view of it, kinda tired don't feel like typing paragraphs.
smile.gif

Success to me is a combination of those three you mentioned.

I want to feel like I'm doing something important that satisfies me and makes other people happier or their lives easier.

The money means that I don't have to stress about what I can buy or when I can retire (My goal is to retire before I'm 40). I'd love to make my children never worry if their future profession will pay the rent, so it also gives them freedom to do whatever they want.

Word. As if who's asking the quetion doesn't effect the answer.... evidenced by Sir Smart !%# 's reply up there
laugh.gif
No need to catch feelings. I was just pointing out that their have been threads for the past few days on this topic. That is all.

laugh.gif
No need to catch feelings. I was just pointing out that their have been threads for the past few days on this topic. That is all.
I'm not catching feelings, that's just how I post. Ain't you never seen my threads? The music forum PYP? That was a good one. A mod banned me. A *%#$%$% mod banned me
smh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Success to me (well, this is based on me living in "The Matrix" if you will) is being able to live comfortably/have whatever I want, and taking advantage of the opportunities in this society while putting it to use for my benefit.[/color]

To me I think I means happiness and healthy financial success is important but what good is it if ur always stressed and in bad shape

success and happiness are NOT the same thing, FACT.
grin.gif

There are way too many successfully unhappy and happily unsuccessful people in the world.

success and happiness are NOT the same thing, FACT.
grin.gif

There are way too many successfully unhappy and happily unsuccessful people in the world.
How can you be successful, and not be happy? If you're a millionaire, but you're miserable, you might as well not be called 'successful'. As long as you're content with your own self, you're happy, so you're successful . Why should you care if you're not a lawyer, doctor, didn't go to college, or whatever..

Back
Top Bottom