What's the Easiest Sport?

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Ok, then how about we all agree that this thread is pointless!
laugh.gif
This.

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Do you realize how much you have to run playing soccer?
laugh.gif

Anyone can run, it doesn't take skill.
You, sir obviously have never seen or played soccer in your life. Try playing soccer against 21 other guys in a field that are going hard and you tell us if you still think it's easy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I must re-iterate this...if you think soccer is the easiest sport then you are sadly mistaken.

There are many aspects of soccer that make it a difficult sport.

First of all, its much more difficult to handle a ball with your feet than it is with your hands (like in football, basketball, soccer...even hockey you control the puck using your hands).

Secondly, soccer is pretty much the only sport where you are required to use both your strong leg and weak leg. In basketball if you are right-handed, you never have to shoot with your left...in baseball you swing and throw with your dominant arm...in football you throw with your dominant arm...in hockey you pass/shoot with your dominant arm doing most of the work. In soccer you must be able to dribble, pass and shoot with both feet.

Third, people often overlook the importance of off-ball movement in soccer. Soccer is all about moving into the correct position on the pitch without the ball and then making something happen when you get it. The best players (whether you're playing with friends or professionally) are usually the smartest players, not necessarily the most athletic. They know where the ball is going to go and they have the skill to do whatever they want with the ball. I like the Wayne Gretzky quote where he says something like "A good hockey player knows where the puck is but a great hockey player knows where the puck is going to be". The same goes with soccer...this type of intuitive skill is very rare and only the best players have it.

Agreed

soccer..? ahah, yea right. Soccer is one of the harder sports to play. just controlling the ball is hard enough, let alone crossing with the opposite foot, shooting accurately, chesting, etc. Moreover, it's a very intense workout.

as for easiest, I'd have to say football. Reason: football is the sport which most relies on athleticism, and caters to personal needs. Almost any decent athlete can play football (at some position or another), but the same thing can not be said about the other sports. As long as you can catch, or run fast, throw well, or are big enough, then some aspect of football will cater to you.

then I'd have to go with basketball.

Are we talking about all sports? Or just the most popular sports?

Because if its all sports then I think BMX and NASCAR don't take that much to be good at.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Soccer is the easiest sport to be moderately good at, but in terms of anything above that its hard.

Its the easiest at a recreational level.  Thats it.
You could say that for Football, at the rec level (without pads).

Soccer is hard, anyone who says it isn't has never played.  I played at the HS level and that was enough for me.  I should take up the invites I get, since I'm really out of shape and running/jogging does not interest me.  Playing hoops or soccer is the only way to run for me
laugh.gif
frown.gif
Nah, football is MUCH harder to play at a recreational level.  The skills of throwing and catching and more difficult to learn than kicking.

I think football is actually the hardest sport to play recreation wise.
You serious? We learn to use our hands our entire lives... our hand eye coordination will always be much greater than our feet-eye (made up term?) coordination.

There's a reason no one can pick up soccer late and be really good. Now, name all the pro athletes in football/basketball who picked up the sport competitively towards the end of the teenage years.
I'll wait.

How can Soccer be easy. that statement has me stumped. At a recreational level, it has to be Football. Flag football? lol.. Just run and get open , or aim and pull at the flag
tongue.gif
.. There end of discussion

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

or right field.
Hitting a 86 miles per hour breaking ball>>anything in sports.  Hitting is by requires the most skill of anything.

let me re-phrase it. its the easiest position. traditionally.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Soccer is the easiest sport to be moderately good at, but in terms of anything above that its hard.

Its the easiest at a recreational level.  Thats it.
You could say that for Football, at the rec level (without pads).

Soccer is hard, anyone who says it isn't has never played.  I played at the HS level and that was enough for me.  I should take up the invites I get, since I'm really out of shape and running/jogging does not interest me.  Playing hoops or soccer is the only way to run for me
laugh.gif
frown.gif
Nah, football is MUCH harder to play at a recreational level.  The skills of throwing and catching and more difficult to learn than kicking.

I think football is actually the hardest sport to play recreation wise.
You serious? We learn to use our hands our entire lives... our hand eye coordination will always be much greater than our feet-eye (made up term?) coordination.

There's a reason no one can pick up soccer late and be really good. Now, name all the pro athletes in football/basketball who picked up the sport competitively towards the end of the teenage years.
I'll wait.
Hand eye coordination isnt something that is taught to everyone.  Hand eye coordination is MUCH tougher to learn than connecting on a kick.  Hand eye coordination needs to be taught, but look at every child/young person, they all know how to kick.  They may not be great at it, but they know how to kick something.

Again, no one is saying anything about being really good.  Its just about playing the sport.  The question doesnt revolve around professional athletes as well so you and everyone else who is talking about pro athletes doesnt understand the question.

Theres also a reason why youth soccer is such a huge sport. 

How can Soccer be easy. that statement has me stumped. At arecreational level, it has to be Football. Flag football? lol.. Justrun and get open , or aim and pull at the flag
tongue.gif
So in football all you have to do is run and get open?  Thats it?  Only get open?

Soccer is the easiest??
laugh.gif

No point in arguing with ignoramuses who really think this, because they obviously don't know the sport and have never played it. Otherwise they wouldn't be making this stupid comment.

You don't have the slightest idea of how something as basic as dribbling is difficult in soccer when you're playing on a high level. It's more difficult than anything where you get to use your hands.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

this fool right here striaght DANCING on this guys.�
pimp.gif
�
sick.gif

This just proves how hard soccer is.  This guy is apparently one of the elite ballhandlers in the soccer leagues and he does so much work to get around guys. 

And the easiest sport to pick up for anyone is track lol. 

not at a high level,i'd say basketball is the easiest sport to play...

for soccer,one still has to learn the basic skill of trapping the ball...
i've seen dudes look like ******s when the ball goes through their legs or roll over the foot each time someone makes a pass to them...
laugh.gif

and baseball is crazy hard...i remembered not being able to hit the ball at all when a lobbed throw
laugh.gif
 was aimed at me...
smh.gif

Id have to say either baseball or some positions in football... such as Running Back, D Line or O line... because those are just based on a lot of physical attributes and a lot of altheticism

Football is the easiest sport to play and understand, however,
it is pretty hard to be good at it.
You need a good body and athletic abilities.

Originally Posted by NYVictory45

I hate soccer but it's by no means easy. I'd say fapping is probably the easiest (and most enjoyable) sport.

lol what? U compete with your friends or something?
I'd say curling is pretty easy

There's offsides in soccer and such. It's much more complex than just run and kick.

Basketball, you don't even have to dribble to play. At the very worst, just run around with your man on D.

The funny thing about this thread is that most of the people who have said soccer have prefaced it by saying that soccer is NOT easy. Yet soccer enthusiasts continue to get butt hurt and list reasons why soccer is not easy. NO ONE SAID IT WAS EASY. My opinion is that, as far as skills go, it is the easiEST.

How can Soccer be easy. that statement has me stumped. At arecreational level, it has to be Football. Flag football? lol.. Justrun and get open , or aim and pull at the flag
tongue.gif
So in football all you have to do is run and get open?  Thats it?  Only get open?

Do you see where I put "flag football"  If anyone draws up plays or blocking schemes in flag football then you are just trying too hard lol.  Easiest sport right there. 

Back
Top Bottom