What's with JB and the releasing of any VI model????

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by ghost43t

Originally Posted by djkaos23

Has anyone noticed (propbably been mentioned here) that everytime JB decides to release the VI it's either Limited, quickstriked, or attached to a package. Since the Blk/Infra Red dropped Aug 2000 every
VI that has come after it has been gimmicked release. Can't remember if the Lows from 2002 were done this way to. Here's what I mean

Jordan VI Olympics (sept 2000) Limited
Jordan VI DMP (Jan 2006) DMP only
Jordan VI Carmine (May 2008) CDP only
Jordan VI Olympics II (June 2008) Limited

Why can't JB just give us a general release VI. It's will sell out because this model is on almost everyone's top 5 to 10 list of all time jays.

there you go you answered it your self,cuz people love them so much they wouldnt mind havin to buy them with some other shoes
Co-signed. I didn't care for the 17's in the 17/6 pack due to the choice of materials. But I had to have the Carmines.
sneakgeekz! is that you?^^^^^^

All the VI's that have or are going to release are all
sick.gif

JB is ruing my favorite shoe.
tired.gif

I believe they will bring the VI's back within the next year. They have 2, what's left to be retroed? The packs have gotten all the hype the entireyear, so by the time 08 comes around, its a no brainer. Im sure they have a nice market research dept. that does a little homework about what consumers want,and their just wating. EVERYBODY wants at least one pair.

Cmon, Im coppin the Oly VI's just because. Desperate times call for drastic measures. I dont care whats on the back.

^^ I know they dont care about collector's. That's the obvoius. What i mena is that we get all these black cats, pures, and retro + colors of every other model and it's a GR. But whenever the VI release be it an OG or a retro+ it has been a gimmick. Just the VI. I wanna know why?? All we want is a OG colored or a very good retro + VI to be a GR.

I hear you, they have hijacked the sixes and only release them with a hostage. The upcoming Olympic release should give six lovers the break they need tostock up, since all the OG heads have condemned them.

they can release em however they want to. these are number 2 on my all-time fave jays list and, as long as they rock, i'm pursuing them.(BTW, olympic VIscomin' out suck)

It's weird the there had only been ONE OG color released - the Black Infrared - until last weekend. There are the White/Black-Infared, White/Black-Sport Blue and Offwhite/Maroon left. They've done all the OG II, III, IV, V, VIII and XI. The only OG VIIs missing are the Bordeauxs since the Hares are coming soon. There are 2 OG IXs missing. Even the Is have had 4 OG colors retroed. Why so few VI's?????
Exactly. Why is the VI always gimmicked or attached to something else. All the other OG colors of the first 5 models have or will drop in the CDP.JB is holding out on the OG colors of the VI. A general release of any OG colored VI will sell and sell better than these GR retro+ VIII, XIV, I's. If theyare the greedy money hungry monster we all call them then release something that we will be happy to spend our money on.

It's tough for me to know what I think the "right" thing to do would be. While I agree that releasing the VI as a "hostage" (love thatterm by the way) is lame, I'm a little stoked to see that is hasn't been released a thousand times in different, most often ugly, colorways as manyother models have been. It's got a LOT of sentimental value to me personally. The infrareds were the first pair I ever owned, and bought when I was in 9thgrade and was excited to play competitive ball (J.V. my freshman year) against new competition, not the same scrubs I had been ballin' with/against in recleague the previous five years. Moms wouldn't dare drop $120 bills on a pair of sneakers, so she told me to pay for half. What seemed like 1,000 mowedlawns and washed dogs/cars later, I had my $60 and she drove me to a CalStores in Escondido to buy a pair of infrareds. BIG day for me. MJ won his first titlein VI's, and forever shook the last criticism Laker fans (of which there were many in San Diego) had of him (no rings). The VI's are special, so thenostalgic side of me is glad they're not everywhere. OG colorways of the VI are rare. And I don't mind. After all, shouldn't grails be rare andexclusive? If your heart didn't skip a beat every time you saw a legit pair (whenever THAT is), would they still be as special?

i like the vi's...but i can't say they are favorites....i agree that i'd like to stop seeing the crazy colorways....but as a shoe they are kind ofbulky to ball in...imo...

^^ I know they dont care about collector's. That's the obvoius. What i mena is that we get all these black cats, pures, and retro + colors of every other model and it's a GR. But whenever the VI release be it an OG or a retro+ it has been a gimmick. Just the VI. I wanna know why?? All we want is a OG colored or a very good retro + VI to be a GR.

u asked why! it's easy..j's VI's is his first...and you know what first means to everyone...
pimp.gif

**Why!!!!**

Why I gotta pay $310 a Pop?/
For 2 kicks but 1 of them I aint gonna rock/
With or without socks...still feel fresh when I come down the block/
But no matter what, the material aint top notch on what I copped/

Now do the math.......I barely got cash in the bank/
But I got enough kicks stashed for a rainy day/
Jordan Brand don't care bout what you think/
they want they bread fast and they know you gonna give it up quick/
Laughing at the Board Room, like look at these idiots/

Quit ya playing!!!...what part of the game is?/
Paying over a G..for a shoe Jordan aint played a game in/
Claiming to be the last one, but what I'm saying/
Quality is better on the newer versions then the retro's displaying/
But those the ones we be on line waiting/
But go online and the newer versions aint selling nathan/

Economy is going DOWN/ Gas prices going UP/
Seems like shoes got more value then a Buck/
But that don't stop here/ need a kick in the rear/
To get it kicked into gear/
Feel like I'm getting raped with no vasoline to smear/

There you go, some people said someone should do a song. Quick freestyle for ya'll...if anyone wondering, I do music. Check out My artist Louis the 13thformally signed to Queen Latifah, Myspace.com/louisthe13th . Ok, that's enough promotion..lol.

I was just saying the same thing about the 6's not being released that much in another thread. Feel the same with some of ya'll opinions. The 6's,11's, 3's and 4's and 5's are the top 5 jordans of all time. But the 6's and 11's are just that shoe. 11's haven't been massproducted in a wide variety of colors as well. JB gonna milk them for what its worth and put them out in limited quanities and colors cus they know peoplereally want those kicks. Supply and demand people. They know what they doing, they gonna mass produce all the fugaga kicks cus they know the majority of thatcrap is gonna sell cus there isn't anything else available. And the dope shoes they gonna put out with some time of gimmick surrounding them and mark themup some crazy price cus they know its gonna sell. I bought 2 of them 6/17 packs just to have to have 2 pairs of carmines. Who cares about the17's??..that's how they get you, they know you want that shoe. Its kind of sad. Sorry for the long post

Originally Posted by RetroJTino

they can release em however they want to. these are number 2 on my all-time fave jays list and, as long as they rock, i'm pursuing them.(BTW, olympic VIs comin' out suck)
lol I agree. Imma pass. My homeboys all drooling over them, but thats prolly becuz I was the only one who could get the 6/17 package

Back
Top Bottom