whats the procedure on getting a car?

Hi, im thinking about getting a car soon, but im completely lost on what i have to do when im about to purchase a car, as my first car im going to buy a used car, so what will i have to do when im about to purchase it, i know its a good idea to check the car facts on it, but is there anything else i should do/check when the car is in front of me?

If the car is good and im going to purchase it, what will i have to do/ask/get etc. in terms of papers/title/pink-slip etc.?

After that what do i do after? register my car, licence, insurance? if someone can tell me step by step, how much will licience/insurance etc. will cost, it will really be helpful, Thanks

If you buy the car from a dealership, they take care of the work of registration of the car.

The pink slip is not issued to you until the car is fully paid off.

If you buy the car privately, you and the seller are responsible to transfer the pink slip.

You are responsible to getting the car insured in either case.

Originally Posted by CrAzYaBoUtJaYz

Hi, im thinking about getting a car soon, but im completely lost on what i have to do when im about to purchase a car, as my first car im going to buy a used car, so what will i have to do when im about to purchase it, i know its a good idea to check the car facts on it, but is there anything else i should do/check when the car is in front of me?

If the car is good and im going to purchase it, what will i have to do/ask/get etc. in terms of papers/title/pink-slip etc.?

After that what do i do after? register my car, licence, insurance? if someone can tell me step by step, how much will licience/insurance etc. will cost, it will really be helpful, Thanks

No one can tell you how much your insurance is going to cost except the insurance company..

bring a friend with you to the dealership and the both of you inspect the car inside and out. any little imperfection, bring it to the attention of the dealership. ie you see curb rash on the wheels, demand a couple hundred off the price or another set of wheels.

if you arent paying straight cash, finance through a credit union not through the dealerships finance company.

check the warranty on the car, recalls, if the major maintenance has been done on the car (60k, 90k, etc), etc.

good luck

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Carfax it.

roll.gif
roll.gif
at your avy, i remeber that game
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom