What's the Easiest Sport?

I would say the easiest is football, if you can run and take a hit you can play football

I think the hardest is hitting a baseball...

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Soccer is the easiest sport to be moderately good at, but in terms of anything above that its hard.

Its the easiest at a recreational level.  Thats it.
You could say that for Football, at the rec level (without pads).

Soccer is hard, anyone who says it isn't has never played.  I played at the HS level and that was enough for me.  I should take up the invites I get, since I'm really out of shape and running/jogging does not interest me.  Playing hoops or soccer is the only way to run for me
laugh.gif
frown.gif
Nah, football is MUCH harder to play at a recreational level.  The skills of throwing and catching and more difficult to learn than kicking.

I think football is actually the hardest sport to play recreation wise.
So you think it's just kicking
laugh.gif

Even at the rec level you have to dribble up the field, pass and kick the ball into the net.

While not everyone can throw a football, not everyone is a QB at the rec level either (Although many try
laugh.gif
).  When I played intramurals in college, it was cake.  Catching is catching, and it's easier when you know you are not going to get hit.

Hardest to play at the rec level is Baseball, you still need the skill to field the ball, and hit the ball.  On top of throwing and catching.

Recreational isnt just intramurals.  It encompasses much more than that.  Recreational includes people who play for fun/leisure and that means people who have never played before, played a few times and people who play all the time.  Also, just because you thought it was cake in college doesnt mean it is.

You made soccer seem harder by saying that its more than kicking by claiming that it also includes dribbling the ball (kicking), passing (kicking), and kicking it into the net (kicking).  Then you said that "catching is catching" making it seem like its something thats incredibly easy.  That doesnt make sense.

I do agree with baseball though, I forgot about that one.

the easiest sport is the one you:
1) spend the most time at
and/or
2) have the most god given talent in

This dude was tryin be a clown probably but I actually do think there is some argument that soccer is one of the easier sports to play of the general ones.

If you've been playing your whole life and are good, it can come so natural and effortless.

I'd give a nod to football as being one of the more difficult sports given you have to be so in tune physically and mentally.

Boxing is probably the hardest imo.

Golf is also *alien face*

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

and/or

You missed the point, didnt you?

and/or

i dont think so....i mean, anyone has a very valid argument for their sport of preference, so thats my answer. 

to the guy who said basketball...i would say basketball is incredibly tough to play if you get into detail, but to me, it is pretty damn easy because i take my %*# to the gym and work at it. i am shooting 45% from the arc for my high school career (soph and junior years so far) because i practice. i think that validates my answer

Soccer is the easiest sport to be moderately good at, but in terms of anything above that its hard.

Its the easiest at a recreational level.  Thats it.
laugh.gif
.. Somebody said soccer is just Kicking. Ha.. That's like saying baseball is just hitting and throwing.  The Mechanics of making different kinds of passes, shooting etc with your foot, makes it very difficult to just pick up..  You can't just buy a soccer ball, Kick it and say I'm as good as Ronaldo.  NO.. You need footwork like crazy, balance, speed, awareness.  It's So much that goes into it. 

I say the easiest is being a Punter in Football.  That, you just punt with your laces and hope you don't have to tackle 
roll.gif

and/or

No he didn't.  He's saying that the easiest sport to pick up depends on the person.  It's different for everyone. 

But if you wanna play percentages dodgeball is prolly the easiest to pick up. 
roll.gif

Basketball if you had to narrow it down.

Run around with your man on D, grab the ball off the board, pass the ball if you ever get it, etc. Takes like 5 seconds to learn how to set a pick.

Now, your team might get ran because you're playing 4 on 5 on O, might get abused on D, but you can pick anybody off the street to get a game going on.

If you are coordinated and athletic, you are a good soccer player. The same cannot be said for other sports. (obviously Im not talking about playing at the highest level)

with the point made above me, is the real question-what is the easiest sport to be good/successful at? or what is the easiest sport to play?

anyone can play basketball. but if you make it seem as easy as franchise3 did, soccer is easier than basketball, you run, kick, walk, run, walk, run, kick, elbow someone, run, run, run, kick, walk, run, run, walk, run, run, run, elbow someone, run, kick.

then you have to throw the knowledge of the game into it, which complicates the whole game.
after you take that part into consideration for all sports, the likely favorite would be football imo. not much extensive thinking involved other than repitition of plays.

I must re-iterate this...if you think soccer is the easiest sport then you are sadly mistaken.

There are many aspects of soccer that make it a difficult sport.

First of all, its much more difficult to handle a ball with your feet than it is with your hands (like in football, basketball, soccer...even hockey you control the puck using your hands).

Secondly, soccer is pretty much the only sport where you are required to use both your strong leg and weak leg. In basketball if you are right-handed, you never have to shoot with your left...in baseball you swing and throw with your dominant arm...in football you throw with your dominant arm...in hockey you pass/shoot with your dominant arm doing most of the work. In soccer you must be able to dribble, pass and shoot with both feet.

Third, people often overlook the importance of off-ball movement in soccer. Soccer is all about moving into the correct position on the pitch without the ball and then making something happen when you get it. The best players (whether you're playing with friends or professionally) are usually the smartest players, not necessarily the most athletic. They know where the ball is going to go and they have the skill to do whatever they want with the ball. I like the Wayne Gretzky quote where he says something like "A good hockey player knows where the puck is but a great hockey player knows where the puck is going to be". The same goes with soccer...this type of intuitive skill is very rare and only the best players have it.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

making a left-footed cross even though you're right footed...

Made the best cross I've ever done with my left foot
pimp.gif
I was hyped for the rest of the day after I did it
laugh.gif

I remember I made a goal from about 30 yards out with my left foot, almost immediately after I made it I asked coach to take me out for I wont ruin the rest of my week.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I must re-iterate this...if you think soccer is the easiest sport then you are sadly mistaken.

First of all, its much more difficult to handle a ball with your feet than it is with your hands (like in football, basketball, soccer...even hockey you control the puck using your hands).

Secondly, soccer is pretty much the only sport where you are required to use both your strong leg and weak leg. In basketball if you are right-handed, you never have to shoot with your left...in baseball you swing and throw with your dominant arm...in football you throw with your dominant arm...in hockey you pass/shoot with your dominant arm doing most of the work. In soccer you must be able to dribble, pass and shoot with both feet.

Third, people often overlook the importance of off-ball movement in soccer. Soccer is all about moving into the correct position on the pitch without the ball and then making something happen when you get it. The best players (whether you're playing with friends or professionally) are usually the smartest players, not necessarily the most athletic. They know where the ball is going to go and they have the skill to do whatever they want with the ball. I like the Wayne Gretzky quote where he says something like "A good hockey player knows where the puck is but a great hockey player knows where the puck is going to be". The same goes with soccer...this type of intuitive skill is very rare and only the best players have it.
This + so much more. Heading the ball, chesting the ball, controlling a long cross with your feet, dribbling past a defender... all these are skills that take years to develop. Just kicking a ball with force and precision is SO MUCH HARDER than it looks. You can't just swing your leg at it, you have to know where to plant your foot, which part of your striking foot to use, which part of the ball to strike, etc. etc. etc.
You're ignorant as hell if you think soccer is any "easier" than basketball or baseball or football. 

i dont think so....i mean, anyone has a very valid argument for their sport of preference, so thats my answer.

You did miss the point though.  The question isnt "whats the easiest sport for you to play", its simply "whats the easiest sport".

No he didn't.  He's saying that the easiest sport to pick up depends on the person.  It's different for everyone. 
Duh.  The question is about everyone as a whole, not each person individually.

Firstof all, its much more difficult to handle a ball with your feet than itis with your hands (like in football, basketball, soccer...even hockeyyou control the puck using your hands).

Secondly, soccer ispretty much the only sport where you are required to use both yourstrong leg and weak leg. In basketball if you are right-handed, younever have to shoot with your left...in baseball you swing and throwwith your dominant arm...in football you throw with your dominantarm...in hockey you pass/shoot with your dominant arm doing most of thework. In soccer you must be able to dribble, pass and shoot with bothfeet.

Third, people often overlook the importance of off-ballmovement in soccer. Soccer is all about moving into the correctposition on the pitch without the ball and then making something happenwhen you get it. The best players (whether you're playing with friendsor professionally) are usually the smartest players, not necessarilythe most athletic. They know where the ball is going to go and theyhave the skill to do whatever they want with the ball. I like the WayneGretzky quote where he says something like "A good hockey player knowswhere the puck is but a great hockey player knows where the puck isgoing to be". The same goes with soccer...this type of intuitive skillis very rare and only the best players have it.

Are you confusing "easy" with "easiest"?  I think you are.  Youre talking about small details of the game.  Youre a soccer player so obviously youre going to be biased, but as far as simply PLAYING the game at a beginner level soccer is the easiest.  Is it EASY?  No, but its the easiest.
laugh.gif
..Somebody said soccer is just Kicking. Ha.. That's like saying baseballis just hitting and throwing.  The Mechanics of making different kindsof passes, shooting etc with your foot, makes it very difficult to justpick up..  You can't just buy a soccer ball, Kick it and say I'm asgood as Ronaldo.  NO.. You need footwork like crazy, balance, speed,awareness.  It's So much that goes into it.
If its not just kicking, what is it?  Of course theres different kinds of passes, but its still KICKING the ball.  I never said that just kicking the ball would make you a professional level player.

You really missed my point.

In soccer, you could very well be one on one, on an island, trying to defend somebody dribbling going to kick for a goal. Good luck trying to keep up.

In basketball at least if you get beat off the dribble, the defense can collapse and you could get bailed out.

Can't be soccer. See: Carlos's post

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

laugh.gif
at Soccer Fans getting mad. Soccer Sucks
laugh.gif

I've never even played soccer, but it doesn't suck at all.
World Cup 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And I agree, soccer is for sure NOT the easiest.

There isn't an easiest sport.  /Thread 

Back
Top Bottom