What's the definition of someone getting "dunked on?" Post examples...cause I'm confused

This is a spin off from last night (Courtney Lee on Lebron James), and also some discussions we've had in the past about the Starks dunk"over" Horace Grant and MJ...what exactly defines someone getting "dunked on?"� Are there different levels (courtney lee on LJ), or�doesthis example:

define the one and true way to dunk "on" someone?�

I'm confused because I�don't view�John Starks as dunking on MJ (but others do), but I CLEARLY see that Courtney Lee yammed on LBJ's dome lastnight....what's the debate?

��

kobe_bryant_dwight_howard.jpg

but Court did get Bron last night
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Lee went for the dunk.

Bron went for the block.

Lee won.

Bron got dunked on.

It's not that hard. I don't care where positioned, where near, where by, why by, what the F ever. If you jump up to block and the dunk goes thru, YOUGOT DUNKED ON.

One other example I might use, Gasol got dunked on by Nene in game 1. However, Gasol did not attempt to block the shot, or even act like he knew he wasplaying basketball, but since Nene was his man, and he let his man walk right down the floor and dunk uncontested while he watched in horror from 3 feet away,GASOL GOT DUNKED ON TOO, standing flat footed on the groud, 3 feet away.

That's the way I look at it.

I think there are varying degrees of getting dunked on

VC over Freddy type dunk is at the top then you got MJ on Ewing type dunks next and finally a dunk like C.Lee's from last night is the last degree ofgetting dunked on

Originally Posted by CP1708

Lee went for the dunk.

Bron went for the block.

Lee won.

Bron got dunked on.�

It's not that hard.� I don't care where positioned, where near, where by, why by, what the F ever.� If you jump up to block and the dunk goes thru, YOU GOT DUNKED ON.�

One other example I might use, Gasol got dunked on by Nene in game 1.� However, Gasol did not attempt to block the shot, or even act like he knew he was playing basketball, but since Nene was his man, and he let his man walk right down the floor and dunk uncontested while he watched in horror from 3 feet away, GASOL GOT DUNKED ON TOO, standing flat footed on the groud, 3 feet away.�

That's the way I look at it.�

Gotta disagree. If theres no contact, you didn't get dunked on.

There's a difference

Thats getting dunked on.

Not getting dunked on:

Originally Posted by dreClark

Bron got Yammed on.

It happens.

You jump enough, eventually someone is gonna catch you.
agreed. but he wasn't bodied in flight. he did lose his footing on the landing, so it always looks bad when you're not in control of yourbody at all times (in the air getting bodied/stumbling on the landing)

If you have to physically dunk over someone to score and/or make contact, that's dunking on someone.

Dunking "past" someone is not dunking on them.

Examples of dunking past someone: Starks in 93, Courtney Lee in gm 1.

To me, people are getting 'posterized' and 'embarrassed' confused with 'dunked on'.

To me, 'dunked on' simply means two things: you were in the area and you could have blocked it. You didn't, and that means you got dunked on.

Now, 'POSTERIZED' and 'EMBARRASSED', those are the things like, well, like the stuff posted in this thread, Kobe on Dwight, Vince over Weiss,LeBron on Duncan a few years ago, or Vince on Mourning, and then Vince on Mourning, and some more Vince on Mourning, and Vince on Mourning again. Those are allBEYOND just 'dunked on'; those are all 'posterized'.

LeBron got dunked on, like Fisher dunking on Iverson.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Burns1923

If you have to physically dunk over someone to score and/or make contact, that's dunking on someone.

Exactly

Im not familiar with the game above btwn kobe and Dwight (judging by the shoes it looks like around 04-05 season).

But, 23ska909red02, I would consider that getting dunked on. Dwight looks like he had the chance to contest the dunk, but instead chose to attempt to take thecharge, and ended up paying the price. Kobe didnt have a free lane, and dwight is not behind kobe. He is under, and making contact. He got dunked on in mybook.

Originally Posted by maxi320

Im not familiar with the game above btwn kobe and Dwight (judging by the shoes it looks like around 04-05 season).

But, 23ska909red02, I would consider that getting dunked on. Dwight looks like he had the chance to contest the dunk, but instead chose to attempt to take the charge, and ended up paying the price. Kobe didnt have a free lane, and dwight is not behind kobe. He is under, and making contact. He got dunked on in my book.

Keep it up. This thread is gonna get interesting. I would post some pics and videos, but work restricts it somehow.

Lee went for the dunk.

Bron went for the block.

Lee won.

Bron got dunked on.

It's not that hard. I don't care where positioned, where near, where by, why by, what the F ever. If you jump up to block and the dunk goes thru, YOU GOT DUNKED ON.

One other example I might use, Gasol got dunked on by Nene in game 1. However, Gasol did not attempt to block the shot, or even act like he knew he was playing basketball, but since Nene was his man, and he let his man walk right down the floor and dunk uncontested while he watched in horror from 3 feet away, GASOL GOT DUNKED ON TOO, standing flat footed on the groud, 3 feet away.

Thats awful logic.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

this.

For starters/for example I would say:

- Kobe over Dwight
- Jordan on Ewing
- Vince over Alozno (twice in the same game)
roll.gif

- Pippen over Ewing�(then tried to swing on him on the way down)
laugh.gif

To answer the question? YES, LeBron did get banged on...he tried to time the block and make it a highlight block. But now he is in Courtney Lee's Posterand this isn't the first time he got banged on (Nick Young).

But I would have to say this is the meanest I have seen anyone get banged on in a long time...This man Johnny Flynn is only 6-0ft 170lbs
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Lee went for the dunk.

Bron went for the block.

Lee won.

Bron got dunked on.

It's not that hard. I don't care where positioned, where near, where by, why by, what the F ever. If you jump up to block and the dunk goes thru, YOU GOT DUNKED ON.

One other example I might use, Gasol got dunked on by Nene in game 1. However, Gasol did not attempt to block the shot, or even act like he knew he was playing basketball, but since Nene was his man, and he let his man walk right down the floor and dunk uncontested while he watched in horror from 3 feet away, GASOL GOT DUNKED ON TOO, standing flat footed on the groud, 3 feet away.

Thats awful logic.
It's the truth though .

Courtney Lee could do that to anybody in any court in the damn US of A , & the whole audience will say "ohhhhh ___ got dunked on !"

If you jump out , contest a shot , put a hand up , anything like that when someone goes for a shot & the shot is successful ... you got dunked on .

Starks dunked on Horace .

If the shot is contested , you got yolked .. I don't care what anyone says .

When players dunk on somebody & their whole body is on them , they dunked over them .

Courtney Lee dunked on Lebron James last night ... take off the shades .

this topic seems pretty subjective.. i feel that if you get dunked ON.. there has to be contact and the defender has to at least be somewhat in front of thedunker.. for something to be ON something, it has to be on top (if an apple is ON a table, it's not beside or behind the table, it's on top).. so thedunker would have to be over the defender to some extent to be dunked ON.. that's my take.. Lee had a nice contested flush.. but i can't say that hefully dunked ON lebron

skips kicks:

This is a a prime exmple of NOT getting dunked on
Hell with that. That's 'dunked on'.

It's not 'posterized' or 'embarrassed', like 'He posterized Dwight,' but Dwight got dunkedon there.

Definitely.

Like I said, I think for some of you, 'posterized' and 'dunked on' are the same thing. For me, 'dunked on' simply means you were thereand you could have blocked it, but you didn't, but 'posterized' is just an embarrassment, like straight up over you and on you.

Back
Top Bottom