What's the point of leaking an album?

Discussion in 'Music' started by redman, Dec 27, 2009.

1. redman

redman

I was reading an article on Kevin Nottingham's blog about the different ways albums leak and I thought to myself does anyone besides the consumer benefitfrom leaking an album. Does anyone get paid to leak an album?

2. purplehazen

purplehazen

i think they get some money to. cause if its a hot artist you can sell it to the bootleggers and make litte tax free fortune. or it could just be forpromotional use only, but they gonna end up messing up alot of money

3. jthagreat

jthagreat

I feel for Lupe.... and the other artists. but it is what it is.

no point other than money i guess. cant really get props unless youre one of those RNS type groups....

4. agthekid

agthekid

I did till he started being a cry baby about it.

5. illfrozn

illfrozn

Of course, the person that leaks from the factory gets $$$, plus most likely access to pretty much whatever they want (movies, games, etc.). The release groupis seen as the go-to group for rips and their access increases to a whole bushel of crap ...

6. jthagreat

jthagreat

I mean tho, hes not a superstar. he dont sell a million records. So his income is through (performance)

man IDK i just think (and can tell) he puts a lot of work and effort in his craft and well wish him the monetary success...[​IMG]