whats the dumbest thing you broke up relations over? Vol. Petty gang

Never broken up cuz im a big time simp
but i have gotten into plenty of arguments over dumb things

but what are some petty reasons yall done broke up with a man or woman?
lettuc hear dem stories

There is so much to this story for it all to make sense, but my ex just recently "broke up" with me because we went out on our 3-year anniversary for brunch. When the check came I obviously picked up the tab, she asked how much it was and then offered to help pay, I told her "it's up to you" and she got extremely upset. More background to that but that was pretty much "the last straw". This was right before Xmas, and we still were "together" exchanged gifts went to extended family's house, etc., and it seemed like nothing was wrong. She stopped talking to me cold turkey after that weekend. Tried reaching out several times, she ghosted me every time. Only to find out that two weeks later she was already with another dude, before ever even telling me that we were "done". Then tried to say that we had been broken up since our anniversary when I confronted her and dude when I caught them together.

There is so much to this story for it all to make sense, but my ex just recently "broke up" with me because we went out on our 3-year anniversary for brunch. When the check came I obviously picked up the tab, she asked how much it was and then offered to help pay, I told her "it's up to you" and she got extremely upset. More background to that but that was pretty much "the last straw". This was right before Xmas, and we still were "together" exchanged gifts went to extended family's house, etc., and it seemed like nothing was wrong. She stopped talking to me cold turkey after that weekend. Tried reaching out several times, she ghosted me every time. Only to find out that two weeks later she was already with another dude, before ever even telling me that we were "done". Then tried to say that we had been broken up since our anniversary when I confronted her and dude when I caught them together.
She was gone already. Just looking for any excuse. Cold world. The signs were probably there. You just didn't peep.

She was gone already. Just looking for any excuse. Cold world. The signs were probably there. You just didn't peep.

Yeah for sure, it definitely makes sense now, just sucks someone can do that to you after three years together (I know people do the same or worse after longer together), when you gave them all you had. I'm sure the major age difference didn't help either. She fleeced me for those Xmas gifts though, probably spent around $300 on her and she got me a jacket that didn't fit (that she said we could exchange which obviously never happened) some pajama pants and a pack of socks from TJMaxx :rofl:What's even worse though is that she still lived with her parents, right across the street from my parents' house.

Dude was in the picture on the side for a minute already.

Dude was in the picture on the side for a minute already.

Yup, unfortunately, and I was the one always being accused of being into other girls. Never thought she'd pull that after making it a point that she had been cheated on in the past.

cold turkey after 3 years though. that's ****ed up.

Really was, she was just too immature, I'll miss her family the most. Obviously with the age difference I had long term plans for her., and I'm glad I found out who she really was before proposing or anything like that. This all just happened so it's super fresh, it's been tough but just how it went down is why it has been so hard. Funny enough after one week she reached out for my help cause there was a gas leak in her house and she didn't know what to do. Like an idiot I helped her, we talked the next day like nothing was wrong and then the day after that she started ghosting me again haha.

Last edited:
Damn Ronaldo...

I could probably write a nice little book on our relationship, it was pretty toxic looking back on it, lots of double standards and a lot of me putting in a lot of effort only to not get the same effort back. Doesn't help that she started her own business in 2019 and got engulfed in that. But I guess that's how we learn right? I'm 32 and that was my first and only GF ( got together when I was 29 and she was 20) so the entire experience was new to me. I was too used to flying solo so after three years its a shock to be back like this.

I could probably write a nice little book on our relationship, it was pretty toxic looking back on it, lots of double standards and a lot of me putting in a lot of effort only to not get the same effort back. Doesn't help that she started her own business in 2019 and got engulfed in that. But I guess that's how we learn right? I'm 32 and that was my first and only GF ( got together when I was 29 and she was 20) so the entire experience was new to me. I was too used to flying solo so after three years its a shock to be back like this.
Dont waste time on anyone that doesnt respect you.

Smashed a couple times, then they became ugly to me.

Was dealing with this chick that I stayed with "part-time". Even when I stayed at the crib she would pull up out of nowhere. I dead *** started a fight everyday for a week so I could go home.

Smashed a couple times, then they became ugly to me.

Was dealing with this chick that I stayed with "part-time". Even when I stayed at the crib she would pull up out of nowhere. I dead *** started a fight everyday for a week so I could go home.
Damn. That Gotta be some form of volutary kidnapping.

This one chick called me back to back 17 times.

Then started blowing me up via text asking why I wasn’t picking up and who I was with.

Funny thing was that I was picking up something for her that I wanted to surprise her with, by myself.

I put what I had picked up for her on a shelf at the store and walked out.

Sat in my car for a few min, scrolled through her irate and accusatory texts. Put my phone down she started calling again.

I finally picked up and asked if someone had kidnapped her or if it was an urgent emergency. She said “no I just wanted to know why you weren’t picking up”.

I hung up and never spoke to her again.

This one chick called me back to back 17 times.

Then started blowing me up via text asking why I wasn’t picking up and who I was with.

Funny thing was that I was picking up something for her that I wanted to surprise her with, by myself.

I put what I had picked up for her on a shelf at the store and walked out.

Sat in my car for a few min, scrolled through her irate and accusatory texts. Put my phone down she started calling again.

I finally picked up and asked if someone had kidnapped her or if it was an urgent emergency. She said “no I just wanted to know why you weren’t picking up”.

I hung up and never spoke to her again.
Thread title says dumb/petty. This isnt either, this was a valid reason. You dodged a bullet.

Back
Top Bottom