What's your favorite song to play on the piano?

balloonoboy

Banned
I've recently started taking piano lessons and I was told to choose a song to work on. I have some sheet music at home (my sister's) but none of those songs move me.

Help me pick a song, NT.

Thanks.

I can't play for #%%
laugh.gif
a few basic classics and that's it. I would love to learn how to play the music from Ingrid Michaelsons song Porcelain Fists

YO!
Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I've recently started taking piano lessons and I was told to choose a song to work on. I have some sheet music at home (my sister's) but none of those songs move me.

That explains the avy.
pimp.gif
And that second part is the reason I (regretfully) quit piano lessons as a kid. The music I was practicing wasn't "cool" enough for me. But I was a child.
tired.gif
I hope to pick up lessons again. My uncle plays Grover Washington's "Mister Magic" a lot. Seems fairly basic to start. I picked up Herbie Hancock's "Head Hunters" the other day.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by infamousod

or round midnight like dave chappelle

I was watching this Monday morning and it inspired me to go to Best Buy and purchase a new copy of Mos' Black On Both Sides. Ended up grabbing Black Star and Head Hunters while I was there.

DF!!!

Canon in D has been my favorite song to play since I was little. I can still play it from memory and I don't play regularly.

Moonlight Sonata is a good one as well.

1000 Miles is pretty easy and fun to play.

although I can't really play this, and i stop trying. If I could play it, i'm sure it'll be my favorite.

Moonlight Sonata, Canon in D, and Ordinary People are very probable choices.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

definitely check out yiruma. River Flows in You is his most popular song. His songs are beautiful. Some other ones you might like, just taking a glance at my itunes: Maybe, Kiss the Rain, Do You, Love Me, Beloved

Back
Top Bottom