Whats up with this Tyler Perry dude?

I hate Tyler Perry movies, the characters on their is always mostly one good actor surrounded by a bunch of terrible actors that he always portrays to bestraight evil..

Originally Posted by RellNye

Uses stereotypes to sell.
He's gay.

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

I hate Tyler Perry movies, the characters on their is always mostly one good actor surrounded by a bunch of terrible actors that he always portrays to be straight evil..

These two say all you need to know about him. Its RARELY FUNNY

Word, females love these movies and the show.

It's redundant to me. Once you've seen 1 Tyler Perry movie, you've seen them all. All too predictable and I'm tired of people over exaggeratingstereotypes to sell.

I never understood why he was as hyped up as he is. His work isn't as large as his hype, but it's nowhere near the worst I've ever seen...at thesame time, it's nowhere near the best. I can't hate on him or his work, but I'm not a big fan.

The TV show is corny to me, but a few of the plays that I saw on bootleg had some funny parts.

his plays are more engaging to me than the flicks...he did do good with "Why Did I Get Married"

i lose a bit respect for Black actors who end up cross dressing in roles. word to Wesley, Jamie, Wayans...shoutouts to Denzel.

dude's movies are MAd predictable. dark skinned guy cheats on wife, family goes through turmoil, light skinned guy courts woman cheated on, power ofprayers saves family.

f outta here
laugh.gif

Dang, I think his movies are more geared for christian families. I think for an poor man to rich man he is doing good. Indeed he is not the best but he is notthe worst either.

Knowing your market FTW

And his movies are good, tv show is bad

$200M tv deal

that is all

Originally Posted by RellNye

Uses stereotypes to sell.
He's gay.
Paul Is On Tilt wrote:

I don't like this dude...
ThrowedInDaGame wrote:

It's redundant to me. Once you've seen 1 Tyler Perry movie, you've seen them all. All too predictable and I'm tired of people over exaggerating stereotypes to sell.

agreed

Wow you dudes really be hatin on this cat. He's out there doin his thing and I do find his movies to be pretty funny.

Old black people like him a lot and once they like something that is it no changing their minds.

first heard of it in high school. EVERYBODY was talkin about it. i felt left out. when i learned Madea was a dude dressing up as a women. i never even wantedto try to attempt to even think about possibly giving his work a chance. cuz imo comdey based on cross dressing isnt funny. thats why i aint give White Chicksa try.

i like intelligent well thought out humor. if your funniness is based on you being a dude whos a women, then thats it, no more reason for me to look at it cuzi already know whats up.

and im a black guy (brown actually), but a lot of family oriented shows with mad black folks in it dont interest me.

UPN =
smh.gif

edit: blackmagnus sums up what i think perfectly.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

i lose a bit respect for Black actors who end up cross dressing in roles. word to Wesley, Jamie, Wayans...shoutouts to Denzel.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]dude's movies are MAd predictable. dark skinned guy cheats on wife, family goes through turmoil, light skinned guy courts woman cheated on, power of prayers saves family.[/color]

f outta here
laugh.gif
TRUTH
word to Shamar Moore
roll.gif

Dude isnt even a cute light skinned fellow, they couldnt get Cuba Gooding Jr or something?

and wesley snipes croosdressed??? pics?

I respect what he does but I am starting to wonder bout his sexuality..not that it matters to me but I can't understand bein 30 somethin with a load ofguap and no wife? That 'waiting on the right one' excuse only goes so far. If he came out he wouldn't have an audience though. I think after hisnext couple projects he'll disappear but who knows.

i don't know whats up with him, but i do know that i dont like him or find him funny.

His whole Madea character sucks.

Back
Top Bottom