What's the appeal with Disneyland?

mainly at the season pass holders (personally haven't gone since high school) but i see it on my stories and mostly co-workers talking about it,

just genuinely curious on the appeal all i really see is overpriced food, school me NT.......

im a male btw :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

and live in socal if that matters :nerd:

Disney literally takes your mind off all the bulls***.

I live in Florida. I’ve been Disney world over 30 times. Every time I go, it feels like my youth again.

I’m as macho as they come. Disney makes me sensitive.

Idgaf if a turkey leg is $15, if a small coke is $11, if an entree is $27. Disney is an EXPERIENCE like no other.

I don’t know, but Vanessa Bryant takes the kids on the regular. So often, that I’ve kinda lost the appeal to go one day lol.

But absolutely no knock on Vanessa doing so, definitely understand. 🙏🏾

What? Why does she affect whether or not you go somewhere?
She doesn’t, but Ive seen so much of it through her post and it looks boring, especially compared to Disney World, which I have been to before.

There was a reason I said “kinda”….

Yeah, I’m from up north where it’s a once every 5-10 years trip for me and I’m ok waiting until the next rotation. And that entire area and all the parks are all Disney World to me and my kids:lol:

But I have a few friends who live around there and just seem to go just because. And I’m also aware there’s tons of people on social media who make their entire profiles based around always being there. I ain’t mad at them for it but there’s definitely a sense of addiction to everything Disney with a lot of folks.

Been wondering if Orlando people are the same way and go a few times every month. Don’t think we have many Orlando nt’ers.

I’m about an hour outside Orlando. Took my kids to Disney for the first time last spring, and then again last month. Plan is to go about once a year.

Have friends that are passholders and go several times a month. People love it.

DL has a different appeal than DW. It’s smaller and easier to navigate, but you don’t feel like you’re missing out on any of the Disney “magic”. After going to DL I’d much rather go there than DW. The latter requires too much planning for my tastes. I like to show up and wander around, and with all the parks spread out at DW you can’t really do that. Plus the weather in FL is either hot as hell, raining or both. :lol:

I also love that you can walk out the gates at DL and you’re immediately in a functioning city with other things to do/see.

I was big into going to Disneyland when I lived in The OC. But the cost is just too much, especially with two kids.

Went last December for my son's 4th Birthday and although it was fun, but IDK if I'd go back anytime soon.

I have no desire to go without my kids. However, I love going with them just to see them being kids. With as much that goes on in the world coupled with kids "growing up faster" than in generations past, there's something special about them believing in the "magic" of Disney, etc.

mainly at the season pass holders (personally haven't gone since high school) but i see it on my stories and mostly co-workers talking about it,

just genuinely curious on the appeal all i really see is overpriced food, school me NT.......

im a male btw :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

and live in socal if that matters :nerd:
do you have kids?

i got some ppl i know from high school that are grown men with families and they go all the way from seattle. IMO no grown man should be at disney. **** goofy. but alas being a grown man worried about what any other man is doing is even goofier, so im aware, i just dont pay it no mind.

Been to Disneyland as a kid. Never cared for it and everything was always expensive. I preferred Knotts Berry Farm for the rides. Then I moved to New England. I had season passes for six flags in high school and a year in college. Would go multiple times per week during the summer and would just go to the water park and ride rollercoasters all day and eat the daily free season pass meal :pimp:

Disney literally takes your mind off all the bulls***.

I live in Florida. I’ve been Disney world over 30 times. Every time I go, it feels like my youth again.

I’m as macho as they come. Disney makes me sensitive.

Idgaf if a turkey leg is $15, if a small coke is $11, if an entree is $27. Disney is an EXPERIENCE like no other.
DisneyLAND and DisneyWORLD does not compare tho. Disney World is a city in Florida at this point.

That marketing power is real

The 90s TGIF sitcoms all had episodes based around Disney Land/Disney World…most memorable being Family Matters for me.

Dunno when exactly Disney bought ABC but they sure had me wanting to go after seeing those eps :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom