Whats with females not wanting to share their husbands last name, though?

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

Unless shorty is famous as a name like there's no reason for it.

Maybe a hyphen but when a wife does this the husband always looks like a sucka imo. Makes no sense.
Is it really THAT serious though?
I don't understand this response to my post. Exactly what about my post implied seriousness? Or is somebody looking like a sucka "serious" to you?

Why does a woman not (or half) taking the man's name a sign of the man losing any sort of machismo

Maybe a hyphen but when a wife does this the husband always looks like a sucka imo. Makes no sense.
I don't understand this response to my post. Exactly what about my post implied seriousness? Or is somebody looking like a sucka "serious" to you?

Why does a woman not (or half) taking the man's name a sign of the man losing any sort of machismo

Its an outside looking in thing. Because of tradition when we (men) think about marriage, its ideally the man being...a man. Being the sole breadwinnerbasically, while the woman plays the housewife role. Of course in todays society things are way different and most women make as much or more than most malesbut men still see the future in that way.. No man looks forward to being emasculated.

Originally Posted by cocolicious

I can buy my own ring

2z844g2.jpg

Didn't say that.
sucka (sucker)
n. (Slang) One who is easily deceived, gullible person, dupe; generic person or thing (used to specify an object without calling it by name)

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Its an outside looking in thing. Because of tradition when we (men) think about marriage, its ideally the man being...a man. Being the sole breadwinner basically, while the woman plays the housewife role. Of course in todays society things are way different and most women make as much or more than most males but men still see the future in that way.. No man looks forward to being emasculated.

I guess if that's you feel.
If you're taking care of business though and you know you're a man. That shouldn't be an issue.

Didn't say that.
sucka (sucker)
n. (Slang) One who is easily deceived, gullible person, dupe; generic person or thing (used to specify an object without calling it by name)

You know doggone well that when a man is being called a "sucka", it's meant to imply emasculation to a certain degree.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

the only way i wouldnt take his last name is if it rhymed with my 1st name. No way in hell im gonna be called alyssa salissa or somethin like that for the rest of my life.

I agree
I'll def take my husband's last name
If it rhymed with my first name, then we have to come up with something
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

I met this lady off here and she said if she gets married, she would want to keep her last name i stonefaced her and realized its been a trend. What are some reasons they would want to keep their last name since its been a known tradition to take the last name of thy husband

Originally Posted by cocolicious

I don't see why someone has to change their last name, what's wrong with keeping it.

smile.gif

If you guys are trying to keep things a secret, youre doing a horrible job.

right
laugh.gif

pretty lame how chicks be trying to play both sides of that independent women ishh. its really biologically ridiculous to talk about a woman being outrightindependent. these emotional creatures are not wired/built for it.

then we get to talkin about double standards and chicks only want to talk about ishh that benefits them. men gotta be chivalrous and this and that. well getyo #%# out there and cut some grass. lay that expensive #%# jacket in the mud, whenever someone threatens the family, pull out that heat and ride on em withno hesitation. $@%*+ ridiculous. we talk about double standards all the time but only the ones that benefit women. end of the day shut up and deal with it.

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

pretty lame how chicks be trying to play both sides of that independent women ishh. its really biologically ridiculous to talk about a woman being outright independent. these emotional creatures are not wired/built for it.

then we get to talkin about double standards and chicks only want to talk about ishh that benefits them. men gotta be chivalrous and this and that. well get yo #%# out there and cut some grass. lay that expensive #%# jacket in the mud, whenever someone threatens the family, pull out that heat and ride on em with no hesitation. $@%*+ ridiculous. we talk about double standards all the time but only the ones that benefit women. end of the day shut up and deal with it.

Wow. You're serious?

Didn't say that.
sucka (sucker)
You know doggone well that when a man is being called a "sucka", it's meant to imply emasculation to a certain degree.
laugh.gif

Yall stay re-inventing words
laugh.gif
. It's just a commonnegative word similar to a loser, or a stupid person. Like a chick getting you to eat her box and she doesn't return the favor. Sucka

Emasculation isn't what I thought of when I saw "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka"

Females can be suckas too.

Originally Posted by Kim1

the only way i wouldnt take his last name is if it rhymed with my 1st name. No way in hell im gonna be called alyssa salissa or somethin like that for the rest of my life.
I agree
laugh.gif
What if his last name is "Blows" or "Gettsoff"???

I knew a Julie Gettsoff in JHS
roll.gif
She legally changed her name.

Originally Posted by Kim1

I agree
laugh.gif
What if his last name is "Blows" or "Gettsoff"???

I knew a Julie Gettsoff in JHS
roll.gif
She legally changed her name.
I would hope he would legally change his name like Julie did or I'm not taking that
laugh.gif

confused about what?

no one is saying they won't take on what are considered wifely duties...we're talking about a last name...

FTR i don't care...i'll take the last name...

Im willing to bet that the women who argue the most against taking their husband's last name are the ones that are the most subservient to their man inreal life.
They just get on the internet to turn a blind eye to their reality.

Back
Top Bottom