Whats the Beef with Coldplay?

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by T i c a l

Originally Posted by Pitman13

the fact that Coldplay put some of the best music in the past decade.

If you really believe that I think you need to broaden your horizons because that's one of the most erroneous statements I've ever seen on Niketalk.

To me all of their songs sound extremely similar and, as someone said, they all walk around like they're the best thing since sliced bread.  If you're going to be a pretentious, cocky band of douche bags at least make good music.

And for the record, Radiohead is above and beyond anything Coldplay could ever hope to be and in reality, Coldplay should be writing Radiohead royalty checks every time they get paid because it's sickening how much Chris wants to be Thom.

- Tical.
 Right on cue..I knew you'd be the one to say something..You have this "my opinion about rock is FACT because I'm one of the few white dudes in the music forum and that's ALL I listen to" attitude that's annoying...Dude stop..Just how you may think Coldplay is garbage, I think NIN and Trent are garbage..It's all subjective so quit actin like you're preaching gospel..

Well if you didn't notice, several people agreed with what I said in here so while my opinion is obviously not fact, it's somewhat agreed upon, at least with this topic.

Beyond that, that is an incredibly ignorant statement you just made.  You wouldn't know me if I walked into a room wearing a shirt with my name on it, so please refrain from pretending to know anything about me, much less what music I listen to.  I have 18,664 songs in my iTunes; that's 54 days, 14 hours, and 13 minutes of music, and you think it's all rock?  I listen to everything from Tool and NIN to Miles Davis and John Coltrane to The Roots and Wu-Tang to George Strait and Dwight Yoakam to Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin to Chopin, Bach, and Mozart.  I don't think I should have to preface my posts with "IMO" every single time I want to say something when it's beyond obvious that what I'm saying is my opinion.  You should stop getting your little feelings hurt every time I say something you don't agree with because that's where your problem with me resides.  Clean the sand out of your vagina, untwist your pretty pink panties, and try not taking offense to everything I say.

- Tical.

Whoa whoa whoa, you're quick to defend yourself? You sure I'm the one that's upset? I didn't know a response online could get that deep into your skin..

Sorry bud, it takes a lot more than blatant ignorance and stupidity to get under my skin.  All I did there was refute your erroneous claim that I think my opinions are facts.

- Tical.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Isn't NikeTalker23 the same dude that blew the whistle and Enron'd the whole music forum in general?

You dudes are ignorant as hell...Please tell me how the music forum has changed? Don't worry I'll wait..

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

*Waits for the smug "radiohead is waay better" people*

but they are, tho

false

EL OH EL.

C'mon now son, you soundin real silly if you honestly think that coldplay is better than radiohead.
Its honestly a matter of opinion. IMO I like/think Coldplay is better. I just never really liked radiohead. but yall in here speaking like what you say is FACT. Fall back with that BS

Exactly - this forum hasn't changed one bit...

...everyone you took the stand and pointed fingers at has since been acquitted.

You lost...

...Hamsterdam won.

Originally Posted by ricky robot

I love Coldplay, but Radiohead is better.

unfair comparison....now if you compared U2 and Coldplay and picked one it might've made sense.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Originally Posted by ricky robot

I love Coldplay, but Radiohead is better.

unfair comparison....now if you compared U2 and Coldplay and picked one it might've made sense.
To be honest, I don't understand why the comparison was even made; their music differs greatly. Nevertheless, I enjoy Radiohead's music more than Coldplay's.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

I'm not saying they're the worst band ever because there's obviously worse stuff out there and I don't mind a few of their songs; all I'm saying is for some reason people think they're a hell of a lot better than they really are and if they themselves didn't think they were so amazing it wouldn't be as annoying. 

Modesty is a quality they severely lack, and I think their overconfidence is extremely unjustified.

- Tical.

those are the people who only listen to rap... when they hear some rock they like they automatically classify it as the best
laugh.gif
EXCATLY. I've BEEEN saying this and people always wanted to disagree...people swear, Mayer (who i love), Coldplay, Linkin Park, RHCP and MGMT are the best bands on the planet...
RHCP doesn't really belong in that statement.  They have been making great music for a while and probably can be considered one of the better bands to do it.

Originally Posted by rock55asu

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

I'm not saying they're the worst band ever because there's obviously worse stuff out there and I don't mind a few of their songs; all I'm saying is for some reason people think they're a hell of a lot better than they really are and if they themselves didn't think they were so amazing it wouldn't be as annoying. 

Modesty is a quality they severely lack, and I think their overconfidence is extremely unjustified.

- Tical.

those are the people who only listen to rap... when they hear some rock they like they automatically classify it as the best
laugh.gif
EXCATLY. I've BEEEN saying this and people always wanted to disagree...people swear, Mayer (who i love), Coldplay, Linkin Park, RHCP and MGMT are the best bands on the planet...
RHCP doesn't really belong in that statement.  They have been making great music for a while and probably can be considered one of the better bands to do it.
Word I read that sentence and wasn't gonna argue till I seen RHCP. Rock is the same as rap, the more popular the more hate.

Is there a way to like Coldplay while admitting that they're not that good?

Put me in that category.

I like some of Coldplay's songs, but they are pretty unoriginal.
And Radiohead>Coldplay
"Yellow" is similar to "Here" by Pavement
"Life in Technicolor" - "All Apologies" by Nirvana
"Viva La Vida" - Like ten other songs.

But RHCP are terrible.
Other than a few of their singles, all their songs sound exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom