What's the worst you've ever seen a player get abused on defense? Vol Dirk/ K-Mart

man yall chill with all that CP3 on kidd nonsense. CP3 was going off screens the entire series. he aint even no scorer like that. like dude wasnt just giving him a full course meal like scorers actually do. of course he was orchestrating hisoffense at will and scoring off the pick and roll at will, but abusing him? chill with that. besides Kidd is a PG who actually plays offense full throttleall game and he still makes clutch defensive plays against some of the best playing from the 1-3 positions

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

akajaedeuce wrote:
Kobe vs Raptors

Watch this game. Everything in this thread is one player abusing his defender... but Kobe abused the entire team with this one.
The Wizard wrote:
in that same Finals series. KMart abused whoever was playing PF for the Lakers in games 3 & 4.

AI vs. DFish in 2001 Game 1.

I think this is a stretch to call these "abuses" because the Lakers won both these series and only lost one game between the two. When you talk about abusing a defender, you're talking about the player just rubbing it in the guy's face with an edge. You can't really embarrass your defender if you lose the game, because the defender still did enough, technically... he still has the upper hand because he won the game even if you were draining it in his face. AI and Tyronne Lue does qualify as abuse though, simply because AI stepped over him. Win or lose, AI shoveled some embarrassment on him.
tired.gif

Kobe Vs. T-Mac when he was in Orlando...

Kobe a shoulder injury and didnt score a FG in the first half.

Second half put in 37 points while shutting t-mac down on the other end
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my dude yao ming on dwight howard.

and kobe vs ruben patterson aka the kobe stopper in the final game of the 03-04 season when kobe rained 2 buzzer beater 3's in his face
laugh.gif

i think we should keep this to playoff games, the stage is just so much bigger. however, i don't think we will see as many abuses on defense nowadays because the zone defenses.
Uh, the lack of hand-checking alone makes any "abuse" today look like child's play compared to just ten years ago. Zone has nothingto do with it, because it's not a true zone.

[h3]Glossary [emoji]9642[/emoji] CSV [emoji]9642[/emoji] PRE [emoji]9642[/emoji] Click column headers to sort[/h3]
[table][tr][th=""]Rk[/th] [th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]Date[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]Opp[/th] [th=""]W[/th] [th=""]L[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Yao Ming[/td] [td]2007-03-11[/td] [td]HOU[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]ORL[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]35:58[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]22[/td] [td].636[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]11[/td] [td].818[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]37[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Dwight Howard[/td] [td]2007-03-11[/td] [td]ORL[/td] [td]@[/td] [td]HOU[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]31:33[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]12[/td] [td].500[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td].800[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]16[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]
[/th] [th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]W[/th] [th=""]L[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Yao Ming[/td] [td]Per Game[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]35.1[/td] [td]8.7[/td] [td]15.4[/td] [td].561[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]6.2[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td].789[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [td]10.4[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]23.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Dwight Howard[/td] [td]Per Game[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]34.0[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]9.1[/td] [td].451[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td].000[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td].600[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]12.2[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

After tonight's game, I'm going to have to rank Dirks abuse of K-Mart as one of the best i've seen in a while.
so melo is up there also with 41 and 11?
grin.gif

-CP3 going to WORK on kidd last year

-eric Snow trying to guard TP in the finals

-shaq VS the nets in the finals

-Ruben the kobe stopper patterson trying to guard kobe

-Randy Moss Killin the cowboys

-Larry Fitzgerald killin defenese in the playoffs this year

i will add more later
laugh.gif
@ The FB reference

laugh.gif
i was expecting someone to post up that "pippen abusing kobe" vid.

personally though, it's gotta be ehlo 'trying' to guard jordan.

One of the worst that I've seen in the past couple years or so, was when Gil dropped 46 in 30 MINUTES on both Marbury and Francis on the Knicks....it wasdisgusting...he sat out the 4th quarter also....

Tim Duncan 2003 NBA Finals, Game 5 and 6. TD holds K-Mart, to 3-30 shooting combined. TD nearly pulls of a quadruple double in Game 6.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Kobe vs Raptors

Watch this game. Everything in this thread is one player abusing his defender... but Kobe abused the entire team with this one.
Originally Posted by The Wizard

in that same Finals series. KMart abused whoever was playing PF for the Lakers in games 3 & 4.

AI vs. DFish in 2001 Game 1.

I think this is a stretch to call these "abuses" because the Lakers won both these series and only lost one game between the two. When you talk about abusing a defender, you're talking about the player just rubbing it in the guy's face with an edge. You can't really embarrass your defender if you lose the game, because the defender still did enough, technically... he still has the upper hand because he won the game even if you were draining it in his face. AI and Tyronne Lue does qualify as abuse though, simply because AI stepped over him. Win or lose, AI shoveled some embarrassment on him.
uh the Sixers won that game, so it does count as an abuse.

The dream vs. The admiral has to rank in the top 5. I still remember watching that series, Drob couldn't have gaurded Akeem with a bat that series

Originally Posted by dreClark

Eddie Royal vs Deangelo Hall

true.
followed by Chauncey wiping the floor up w/ CP3 in the 1st round.
especially the 1st 2 games.

Back
Top Bottom