WHATS THE STORY BEHIND THESE XIVS?

I saw these on ebay and wondring what the sory is behind them? Also, how much are they worth? Size 9.
96952822bh0.jpg

boxwg9.jpg

I CAN'T THINK OF WHAT TO SAY IN MY SIG...​

These were on eastbay back in 99 i think... I should have copped a pair :smh:
smh.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Sleep is for the Weak

^

affects.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

NOT GR...notice how theyre the high cut. i believe these were somewhat limited if im not mistaken. the low cuts were GRs. someone correct me if im wrong.
TeamClippers​
It's not just a basketball team that needs you, it's an entire nation.​

They released on Eastbay only for some reason-it was towards the end of the life cycle of the XIV's- they were not in stores.

Actually, air-jordans.com says those are OG samples. The ones tht released in 1999 were low cut, and they never retroed em in that colorway in a mid.
THE WORLD IS YOURS​

my boy had a pair of those I didn't think they were special at all
Hype doesn't exist in my world of collecting sneakers...I'm just just having a lifelong love affair with kicks. -That line was too sick not to be my sig....Fly Jr.

^No offense, but your boy may have had fakes unless he had some samples
TeaM​
GEORGIA SOLE
DEDICATION IS KEY Member #25- DWalk31
DeKalb County​

THEY WERE NOT SAMPLES NOR WERE THEY GR.

Eastbay dropped them after all other XIV's and XIV Lows had already been released in 1999. They were never sold in stores only eastbay. No one knew exactly why, and no one at the time had a heads up on the release of this colorway. But they are legit. If you didn't get the eastbay catalog back then you have no place to comment. I can dig up and old copy and scan it and post the pic for proof if that's what you kids really need.
Ro22sS
www.DLX208.com
My Store's MySpace
My MySpace
My current eBay auctions

I was always wondering about those, I knwo they were gonna retro them but they got scrapped. I always thought the were a UNC PE. Thats wild that only eastbay relased them. Anyone know why?

I must admit, I learned something to day. It passed my eyes that the lows and highs were same, but I guess there was a difference.
-----
It is harsh !

Like the guy above said, THEY ARE NOT SAMPLES!! Look at them, they have the regular tagging, regular box, regular everything. The only fact was that, that colorway was suppose to be made in a low cut version only. But when the factory started producing the high cut and that mistake was was put to attention, it was a little late, but not too late for the production to be cut instantly and continue with the low cut. So there was a small amount of High's released just like the low's, but were not as widely available. They were indeed released!!!! You can basically call them a OG Q/S. Only online source known to have had them was Eastbay, although wholesalers in the states also received them, hence probably being the reason that they were also available in downtown Brooklyn.

Next time, don't go posting a shoe that you know little about instantly as you see it on auction, posting it widely like that does affect the auction directly. Try askign friends first or maybe posting about it after the auction is over. Heck "Ask Seller a Question" would help directly. I only say that because I know/see that a few people in this thread are not too happy to have something exposed that they have their eyes on. Ya dig?

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats a nice *** shoe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

indeeds

thanks for the info solesupreme. i was never sure about that mid in that colorway.
i got some size 11 heat,deadstock. get at me

Eastbay did have them on clearance starting at $99 then down to $59...However the rumor was that they were leftover player editions for North Carolina. That's why Eastbay only had a few regular sizes and a boatload of bigger sizes.

9-11 is a pretty rare find (if in fact real)...But you'll see these in alot of 13+ sizes.
Niketalkin' since December 15th, 1999!

HELP REPORT eBay Fake Listings!

The most beautiful white/carolina blue Jordan ever.
Those were the UNC 14s that got released sometime around Christmans in 1999 i beleive on Eastbay.com only!
Bulgarian Kings
Syracuse Orange in the house!​
<---- :wink:

thanks for all the info. i was wondering the whole story after i saw what air-jordans.com said. i would love to have a pair of those.
THE WORLD IS YOURS​

Back
Top Bottom