What's the Easiest Sport?

lets say this first...there is NOT a easy sport but the easiest just to play is most likely soccer but at a high level is very tough

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

Soccer.

indifferent.gif

If it's easy, it's easy on both sides? Which means it can't be easy because it's just as easy for the other person. ya dig.

Playing a sport is easy but perfecting a sport is a whole different story so you could never tell.

Playing WR. My friend, a freak of an athlete, started playing football Sophomore year of h.s. Never played before, no real understanding of the game -- he just ran really fast and jumped very high. He went on to play at a DII school.

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

Soccer.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You've never played soccer before. Shooting the ball while running at full speed...being trapped in a corner and still coming away with the ball...making a left-footed cross even though you're right footed...getting past 2 defenders and then curling a shot around a charging goalkeeper...all really easy things to do.

I love football but I think its the easiest sport to get into. If you're big and fat, you can become an OT or D-lineman. If you're athletic and strong you can be a RB, LBer, etc. If you're fast you can be a receiver or play in the secondary. It requires the least amount of skill out of the major sports but it requires a ton of athletic ability.

Soccer is the easiest sport to be moderately good at, but in terms of anything above that its hard.

Its the easiest at a recreational level.  Thats it.

Basketball or playing defense on Football is one of the easier things to pick up and somewhat know what you are doing

But a higher level of Defense, like Recognizing formations, plays, seeing audibles from offense and adjusting your team to that is alot harder.

No sport to play at the highest level is easy. But anything below that, soccer is the easiest. (skill wise, not how good of shape you need to be in)

It depends on your body size and endurance.

Football is the easiest if you are just...big.
Soccer can be pretty easy to pick up if you've got a motor that never stops.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Soccer is the easiest sport to be moderately good at, but in terms of anything above that its hard.

You could say that for Football, at the rec level (without pads).

Soccer is hard, anyone who says it isn't has never played.  I played at the HS level and that was enough for me.  I should take up the invites I get, since I'm really out of shape and running/jogging does not interest me.  Playing hoops or soccer is the only way to run for me
laugh.gif
frown.gif

I hate soccer but it's by no means easy. I'd say fapping is probably the easiest (and most enjoyable) sport.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Soccer is hard, anyone who says it isn't has never played.  I played at the HS level and that was enough for me.  I should take up the invites I get, since I'm really out of shape and running/jogging does not interest me.  Playing hoops or soccer is the only way to run for me
laugh.gif
frown.gif
Nah, football is MUCH harder to play at a recreational level.  The skills of throwing and catching and more difficult to learn than kicking.

I think football is actually the hardest sport to play recreation wise.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

making a left-footed cross even though you're right footed...

Made the best cross I've ever done with my left foot
pimp.gif
I was hyped for the rest of the day after I did it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif
frown.gif
Nah, football is MUCH harder to play at a recreational level.  The skills of throwing and catching and more difficult to learn than kicking.

I think football is actually the hardest sport to play recreation wise.
So you think it's just kicking
laugh.gif

Even at the rec level you have to dribble up the field, pass and kick the ball into the net.

While not everyone can throw a football, not everyone is a QB at the rec level either (Although many try
laugh.gif
).  When I played intramurals in college, it was cake.  Catching is catching, and it's easier when you know you are not going to get hit.

Hardest to play at the rec level is Baseball, you still need the skill to field the ball, and hit the ball.  On top of throwing and catching.

pretty much no sport is easy.
That's not what the discussion is about.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I love football but I think its the easiest sport to get into. If you're big and fat, you can become an OT or D-lineman. If you're athletic and strong you can be a RB, LBer, etc. If you're fast you can be a receiver or play in the secondary. It requires the least amount of skill out of the major sports but it requires a ton of athletic ability.
Agreed.  For a lot of positions in Football there is almost no cordination involved.

Back
Top Bottom