WHATS THE STORY BEHIND THESE XIVS?

Joined Mar 29, 2007
I saw these on ebay and wondring what the sory is behind them? Also, how much are they worth? Size 9.

I CAN'T THINK OF WHAT TO SAY IN MY SIG...​

Joined Sep 17, 2005
These were on eastbay back in 99 i think... I should have copped a pair :smh:
[hr][/hr]
TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Sleep is for the Weak

Joined Oct 15, 2006
^

affects.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

iamxtian

Banned
Joined Jul 24, 2006
NOT GR...notice how theyre the high cut. i believe these were somewhat limited if im not mistaken. the low cuts were GRs. someone correct me if im wrong.
TeamClippers​
It's not just a basketball team that needs you, it's an entire nation.​

blco02

Banned
Joined Apr 21, 2001
They released on Eastbay only for some reason-it was towards the end of the life cycle of the XIV's- they were not in stores.

Joined Mar 26, 2007
Actually, air-jordans.com says those are OG samples. The ones tht released in 1999 were low cut, and they never retroed em in that colorway in a mid.
THE WORLD IS YOURS​

Joined Apr 4, 2005
Joined Feb 3, 2006
my boy had a pair of those I didn't think they were special at all
Hype doesn't exist in my world of collecting sneakers...I'm just just having a lifelong love affair with kicks. -That line was too sick not to be my sig....Fly Jr.

Joined Dec 30, 2006
^No offense, but your boy may have had fakes unless he had some samples
TeaM​
GEORGIA SOLE
DEDICATION IS KEY Member #25- DWalk31
DeKalb County​

Joined Jan 10, 2002
THEY WERE NOT SAMPLES NOR WERE THEY GR.

Eastbay dropped them after all other XIV's and XIV Lows had already been released in 1999. They were never sold in stores only eastbay. No one knew exactly why, and no one at the time had a heads up on the release of this colorway. But they are legit. If you didn't get the eastbay catalog back then you have no place to comment. I can dig up and old copy and scan it and post the pic for proof if that's what you kids really need.
Ro22sS
www.DLX208.com
My Store's MySpace
My MySpace
My current eBay auctions

Joined Dec 30, 2006
I was always wondering about those, I knwo they were gonna retro them but they got scrapped. I always thought the were a UNC PE. Thats wild that only eastbay relased them. Anyone know why?

runningfishy

Banned
Joined Sep 25, 2005
I must admit, I learned something to day. It passed my eyes that the lows and highs were same, but I guess there was a difference.
-----
It is harsh !

Joined Jan 4, 2004
Like the guy above said, THEY ARE NOT SAMPLES!! Look at them, they have the regular tagging, regular box, regular everything. The only fact was that, that colorway was suppose to be made in a low cut version only. But when the factory started producing the high cut and that mistake was was put to attention, it was a little late, but not too late for the production to be cut instantly and continue with the low cut. So there was a small amount of High's released just like the low's, but were not as widely available. They were indeed released!!!! You can basically call them a OG Q/S. Only online source known to have had them was Eastbay, although wholesalers in the states also received them, hence probably being the reason that they were also available in downtown Brooklyn.

Next time, don't go posting a shoe that you know little about instantly as you see it on auction, posting it widely like that does affect the auction directly. Try askign friends first or maybe posting about it after the auction is over. Heck "Ask Seller a Question" would help directly. I only say that because I know/see that a few people in this thread are not too happy to have something exposed that they have their eyes on. Ya dig?

Joined Dec 22, 2005
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats a nice *** shoe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

indeeds

Joined Dec 25, 2006
thanks for the info solesupreme. i was never sure about that mid in that colorway.
i got some size 11 heat,deadstock. get at me

ijapino

Staff member
Joined Dec 14, 1999
Eastbay did have them on clearance starting at $99 then down to $59...However the rumor was that they were leftover player editions for North Carolina. That's why Eastbay only had a few regular sizes and a boatload of bigger sizes.

9-11 is a pretty rare find (if in fact real)...But you'll see these in alot of 13+ sizes.
Niketalkin' since December 15th, 1999!

HELP REPORT eBay Fake Listings!

Joined Dec 27, 2001
The most beautiful white/carolina blue Jordan ever.
Those were the UNC 14s that got released sometime around Christmans in 1999 i beleive on Eastbay.com only!
Bulgarian Kings
Syracuse Orange in the house!​
<---- :wink:

Joined Mar 26, 2007
thanks for all the info. i was wondering the whole story after i saw what air-jordans.com said. i would love to have a pair of those.
THE WORLD IS YOURS​

Top Bottom