What's the diffce between KOBE V and the KOBE V make sense?

runningfishy

Banned
What's the diffce between KOBE V and the KOBE V make sense?

The KOBE V doesn't really talk about this.

well, make sense (M.S.) is just leather in replace of the flywire upper of the kobe V.  They share the same mid/outsole and cushioning (zoom air front and heel)+carbon fibre plate.

the make sense, i believe, have an XDR sole so you can get more life out of them if you use them outside.

Originally Posted by al3x89

the make sense, i believe, have an XDR sole so you can get more life out of them if you use them outside.
They both M.S. and the Vs used XDR in their outsoles.

this just doesn't make much sense to me.
grin.gif

From what i'm understanding they have a more durable sole so you can get more use of them outside.

What Al3x said.

Nike-Zoom-Kobe-V-Make-Sense-1.jpg

zkV "make sense" with XDR tag, and leather panel + stitching as opposed to flywire skins, and normal rubber on the zkv.
those are the differences.

correct me if i'm wrong but the regular zkV uses normal rubber (or even the less durable clear one) and not XDR?

cushioning + support (zoom, carbon, outrigger, external heel counter, traction pattern etc.) seem the same otherwise.

Originally Posted by offbad

Nike-Zoom-Kobe-V-Make-Sense-1.jpg

zkV "make sense" with XDR tag, and leather panel + stitching as opposed to flywire skins, and normal rubber on the zkv.
those are the differences.

correct me if i'm wrong but the regular zkV uses normal rubber (or even the less durable clear one) and not XDR?

cushioning + support (zoom, carbon, outrigger, external heel counter, traction pattern etc.) seem the same otherwise.

The Vs does have XDR outsole on them. and for the clear/transparent outsoles as on NIKEiD, it claimed to be more durable period.

From that image above they look like a cheaper version or a take down (yes i know they aren't, im just saying). I prefer the standard flywire ones myself.

The ZK5 and ZK5 M.S. look like they have the same midsole and outsole but they're actually different.

The MS midsole has a more distinct/carved out line around the midsole that the ZK5 doesnt have. The MS outsole is thicker. The outsole has a solid perimeter around the segmented heel. The ZK5 doesn't have thatThe outsole at the heel looks to sit more 'flush' with the exposed midsole. Same with the forefoot, it doesn't sit flush with the square patterned part of the outsole like the ZK5's does. Also, the 'flex' lines on the ZK5 are solid, but on the MS they are carved out. That's why the patch under the ball of the foot is painted differently.

For a 'take down', I like how they kept the carbon fiber and the heel counter (unlike other takedowns - 2K4 / Total Package). Is it 100% the same zoom air cushioning? I'd prefer it if they didn't try to "fake" the flywire and just left it plain or put some other design in that panel. I understand they are trying to make it look like the ZK5, but having non-functional stitching look like flywire just cheapens it.

Outsole differences are highlighted in yellow.

11m6wkw.jpg

kobe-v-black-5.jpg

good look Keon,

I would think that the M.S is more of a summer shoe that he will be rocking in the asia tours, as he did with the dream season. I don't think ALL Kobe V's are XDR unless on the box it has an 'X' beside the name. (I could be wrong though, just going on the Kobe IV's)

I remember seeing that the XDR was mainly released in Asia and if it was XDR it would have the tag like stated above.

Back
Top Bottom