What's the best Nike Football Cleat?

Here's the deal... I play flag football and I've been using soccer cleats for the mean time. Soccer cleats are light and supportive, no doubt but I'm starting to think about purchasing a football-specific cleat.

I play QB, WR, and DB so I need a light but awesome performance shoe.

Here's what I'm looking at (in order of preference, IMO):

1. Air Zoom Blade Pro TD
Combination of speed and power. The perfect all-around performance cleat.

2. Speed TD
Speed...

3. Vapor Jet TD
Speed #2

I know it's late in the football season but I figure a person can puchase whenever. What would you purchase?

mT

Well dude that's really up to you. If you are playing with a soccer cleat now and like the lightweight and the low cut/ then I would say go with the Vapor.

Also I don't know what what your flag football league is like but it is really that serious that you need to mention that you need speed and power? Don't fall victim to the shoe descritption's it's all sunshine up your @#%$.

Me personally, I hate low top cleats, not that I had bad ankles, but I liked having some support, the feeling of a shoe on your foot, so my choice would be the Blade, good looking shoe, might be able to still get colors, and it's a solid cleat.

Does the TD plate really matter to you? I perfer the D plate.
It's like a Mailman going for a walk on his day off​

The guy above me sounds a bit like my alter ego.. I agree on many points, but disagree on some.

I agree if u wear a Soccer Cleat and like it, then Vapors are for you. However, anyone wearing a soccer cleat CAN"T be a real football player.

There is no way I could imagine a football person not having an old pair of Cleats around til they transitioned to another pair..but I digress and thats another story!! lol

I couldn't wear Low Tops as a WR, but it depends on what type of Reciever you are. Plus where I disagree with The NOR, is Nike offers various cleats for various players depending on the performance level.

The Vapor has ZERO cushioning, and I couldn't see anyone heavy wearing them.

The Super Speed TD was one of the best Shoes Nike ever made and put it out two years in a row without changes. Thats rare.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

I knew someone was going to comment on the soccer cleats... haha... Sometimes you play with what you have. It's alright though. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I actually went ahead and purchased the Air Zoom Blade Pro TD (white/black) from NDC. I like the look. I'll play with that for a the rest of this season and maybe purchase a "D plate" next year.

What's the MAIN performance difference between the D and TD plates besides the actual cleat design? I see a ton of NFL players wear the TD plate on both grass and artificial grass.

Preference of field feel.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

The zoom Blade Pro TD is the best. I like the inner sockliner on the shoe.....

One more thing... I would buy the D plate version if they were offered in better color schemes. I know there's NikeID but I don't like the color placement options.

hey rockdeep.. do you know how the new super speed d's that are being released next year compare to the present ones..

i'm a speed guy.. i use the old football vapors now.. just didn't like the second version of them.. but i want something with a lil more cushion.. but i don't want it as bulky as the present super speed d's are

so i'm curious as to how the new ones will be.. cause from the lil i've seen of them (lsu receivers, nike team catalog) they look like a nice mix.. some cushion but still really light weight

Zoom Assasin. Game Over
holdin it down for all the fat peeps on NT

Wanted:
Jordan III Mocha's sz 11.
Jordan IV Mars Sz 11
Jordan V Fire Red Sz 11
Jordan Spiz'Ike Black Sz 11

Quote:
Speed TD

Very light weight and personally, I love them especially if i was a WR or DB
"My pimp game proper, my inf' aim proper
So run and I will hit you like Jeremiah Trotter