What's the worst you've ever seen a player get abused on defense? Vol Dirk/ K-Mart

After tonight's game, I'm going to have to rank Dirks abuse of K-Mart as one of the best i've seen in a while. Dirk gave it to K-Mart one on one,man to man in his hometown in front of his mama. No help D, just straight buckets on his head all night. One leg J's, turn arounds, pull ups, Dirk did itall tonight.

I knew it was bad, but when I saw the boxscore it looked even worse. Dirk 44 points 13 rebounds. K-Mart 2 points 2 rebounds 6 fouls in 33 minutes.

NT,

What's the worst you've seen a player get abused one on one?

Olajuwon vs Robinson after Robinson won MVP is the first one the comes to mind.

P.S This isnt about the series.

Shaq on those '03 Nets was pretty bad. I don't know who you want to put it on though. McCullough?

..to make up for Kobe raining on Shane game 2.
laugh.gif

barkley vs. angola

usa7_627_070822.jpg

"somebody elbows me, i'm gonna elbow him right back. even if it looks like he hasn't eaten in a week."

CP3 destroyed JASON KIDD in last years playoffs..

He was talkin some serious trash too...

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Dirk on the suns defense on game 5 of the 2006 western conference finals.

LOL...it all started when tim thomas blew a kiss to him and told him he was p****..

i forgot to add eric snow getting punished by tony parker the whole 07 NBA finals...

After tonight's game, I'm going to have to rank Dirks abuse of K-Mart as one of the best i've seen in a while.
so melo is up there also with 41 and 11?
grin.gif

-CP3 going to WORK on kidd last year

-eric Snow trying to guard TP in the finals

-shaq VS the nets in the finals

-Ruben the kobe stopper patterson trying to guard kobe

-Randy Moss Killin the cowboys

-Larry Fitzgerald killin defenese in the playoffs this year

i will add more later

in that same Finals series. KMart abused whoever was playing PF for the Lakers in games 3 & 4.

AI vs. DFish in 2001 Game 1.

There are so many, but let me just choose some of the noticable ones...

bruce bowen on kobe during playoffs, i believe he had near 30pts on him.

allan houston on kobe. dropped 50 on him.

lebron on kobe. he had smooth 41 on him. not to mention the game winner on him.

i'm sure there are alot more though...

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

You try too hard.
grin.gif

The Dream abusing a young Shaq comes to mind. So much for that million dollar matchup in the Summer. "Injuries".
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

You try too hard.
grin.gif

The Dream abusing a young Shaq comes to mind. So much for that million dollar matchup in the Summer. "Injuries".
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
Yeah, Hakeem abusing Shaq was just unfair.

Latrell Sprewell on Sean Elliott in Game 5 99 Finals
KG on Chris Webber Game 7 Western Conference Semifinals 2004 (I'm not sure if anyone remembers this, but I think KG had 32 and 21, and at one point, he wasplaying PG and he was crossing the ishh outta CWebb)
AI putting up 52 on Chris Childs/Aaron Williams Game 5 2001 ECSemifinals
VC putting up 50 on Aaron McKie Game 3 2001 ECSemifinals

PROBABLY THE BEST EXAMPLE EVER IS Eric "Sleepy" Floyd dropping 29in the 4th qtr in the WCSemis Game 4 in 87 on probably the best defender of the 80's Michael Cooper & Byron Scott.

i think we should keep this to playoff games, the stage is just so much bigger. however, i don't think we will see as many abuses on defense nowadaysbecause the zone defenses.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Kobe vs Raptors

Watch this game. Everything in this thread is one player abusing his defender... but Kobe abused the entire team with this one.
Originally Posted by The Wizard

in that same Finals series. KMart abused whoever was playing PF for the Lakers in games 3 & 4.

AI vs. DFish in 2001 Game 1.

I think this is a stretch to call these "abuses" because the Lakers won both these series and only lost one game between the two. When you talk aboutabusing a defender, you're talking about the player just rubbing it in the guy's face with an edge. You can't really embarrass your defender if youlose the game, because the defender still did enough, technically... he still has the upper hand because he won the game even if you were draining it in hisface. AI and Tyronne Lue does qualify as abuse though, simply because AI stepped over him. Win or lose, AI shoveled some embarrassment on him.

Back
Top Bottom