Whats the male equivalent to a 'girl with daddy issues'?

Maybe not a man with mother issues, but possibly a man who has trust issues with women.

What dudes with mommy issues?  Naw nevermind..

A dude with "daddy issues"would be a momma's boy? Right?

Last edited:
I thought the closest thing was a momma's boy.

The way I see it too many sons have unresolved issues with their fathers. Thing is they go unaddressed for multiple reasons and are ignored/buried deep down and the consequences of that aren't as apparent as they are with a female.

Is the opposite a dude with mommy issues or a dude with daddy issues?

I've seen the whole "she got issues because her dad wasnt around...." it never crossed my mind that guys could possibly have similar issues too. I asked my coworker and she just told me Oedipus complex. I've met girls who will admit they have dad issues and can pin point their signs. Its rare you ever hear a guy say what his issues are and why.
The way NTers love that Fresh Prince of Bel Air Father's Day ep there's no way dudes don't have daddy issues. Comes down to "Why he don't want me man?". It just doesn't get talked about. Dudes kinda give that unspoken acknowledgement just by appreciating the ep so much (don't get me wrong you can appreciate the show and not have daddy issues, my father's raised me and I love the ep for it's message).

Last edited:
a dude with mommy issues is the only thing that comes to mind..

basically these dudes ultimately end up with a woman with similar traits to that of their mother..several members on the site come to mind.

these guys are super sensitive and often need to hear compliments and are very insecure.

kanye is the perfect example..

Last edited:
well since you brought it up..

Dudes who get no yambs because they never had a father to teach them how to approach and talk with women.  Damn, thats most of NT right there

I've seen the whole "she got issues because her dad wasnt around...." it never crossed my mind that guys could possibly have similar issues too. I asked my coworker and she just told me Oedipus complex. I've met girls who will admit they have dad issues and can pin point their signs. Its rare you ever hear a guy say what his issues are and why.
The way NTers love that Fresh Prince of Bel Air Father's Day ep there's no way dudes don't have daddy issues. Comes down to "Why he don't want me man?". It just doesn't get talked about. Dudes kinda give that unspoken acknowledgement just by appreciating the ep so much (don't get me wrong you can appreciate the show and not have daddy issues, my father's raised me and I love the ep for it's message).

lol.. Forgot about NT's love for that episode. In my case, I don't talk to my father, don't hate him, I just don't have any feelings towards him. Maybe when I was younger I'd feel a certain way like that episode but not at the age of 27. I feel like once you're able to identify the cause of an issue you no longer have an excuse to act out. Example. girls who decide to strip or prostitute. If she can tell me she's doing it because she didn't have love from her father I don't feel like she can use that as a crutch. Then again, I'm no doctor so I don't know. :lol:

lol.. Forgot about NT's love for that episode. In my case, I don't talk to my father, don't hate him, I just don't have any feelings towards him. Maybe when I was younger I'd feel a certain way like that episode but not at the age of 27. I feel like once you're able to identify the cause of an issue you no longer have an excuse to act out. Example. girls who decide to strip or prostitute. If she can tell me she's doing it because she didn't have love from her father I don't feel like she can use that as a crutch. Then again, I'm no doctor so I don't know.
laugh.gif
theres more girls with daddy issues , then there is strippers , a girl strips cause its an easy button to life .....trust me i have experience and credentials in this i can prove through our PM my boy lol .  EDIT to add , also theres tons of strippers whos fathers have always been there , still with strippers mom , have a real nice home , have a job for said stripper , have a car for said stripper , **** said stripper could prolly sit at home all day , alot of them literally enjoy the getting pimped / gorilla pimping lifestyle , the drugs are more influential then daddy issues , and the "easy money" aspect....daddy can be around and let YOU be at home and let YOU use a car......alot of girls in this situation will strip for a man , or for themselves and homegirls to get f'd up and live that junkie / stripper / lowlife style .....

Last edited:

:wow:

Dudes who get no yambs because they never had a father to teach them how to approach and talk with women.  Damn, thats most of NT right there
I wasn't aware your father was suppose to teach you how to get yambs. The way I see it once you develop a personality and get over shyness/nervousness you should be able to pick up on how to do it on your own through trial and error usually with your other male friends but maybe it's different in other regions. All I can say is I've learned a whole lot more from television and making a fool of myself than any info my father had to provide and it aint like he was a slouch with women. Plus he's never been an advocate of me running through women or the goal being just to get yambs :lol:

Last edited:
My dads sex talk consisted of
"you know you gotta...."(implied to use a condom but didn't say it
"Yeah dad I know."
"Oh aigght cool."

damn, thats kinda me right there
mean.gif

up until a few years ago especially
ohwell.gif
i was kind of like that, she wasnt anything like my mom but i liked that she treated me as if i was her everything and would do anything and everything to make me happy..

i was spoiled by her and babied...didnt have to do ish..i pulled this chick with no car or job and i didnt get my license until my 20's cuz of her..she treated me like a king..

i wasnt insecure but i had my issues with myself..

Back
Top Bottom